SwingTIP Golf Swing Analysis & Coaching System
|Price:||$113.83 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$16.16 (12%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Real-time golf swing analysis transmitted to your iPhone (4S to 7 Plus), iPod Touch 5th Generation, iPad Air (iOS 7.0 and above), Android smartphone and tablet (4.0 and above)
- Hands-free video/audio recording, review and sharing of your swing for advice
- Enabled for a MobiCoach real-time, remote golf swing lesson with a coach (iOS, Android support is coming soon)
- Free MyMobiCoach online account and scorecards track trends and improvement
- Download User Guides and Manual In Product Details section
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Commitment to Customer Service
If you have any questions regarding your SwingTIP sensor, please contact Mobiplex Customer Care seven days a week at support (at) mobiplex.com. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed and we will respond quickly to any and all emails from Amazon customers.
Your Choice – Standalone Self-Teaching or Live, Remote Coaching
Everyone wants to learn how to play better golf. The challenge is in knowing how to quickly improve. The SwingTIP golf swing analyzer and mobile app (iOS, Android) deliver real-time swing analysis that shows you what happened, why, and how to improve it. Want immediate help on a specific aspect of your swing or putting technique? Sign-up for a MobiCoach live, remote coaching session to get instruction from the game’s best teachers, on your mobile device (iOS only, Android coming), from anywhere in the world.
Capture Your Golf Swing with SwingTIP
SwingTIP is the most advanced, effective and easy-to-use mobile golf swing analysis and training tool on the market. The Bluetooth-motion sensor uses advanced pattern recognition to capture and analyze the full trajectory of your golf swing. It works with a mobile app to transmit real-time golf swing analysis to your iPhone 4+, iPod Touch 4th gen+, iPad2+ or Android mobile device.
Live Instruction from a Remote Coach
MobiCoach is the industry’s first live, remote mobile golf coaching service (iOS only, Android coming). Get coaching from the game’s best teachers in a comprehensive, convenient, and affordable manner. Instruction at home year-round, no matter the weather. No more uploading swing videos to the web, and waiting for feedback days later. Get live, remote feedback on your swing or putting technique that you can implement on your very next swing.
MobiCoach Online Golf Coach Marketplace
MobiCoach is an online golf coach marketplace for live, remote mobile coaching lessons. It includes a growing roster of top golf coaches from institutions such as Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf, Troon Golf Academy, and others. Create a free MobiCoach account online at mobicoach.com to review coach bios, rates, and availability as well as to book a lesson.
Experience A Live Coaching Session
SwingTIP works with a coach’s MobiCoach iPad app to enable a live, remote coaching session. Join a voice call and capture and share swing videos and 3D swing data in real-time with a coach. For visual learning, the system mirrors the coach’s screen to your screen - watch him/her review your videos frame-by-frame, and use whiteboard tools to markup areas for improvement. A side-by-side feature let’s the coach review current and previous swings simultaneously.
Take a MobiCoach Lesson Anytime, Anywhere
Join a live voice call with your coach. Record and share your swings for instant feedback. Incorporate the advice on your very next swing for instant results. After the lesson, review the session videos and notes from your coach whenever you like. In as little as 15 minutes, you can get the live instruction that you need to improve your swing or putting technique. MobiCoach lessons can be taken year-round, and anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 4G connection.
Hands-free Video Recording of Your Swing
Mount your phone or tablet on a tripod to auto-capture videos of your swing. The SwingTIP Bluetooth motion sensor auto-triggers your mobile device’s video recorder to capture swing-after-swing. It auto-trims your videos before and after impact, and plays them back – no need to leave your stance. Easily share your videos via email or Facebook.
3D Swing Analysis and Metrics
SwingTIP analyzes your swing across five swing checkpoints: address, takeaway, top of swing, halfway through downswing and impact. It displays your swing from three angles (target, front, top) and lets you compare a current swing to your “favorite swing. ” SwingTIP pinpoints strengths & flaws on nine power and plane aspects, reports on key impact metrics, and provides instruction tips and videos for improvement.
Goals and Performance Tracker
After every practice session, the SwingTIP app makes it easy to create scorecards that summarize your performance stats. Email them to a friend or coach for advice. Your free MobiCoach online account has a performance dashboard that reports your overall performance scores. See performance trends across each club-type, metric, and time period of your choice.
Top Customer Reviews
Out of the box: It's a little plastic thing that sits in a slender brace that clamps very snugly on the shaft of your club. The brace, and therefore the analyzer, does not move once clamped. It's a good design.
