Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $14.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plans starts on the date of purchase. Stains, rips or tears and seam separation covered from day one. Defects in materials or workmanship covered after the manufacturer warranty expires.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon.com Gift Card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
SwissGear 1900 Scansmart TSA 17-Inch Laptop Backpack, Blue/Black
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Tech Backpack: Pack all your essentials in the 1900 ScanSmart 17-inch laptop backpack specifically designed to speed you through airport security by allowing laptop-in-case scanning
- Secure Storage: This laptop backpack for men and women features an enhanced laptop compartment with zippered access for a 17-inch laptop and a padded TabletSafe tablet pocket
- Effortless Organization: Computer bag includes a main compartment with an accordion file holder and a RFID-protected organizer compartment with a removable key/fob clip and multiple divider pockets
- Multiple Pockets: Add-a-bag trolley strap slides over telescopic handles, 1 front and 2 side quick-access pocket secure essentials, and 2 mesh side pockets accommodate water bottles and umbrellas
- Comfortable To Carry: Lay-flat laptop bag includes ergonomically contoured, padded shoulder straps, adjustable compression straps, airflow back padding, and a reinforced, molded top handle
Pack all of your gear and then some in this extra-roomy, full-featured laptop backpack. The SwissGear 1900 ScanSmart Laptop Backpack is made from durable 1200D ballistic polyester fabric and is equipped with a large opening main compartment with rugged oversize zippers, adjustable side compression straps, a heavily padded back panel with Airflow ventilation technology, padded contour shaped shoulder straps with mesh fabric and built-in suspension as well as ScanSmart lay-flat technology for the ultimate in laptop-in-case TSA scanning for most portable computers up to 17” in size. Other features built into the case include a dedicated floating TabletSafe tablet pocket, an accordion file holder, an organizer compartment, multiple internal accessory pockets, side accessory and water bottle pockets, a padded media pocket with headphone cord port, a molded top handle, a webbing daisy chain and carabiner to attach gear to when you’re on the go, a front quick-access pocket and reflective accent material built into the shoulder straps for added safety when out at night.
From the manufacturer
Take advantage of our signature ScanSmart lay-flat technology to help speed through TSA checkpoints without having to remove your valuable laptop from the safety of its backpack.
1900 ScanSmart Laptop Backpack
A bestseller design, the iconic SWISSGEAR 1900 ScanSmart Laptop backpack continues to be chosen by road warriors time and time again! With a lay-flat TSA-approved tech compartment, protect your laptop and tablet inside designated mesh pockets. Stash supplies, and your shades inside organized exterior pockets while securing your smartphone and large gear inside a roomy main compartment. This highly functional pack also features a heavy-duty grab handle and ergonomic straps for on-the-go comfort.
Steeped in history and recognized as the innovation leader in functional design, SWISSGEAR clearly understands the needs of today’s active lifestyle. With features such as ScanSmart technology, Airflow back panels, RFID pockets and USB equipped charging capability, SWISSGEAR backpacks are designed with technology focused on providing true, value added solutions.
The difference between a good bag and a great one always revolves around its ability to keep you organized and efficient when on the go. SWISSGEAR backpacks are crafted with a plethora of pockets and compartment designed to protect its contents and to make sure that everything has its rightful spot ensuring that items are always there when you need them.
Backpacks need to be comfortable to wear or you’ve completely defeated their purpose. With features such as signature air mesh ergonomic contoured shoulder straps, heavily padded back panels, lightweight materials, and the foresight to position compartments for heavier items closer to your back, SWISSGEAR backpacks deliver all-day wearing comfort.
Ready When You Are
For decades, SWISSGEAR has been dedicated to providing forward-thinking backpacks, luggage, and travel accessories. With technology, functionality, and style as our core design components, travelers and commuters continue to rely on our modern collections to stay ready wherever they are. Built from vision. Created by precision. No matter what adventures, challenges or opportunities are in your path, SWISSGEAR makes sure you’re prepared for whatever lies ahead.
Reviewed in the United States on September 28, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I love this pack. I use it every day, and I love it.
