|Screen Size||17 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
SwissGear SA1908 Black TSA Friendly ScanSmart Laptop Computer Backpack - Fits Most 17 Inch Laptops and Tablets
|Price:||$46.63 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- At checkpoint, unfolds to flat position keeping above and below the laptop sections clear
- Adjustable padded laptop straps inside to fit different size laptops
- Open Viewing Comparent: Unique quick recognition window design accommodates most 17" laptops
- Airflow Back System: Multi-panel airflow design provides extra padding for comfort and maximum back support
- Organizer Pocket: Interior organizer provides divider pockets for pens, pencils, cell phone and CD's
- Open Viewing Compartment: Unique quick recognition window design accommodates most 17" laptops
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: SwissGear SA1908 Black TSA Friendly ScanSmart Laptop Computer Backpack - Fits Most 17 Inch Laptops and Tablets
KAKA Backpack for 17-Inch Laptops - Black B01BY06BN4
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||9 inches x 18 inches x 13 inches||19 inches x 15 inches x 7 inches||8.5 inches x 18 inches x 13 inches||22 inches x 12 inches x 7 inches|
|Item Package Weight||2.65 pounds||2.95 pounds||3.3 pounds||2.3 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
From the maker of the geniune Swiss Army Knife comes a durable backpack by SwissGear. This versatile backpack is made for convenience and functionality, and it's loaded with features like a special pouch to secure your MP3 player. The main pocket provides protected packing for multiple binders, gaming peripherals, and other accessories. The design is optimized for your comfort with extra padding where you want it. The multi-panel airflow design provides extra comfort and support for your back while the specially contoured shoulder straps are ergonomically designed with added padding for comfort and control. And the durable, ballistic weave fabric makes this SwissGear backpack long-lasting.
Other advanced features include a removable key fob to help you keep track of your keychain. The interior pocket organizer provides divider pockets for pens, pencils, cellphone, and anything else you need. The external dual pockets are made of elasticized mesh, which expands to secure various size water bottles. There is even an elastic tab on the shoulder strap that keeps sunglasses secure and conveniently accessible.
Scan Smart Feature
The laptop computer compartment is airport friendly allowing you to keep your computer safe when passing through security. At the checkpoint, simply unfold to flat position, keeping above and below the laptop section clear. The unique quick-recognition window design makes going through security less of a hassle. The compartment even has an adjustable padded strap to fit different laptop sizes and quick side entry access.
- Mobile phone pocket to keep you organized
- Computer compartment with unique quick-recognition window that makes going through airport security hassle-free
- Airflow back system to provide extra comfort and back support
- Water bottle pocket that expands to secure various size bottles
- Durable ballistic weave fabric
- Fits most 17-inch laptops
Top Customer Reviews
On the other hand, this SA1908 is the worst I have ever owned and I have returned it. Within hours of transferring my junk to it one of the zippers burst, just as other Amazon reviewers have reported (I now read). On my backpack it was the zipper for the small compartment at the foot of the bag and all I had in there was a couple of USB flash drives and an iPod cable. Hardly over-stressing the zip. The zippers are obviously lower quality than the ones on my previous backpack.
I had to use the backpack for a trip with 6 flights involved since I had no other backpack available. Over the course of that trip I realized:
- The TSA/Equiv do not recognize the backpack as ScanSmart and every time I was told to remove my laptop despite my opening the backpack per SwissGear instructions. (PHX, PHL, LGW (UK), MAN (UK), JFK, ATL).
- There are too few small pockets. Every pocket extends to the bottom of the laptop so you need to rummage wrist-deep or elbow-deep to find anything. I'd prefer many more small pockets to organize things.
- The top handle is set too far back to be able to place the backpack on a rolling 22" cabin-baggage rollaboard case and hold both the backpack handle and the rollaboard handle in one hand. It is possible but very uncomfortable as your hand cannot grip properly.
- The top handle is only made of quilted fabric and does not have any interior steel strengthening as other SwissGear laptops have or had. I doubt this handle would stand the test of time.Read more ›
Once the laptop is inside, the whole bag can open up like a clamshell and there is a "ScanSmart" plastic window that looks into the laptop compartment. This is supposed to be a feature that makes it easy for TSA screeners to screen your laptop at the airport. Since nothing else sits behind the laptop, by opening the bag like a clamshell it leaves the laptop side all alone without your other pockets full of stuff obscuring the x-ray image. However, as far as I knew the TSA requires all laptops to be completely removed anyway so your mileage may vary with this feature.Read more ›
I went through security 2x with it now, and it worked fine both times.
On the Con side, the zippers are bad. First, the zipper handles feel as if they're the wrong size, because they don't go straight. It's as if they're too thick. You have to adjust the handle to be able to use the zipper. That's annoying, but not a show stopper.
The worse part is that the zipper that holds the 2 sides together (the one you open the whole way for security screening) opened on its own twice. I don't mean that the zipper handle unzipped itself, I mean that the closed zipper came apart in the middle, and because it was on my back & loaded with a laptop, the laptop half came crashing down hitting me in the back of the leg.
Also, the zipper for the second smallest pocket doesn't open far enough in my opinion. It's difficult to get the little things (pens, pencils, etc) into the pockets made for those types of things.
Overall, it's pretty good for the price I paid. But if the zipper won't stay closed, I'll be returning it shortly.
It completely fell apart. The straps ripped, the pockets ripped between the outside pickets into the main compartment, it got to the point where I didn't feel comfortable it would hold my laptop anymore.
I contacted Swiss Gear and they informed me that "Your Wenger / Swiss Gear bag was manufactured by Group III International, not TRG Group." They did offer to fix it, and I'm embarrassed to say that I was too lazy to bother sending it back. I just ended up getting one that looked as if it was more sturdy. Still SwissGear! I liked that they would have been willing to try to fix that one. I just never liked that one enough to bother.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Absolutely wonderful. This bag has a lit of pockets, a thing for your keys, the TSA friendly thing, a spot for your laptop with an adjustable strap inside (I have a 15. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by Amazon Customer
It's useful and resistant. It has a lot of pocket make it very confortablePublished 14 hours ago by sandra machado
Good enough for general purpose. I could accomodate my 17.3 inch new HP laptop. not much space available in the centre compartment for other stuff... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amar Patil
Gift for my parents travelling to Europe. My dad needed a backpack where he can store his tablet and my mom's but where it isn't too heavy. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Gabriel
The nack pack is great, its nice and sturdy with plenty of room.The only down is that it doesnt have any specific poclet for a water bottle.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer