|Item Weight||2.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14 x 17.6 x 2.6 inches|
|Item model number||9312A|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||9312A|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Swingline Paper Trimmer/Cutter, Guillotine, 12" Cut Length, 10 Sheets Capacity, ClassicCut Lite (9312)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$25.63 (51%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Paper cutter / trimmer offers guillotine cutting of up to 10 sheets at once; 12" cutting length
- Durable plastic construction makes paper trimmer lightweight and easily portable; alignment grid and dual scale ruler for precise measuring
- Protective guard rail safety feature plus blade latch hook to lock blade
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Swingline ClassicCut Lite Guillotine Trimmer
As a general purpose trimmer, the ClassicCut Lite is appropriate for use in the office or home. Guillotine style blade has no problem cutting through thick materials or high capacity projects. This paper trimmer has a 12 inch cut length and chops 10 sheets at once in a thin, straight line.
The ClassicCut Lite base is made of durable, plastic material that is lightweight and easy to transport. The traditional, sharp guillotine blade includes user-friendly safety features including a protective guard rail and a blade latch hook that locks the blade down while the trimmer is not in use. The ClassicCut Lite with 12 inch cut length handles average paper cutting needs of up to 10 sheets without any difficulty.
- 12 inch blade
- Guillotine style
- 10 sheet capacity
- Protective guard rail and a blade latch hook
- Alignment grid
A Cut Above the Rest
When you need sharp looking visuals, our trimmers cut neat and clean lines. There is a perfect trimmer for every type of office environment, large and small. Click the photo on the left to read our guide to learn more details on different types of trimmers that will best suit your needs.
|Swingline ClassicCut Laser Guillotine Trimmer||Swingline Low Force Guillotine Trimmer||Swingline Guillotine Paper Trimmer|
|You may also be interested in:||Self-sharpening paper trimmer, 15 in. steel blade||Low force guillotine trimmer, 14 in. steel blade||ClassicCut guillotine paper trimmer, 24 in. steel blade|
ClassicCut Lite paper trimmer is a guillotine style paper cutter, built for the occasional 10 sheet job. Conveniently sized, this guillotine trimmer is lightweight and portable. Safety features include protective guard rail and blade latch hook. Limited 10-year warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros: It is still cutting as well as it did a year ago. I've cut cardstock, chipboard, and paper - probably totaling a few thousand cuts. Also, it is sturdy. I've had no issues with cracking or sticking. It balances well.
Cons: The biggest, and the reason for my low rating, is that the handle/blade/grid are not properly aligned. If you align your paper to the vertical grid, it will be off. If you align it to the horizontal grid, it will be off. If you guesstimate, it will be off. Cutting perfectly even paper requires pre-measuring with a ruler for my unit. Also, the latch that is supposed to hold the handle down rarely secures it for more than a few minutes. Then, it falls off. Finally, you must hold the paper down close to the guard bar or you'll get slippage toward an incorrect cut.
I'm finally going to break down and buy another paper cutter. It's sad because this one still cuts but the hassle of never having even pages without a few extra steps is more than I want to deal with right now. I hope that my unit was just defective and no others are having this issue. Still, I thought I'd share a review in case it happens to someone else. I didn't ask for a replacement because I always thought I must be doing something wrong. Finally, after a year of botched cuts, I asked someone else to try it. When their cuts also failed, I realized it is the tool.
- Appears well made
- Safety lock
- Satisfying noise!
- Since the blade is coming down rather than sliding across, it can be difficult to make a precise cut. It takes a little extra time to line it up. Small price to pay for having a blade that will last longer.
1. It cuts a slightly crooked line-the edge where you line up the paper must be slightly off.
2. The handle will not stay in the upright position when you lift it, and try to position your paper...the handle drops every time about an inch, making it necessary for me to hold the handle up with my body, so I can slide the paper under the blade, and
3. The lock on the bottom side of the blade is very stiff, and very difficult to pop open, so you can lift the handle. I'm afraid I'm going to slip one time, and cut myself on the blade.
I'm really disappointed in this paper cutter, but don't want the hassle of a return. Only one thing I like-the blade actually cuts paper. If I had known these things, I wouldn't have purchased it, especially because of problem #2.
1. Blade is sharp; easily cuts a single layer of 110# card stock. as well as 20# copy paper. I haven't cut multiple layers as accuracy is more important to me than cutting in bulk
2. Lightweight yet sturdy. Doesn't slide around on desktop. Easy to move around and store.
3. Work surface is large enough to cut 12" x 12" paper or card stock.
1. The only thing that keeps this trimmer from getting 5 stars is its measuring capabilities. If you have excellent eyesight and don't need to cut the utmost accuracy, you will probably be satisfied, even pleased with this trimmer.
a. The designers have chosen aesthetics over function by using a pale gray color for the inches scale on the top of the trimmer. Against the darker gray body, it's very hard to read if your vision is compromised by age or disease.
b. The scale on the top is marked in 1/8" increments which is OK, 1/16ths aren't that necessary but would have been appreciated. The problem for me is the top scale markings don't go all the way to the edge of the paper stop (very hard to describe), so when the paper is butted against the paper stop at the top, there is a gap between the paper and the scale, making it hard to be accurate.
c. There are two scales about 5 inches down; the top one is metric and the one below is in inches. If you are cutting something longer than the 5 inches, this helps line up the left edge, but if you're cutting something shorter, you must rely solely on the upper scale.
d. The guillotine blade doesn't lift very high at the pivot or connection point, so requires extra attention to be able to slide paper or card stock up to the paper stop. It would be nice if it rose just another inch.
If you just need a paper trimmer for tasks that don't require a super accurate cut, and if you're young and/or have excellent eyesight, this could be a great trimmer for you. The cost is low, the build quality seems very good. But if you don't see well and need contrast between markings and background, this will probably just frustrate you.
I will use this another week or so to see if any 'work arounds' come to me to make it more accurate for my poor vision, and if not, I'll return it to Amazon.
I have two issues with it. First, is that it's very hard to get a cut exactly where you want it if you're trying to make a cut in the center of a piece of paper versus just cutting off an edge. The other issue is a green bar that is secured down the right side. It prevents you from cutting longer piece of paper as the paper has to go under it. See my video.