That said ... I'll start by telling you the ONE thing I'm not crazy about ... the fact that unless it is completely full OR I'm packing something very rigid and flat in the bottom, when I set it down on its base, it wants to tip forward. OK, so I know that now and I lean it facing against a vertical surface before I let it set on its base ... but I'd prefer if, like my first SG pack, it sat up properly, on its own. But that's a minor point. Very minor. Everything else ... I love.
This is the third or fourth Swiss Gear backpack I've owned and I really must say these guys continue to knock them out of the park. Let's talk particulars:
More than any of my previous SwissGear bags, I love the looks of this one. The red and black are perfect for me and the trim design on this one is just right. Everything is easy to find, easy to reach, and the color scheme is just what I was looking for. While the blue/black and the gray/black bags I've had in the past were attractive, this one is my favorite.
Full or empty, for hiking or office, this pack always feels great when I wear it. The weight distribution is wonderful, it never feels heavy on me, even when full, and unlike some older models, the straps really seem to like to stay where they belong, instead of twisting under in ways I can't control. My first SG bag had a terrible problem with the pull straps twisting as they came through the slide fittings ... not this bag ... the straps stay nice and flat and tighten and release without a hitch.
This bag doesn't look any bigger than the previous SG bags I've had, but it seems like I can just keep putting more and more stuff into it all the time and I never run out of space. OK, I do ... but the bag consistently takes more than I think it can. There are several primary storage compartments to tell you about.
1) LAPTOP/FLATS - Closest to your back is a laptop storage compartment with a single zipper that goes from the base of the pack to the top, but only on one side. Easy in, easy out ... that' show I get my laptop in and out every day, and it's a big improvement over the double zippers that ran down both sides when you don't NEED full access to this compartment. Brilliant.
2) TABLET/FLATS - Next out from your back is a double zippered compartment that allows you, if you want/need to, to open the back of the pack completely and lay it flat ... they suggest for airport inspections. The netting between compartment 1 and 2 allows for quick visual inspection of the laptop area (C1) and the "tablet" area (C2) ... yes, you can pile all kinds of folders and such in compartment 2, but it has a nifty little pocket built in for storing your tablet as well ... and the design of C1 an C2 keeps your laptop and tablet safe from scratching each other. Great design. and if you don't have either a laptop or a tablet, C1 and C2 will work great for large notebooks, files, folios, etc. Tons of room.
3) MAIN - Next in, moving forward from the back, is what I'd call the main compartment ... and it is cavernous. At the bottom, nearest the back, are three dividers for keeping folders or such along the back plane of the compartment but separated from each other. Forward of these dividers (which collapse almost completely upon themselves when not in use) is a larger area for storing thicker things ... stack of books, bulkier items that are several inches deep, combinations of the two. This is the area where I often keep a few poly folders, my lunch container, a hat, gloves, a small thermos ... and more. As always, the central storage section of these packs just keeps taking whatever you have to give it.
3.1) MAIN FRONT TOP - Built into the main compartment is a sub-zipper compartment in the outer flap that's great for things like loose cables or other small items you want to keep handy and protected. The netting keeps them visible but secure. It's big enough to keep receipts, a check book, even your wallet, if you like. Very handy.
3.2) MP3/PHONE/SMALLS - Onto the top of the back plane of the main compartment is a small pouch for ... well, for whatever you prefer ... MP3 player or phone being likely candidates, as there's a quick access hole just above this pocket that leads out the top of the pack and is marked for headphones ... handy. But, if you don't have an MP3 or phone to store there (which I often don't), I find stacks of post-it notes, flags or other small, delicate things you want to be able to get to quickly while keeping safe (this pocket is nicely padded) work just as well. A note on the access for head/earphones ... coming up from the inner pouch is a small hole for the cable to fit through ... this is shielded by a small hood to help keep water from getting in if you're hiking/walking in weather. Great idea!
4 and 5) TWIN SILOS - Along the size of the pack are two deep, vertical pouches (red topped for easy visibility) that are great for things like narrow water bottles or other small things that you can stack vertically. In one, I keep a SwissTool in the bottom, a pencil sharpener atop that, and a tin of breath mints atop that. In the other, I keep a full sized tube of toothpaste and a full sized tooth brush, and a few other personal items. But water bottles would fit just as well, provided they're not too large a diameter.
6 and 7) WEB WATER POCKETS - Outside and at the base of the two vertical SILO pouches/pockets are two traditional webbed pockets for water bottles. You know about those. Nothing fancy.
8) TOP FRONT - at the top of the front of the pack is a small, quick access pocket (with the SG logo on it) with a single zipper that's great for whatever things you want to get ready access to most often. I can see possibly keeping a cell in here ... if it wasn't always in my shirt pocket or a wallet ... if it wasn't in my other shirt pocket. Personally, I keep my cell recharge adapter and cable in it. I'm grabbing them all the time and they're super easy to grab for a quick recharge from this pocket.
9) BOTTOM FRONT - as with most S/G packs I've had, there's a nice pocket in the front divided with sub-pockets for things like a day planner, pens, pencils and loose items such as a small hand sanitizer bottle, mini-flashlight, etc. ... whatever you need that's on your quick access list that needs its own little inner pocket to live in ... PLUS ... for keys, an easy on, easy off plastic clip sewn into the back plain of this pocket that's great for securing them.
- Front mounted D-ring: I put my keys there sometimes when they're not at risk and I want quick access to them
- Bright silver zipper pulls - packs I've had in the past had black zipper pulls ... hard to find in low light conditions ... not these ... super easy to find.
- twin loops - they always seem to have these on the front ... I don't use them, someone must. :)
- shades loop - on the port side strap (as worn) is a loop for slipping the stem of your shade through ... would I? No, but I wear prescription shades.
- indestructible handle - this is the most indestructible of all of the grab handles I've had on an SG pack ... they were all beefy as heck, but this one could probably survive a direct hit from a ... well, I'll leave that to your imagination.
- mystery loops - at the top of the shoulder straps, there are two loops, each with a small rubber emblem on them with two arrows pointing in opposing directions ... I have no idea what they're for. I'd love to find out. :)
- side synching straps - not enough stuff in your pack to justify the depth ... use the synching straps to snug it up.
I'll add to this review as I spend more time with it and learn more ... for now ... just lovin' it.
Tuve el mismo modelo en 2020 pero Negro. Desafortunadamente me fue hurtado de mi oficina.
Decidi reponerlo, por eso , luego de revisar otros productos similares , decidi comprar la version Sting Grey Ballistic. Es un morral elegante, sobrio, resistente, la cremallera de los cierres es de buena calidad,
tiene herrajes metalicos de buen acabado y durabilidad.
Los compartimentos interiores son perfectos. Antes Usaba una Laptop de 17.3" la cual se alojaba muy bien en su compartimento mayor. Ahora uso una laptop de 15.6" con funda la cual porto con buen ajuste.
En los morrales es muy importante las costuras en los extremos de las correas o maniguetas, las costuras de este morral se ven muy bien rematadas. Me gusta llevarlo para todos mis trabajos.
Lo pedi para ser despachado a Colombia. Ademas de ser un articulo muy especial, luce bien para ser llevado a todo lugar.
I bought this backpack for the reference I had of the SwissGear 1900 Series.
I had the same model in 2020 but Black. Unfortunately it was stolen from my office.
I decided to replace it, so after reviewing other similar products, I decided to buy the Sting Gray Ballistic version. It is an elegant, sober, resistant backpack, the zipper of the closures is of good quality,
It has metal fittings with a good finish and durability.
The interior compartments are perfect. Before I used a 17.3" laptop which fit nicely in its larger compartment. Now I used a 15.6" laptop with a sleeve which I carry with a good fit.
In the backpacks, the seams at the ends of the straps or handles are very important, the seams of this backpack look very well finished. I like to wear to all my jobs.
I ordered it to be dispatched to Colombia. In addition to being a very special item, it looks good to be taken anywhere.
Top reviews from other countries
Would not recommend buying this if you want to speed through airport security, as the technology still has to be scanned outside of the bag and taken out, so it does not save you any time or speed up the process (even though it is TSA approved).
Very roomy and you can easily fit enough clothing inside for a 4/5 day trip (1 person) with room for documents, laptop, personal washbag, other bits and bobs too. Ideal bag and considering buying more just to have that ease of use.
Here is a video review of the backpack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZngpiXf6rfI
This bag achieves both. Comfortable fit and plenty of space. I would recommend this product.
Update in 2015, not long after getting bag the stitching failed on the right should strap. So inspect well before you keep.