Hill Climb Racing 2 Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All is Bright Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Swimming Toward the Ocean: A Novel
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 27, 2005
What a wonderful, all-consuming novel! I could barely put it down. I cried when I finished it! The characters, the setting the time, the Yiddish-isms, all resonated deeply within me. I highly recommend this moving and tremendously enjoyable book!!
on March 12, 2005
in this book, as well as Glickfeld's first book, Useful Gifts, I am pulled deeply into the lives of the characters. By the end of the book I know them well because I have lived them, not just read about them. This is the author's story telling gift.
on February 11, 2007
Tackling one of the most difficult relationships, that of mother-daughter, as well as the relationships each forges in her life, this book will have you laughing and crying and caring.