|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Made in USA or Imported
- Organizer Pocket; Padded Shoulder Straps,Product Dimensions are 18 x 13 x 8.5 inches.
- Airflow Backing System
- Water Bottle Pocket
- Eyeglass Holder
- Audio and Media Pocket; Equipment Safe
- Organizer Pocket; Padded Shoulder Straps
- Made in China
SwissGear Computer Backpacks & Bags
Check out premium laptop backpacks and bags from SwissGear, which provide portable convenience and added protection for people on the go. Shop now.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.49 shipping
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Elasticized mesh to secure various size bottleComfort fit back system provides comfort and supportErgonomically designed with added padding for comfort and control -Materials: Polyester
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 13 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B002SXMRO4
- Item model number: 19232215
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 1, 2010
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:22 Mins|
Edit: In my video I note that there's a buckling system "if you want to buckle this backpack around your waist" - however that is not the intended purpose of the buckles, nor will they work for buckling this backpack around your waist. To that end - I've never felt the need to buckle this backpack around my waist. It's a shorter backpack, and not like my bigger camera backpack or a hiking backpack, that you may be inclined to buckle around your waist. My apologies for the misinformation in the video.
Update: 7/26/2013 - Since my last update I've changed jobs, but this backpack is still getting just as much, if not more, use. I use it daily to and fro the office and it's holding up absolutely fine. It has shown no significant signs of wear. Still love it!
Update 11/13/2014 - Still putting this backpack to use on the daily. It's still in perfect condition. No loose threads, all materials have held up incredibly well. If and when this one starts to fall apart I'll have no issues buying the same bag, but at this rate it looks like it's going to be years down the road before that happens.
Update 1/19/2015 - This backpack is $40 today. Ordering another one just to have on hand.
Update 10/16/2015 - Coming to the realization that I should not have wasted $40 and bought an extra one of these to have on hand. The one I have isn't showing any signs of deterioration. I'll probably end up giving the extra one I bought to someone as a gift. Still going strong!
1. Tons of space and usable compartments:
- 1 padded laptop compartment
- 1 thin compartment that can be used for papers and folders
- 1 main compartment that contains vertical dividers to keep things organized, a smaller interior mesh pocket, and an ipod/cell phone pouch that leads to a slit in the top of the backpack for a headphone cord
- 1 decent sized pocket on each side (I use 1 for my laptop charger and accessories)
- 2 stretchy water bottle pockets big enough for the big 1 liter bottles (good for umbrella too)
- 1 small pocket on the top front
- 1 pocket on the bottom front that contains a bunch of small organizer pockets found in every backpack that nobody ever uses
2. Comfort: padded, shock absorbing arm pads, padded back, and a comfortable handle on top.
3. Appearance: In my opinion, this is one of the best looking backpacks out there, but I can't argue with taste so if you have one of those ugly backpacks, that's fine with me.
4. Price: Phenomenal deal! ($50 when I purchased it) Would have gladly spent more (don't tell amazon)
Cons: (there really are none... I'm nitpicking here)
1. The opening for the laptop is on the side (not the top) which makes it a little awkward to get in and out. Not a big deal though.
2. I would have liked a little more padding underneath the laptop. The amount of padding is pretty similar to most other laptop cases though. You just need to be careful about setting it down to hard.
3. The size was perfect for my 15.6 widescreen. I haven't tried a 17", but I'm guessing it would be too big (if you could get it to fit inside, it would be VERY tight)
- Strong, sturdy, and comfortable to carry
- SmartScan capabilities
- Huge compartment for books & binders
- Lots of compartments
- Side laptop zipper (for those who want to keep the right strap on while taking out the laptop)
- Could use a bit more padding at the bottom of the laptop, but the sides are padded
The rest of the features of this backpack are great, but this gigantic design flaw means that this one is getting returned as it won't adequately perform the main task I purchased it for.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This SwissGear backpack is perfect for the business traveler. COmpartments for everything and very light. Read morePublished 19 hours ago by Amazon Customer
My new go-to backpack. It's extremely functional. Plenty of storage AND it's durable. Love it.Published 7 days ago by DannyA3579
I've taken this on two trips so far and it's very reliable and durable. I would recommend this backpack.Published 8 days ago by Brian Robinson
love it! use it for work has all the pockets i need and its sturdy. probably the best work bag i ever boughtPublished 10 days ago by ricco
No slide, lays perfectly across the back, and great construction.Published 11 days ago by Amazon Customer