To use it, you need to download an app to your iphone or (in my case) your android phone or your tablet. Go to swingtip.com -- the app is there to download. While doing that you should charge your analyzer; that takes about an hour. The port for the (enclosed) cable to charge your analyzer is in the "bottom" of the analyzer. The analyzer is a small cylinder; the bottom has a small cover you open with a fingernail exposing the port. The top is a button. To start the analyzer, push the button on the top (this is not labelled "top" or "on" or anything, so I'm spelling this out.)
OK. Now start the app on your phone or tablet. Go to settings and follow the instructions to "pair" your analyzer to your phone or tablet, so they can talk to each other. Swingtip.com has detailed instructions on how to do this in their FAQ section, if you need that.
Attach the analyzer to the brace you've attached to the club. Press the "swing" button on the app and you're ready to go.
Just one thing -- you MUST hit a ball for the analyzer to read the swing. I spent a day swinging the club in my living room, annoying my wife, scaring the dogs, driving myself crazy, because I did not understand that you MUST hit a ball for the thing to work.
Interesting side note about that: I thought the analyzer didn't work. So I contacted mobiplex customer support the only way they let you -- by email. And after a couple of emails back and forth I got ticked off and gave my cell phone number and said why don't you call me?
The next day who calls me? Van Krueger, the company's vice president for operations. That's who calls me. So I have this very productive talk with Mr. Krueger and then put the dogs in the truck, drive to the soccer field, hit 48 golf balls, and -- boom. It works.
Results: The analyzer gives you 6 types of data for each swing: 1) a picture of the arc of the swing, which you can view in 3 orientations, 2) a report on whether the swing is outside-in or square, 3) a report on whether the club face at impact is open or square or closed, 4) a report on where on the club you hit the ball, 5) a numerical value reporting your swing tempo, and 6) club head speed.
All the data for each swing is visible on your cell phone on one screen. If you want, you can add to those data a comparison "reference" swing, which I think is what the arc of the swing should be, ideally.
So what do I think?
1) I wish the company had a phone number you could call for technical support.
2) But by the same token, I'm really impressed the company's vice president would call me on my cell the THE SAME DAY I request a phone call. It looks to me like they really care about their product and their customers.
3) I love the way the report of the swing looks -- it's just really efficient and esay to see and read and understand, at a glance, what just happened with a given swing.
4) This thing is incredibly useful. For example, it's difficult for me to say for sure whether my slice was the result of an open face or the arc of the swing -- the analyzer tells me exactly what I need to know.
5) The design is good: The analyzer is so unobtrusive you would not notice it unless you looked for it on the shaft of the club; and it does not move at all with repeat swings.
6) I don't know if their web site makes it clear you MUST hit a ball to get a report; if not they should do that.
7) I'd recommend this to anyone interested in improving his or her swing. I just started playing golf for real this year; I have a LOT to learn -- this is already helping me, and I just used it for the first time today.
8) I should note too there are a bunch of tutorials available on the app -- I've just begun to use those; so far they look good.
So for what it's worth, I'd say this is a great deal at $120. And I took the time to write this kind of detailed review partly because I can't remember the last time I had a problem with a product and got the kind of response these folks showed. That doesn't often happen, in my experience, and when it does, people ought to know.
Updated Rating*** I am updating my rating to 4 stars for now. I ended up contacting customer support before returning it and they sent me instructions on resetting the device. I did not have any documentation that gave these steps and not sure why they are not included with the package as it is useful information. After following the steps below, my swingtip reset and I was able to use again. I still don't know WHy this happened and I am guessing it is the same issue others have had but at least I know the fix for it. Because of this issue, I will take a star off the review. I will upgrade to 5 stars if I can go problem free for a while. The overall stats and video that the device offers is very useful and I definitely see it improving my game. Keeping fingers crossed that it does not shut down again!
Here are the steps that were sent to me...pretty easy to follow.
1) Plug the sensor into the charger and let charge for 5 minutes.
2) After 5 minutes, while still plugged into the charger, hold down the LED/power button for 30 seconds.
3) Let the sensor charge for another 15 minutes.
4) Unplug the sensor from the charger and turn it on by holding down the power/LED button for a few seconds.
5) Once the sensor starts to flash, press and hold the LED for 10 seconds. While you have the LED depressed you should see the lights blink for a few seconds, then they will turn off, then the amber light will come back on, then it will begin flashing again. Once you see the lights start flashing after they have turned off and come back on, you can stop pressing the LED button.
6) Plug the sensor back onto the charger and let charge until the LED turns green.
I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your SwingTIP. I am also sorry to hear that you have no interest in letting us make sure we take care of whatever issue you are having. In any product there are going to be occasional hiccups with technology and the defining characteristic of a company is how they stand behind their products and their customers. If given the chance, we work tirelessly to make sure our customers are satisfied. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can personally make sure that we get you up and running as quickly as possible.
Mobiplex Customer Care