Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on January 24, 2016
The SwissGear 1592 is an excellent backpack. It is extremely durable and can fit about 8–9 inches of binders/textbooks, a large pencil case, and a few other miscellaneous items. My backpack took a lot of abuse between camping trips, school, and my own adventures, but it lasted for about 7 years. I recently purchased the SwissGear 1900 as a replacement, but a shoulder strap broke after only a couple months of use, so I purchased another SwissGear 1592 and I am very happy with it.
The 1592 has shoulder straps that are fused together at the top, which seems to be a significantly stronger design than individually stitching both shoulder straps to the bag. I'm surprised I haven't seen this design implemented on many other backpacks.
The zipper handles (not the zippers themselves) on my first 1592 did break awhile ago, but I replaced them with binder clips and never thought much of it again.
on August 18, 2015
I was looking for a bag that would be more accommodating and convenient than a briefcase/laptop bag during airline travel. This bag is affordable and well designed for laptops and other media, with the convenience of not being a messenger bag flopping all over the airport while I run to catch a connection. That being said, it is also versatile enough to use for non-laptop excursions. The primary reason for this flexibility is the laptop 'piece' is not an altogether separate pouch - but instead a division of the main bag. While it is accessible from a dedicated laptop zipper - the padded divider can be pushed in one direction or another (forward/backward) to make additional space. It is not attached at the bottom of the compartment. As such I've also enjoyed using it as an day pack for family outings - stuffing all kinds of things like an SLR camera, changes of clothes for the kids, snacks, phone, wallet, water bottles, etc. to great effect.
on August 10, 2014
It's perfect for air travel. It's my go-to bag for international and domestic travel. Adequate pocket space. Water bottle fits either in mesh or zipped side compartment. Comfortable on back and waist strap for added support. Fits under seat business class and economy seats, I've used in both. As a female it is worth the sacrifice of the fashionable over the shoulder bag in order to have free hands and a centered spine.
on May 13, 2016
I love this backpack! I use it when traveling as my carry on. It fits under the seat, so it isn't counted as a "chargeable" carry on (some airlines like Allegiant charge $18 for a carry on). It has so many pockets that I have no problem finding "space" to put things. And the interior middle compartment holds my 35mm Sony camera AND my hiking shoes! Then I add my ipad, chargers, glasses, snacks, headphones, and some other things that I can't remember now......but the bottom line is that this backpack works for me. Great shoulder harnesses so it is easy to carry. Love it.
on March 9, 2017
I bought this backpack 3 months ago and I simply loved it. It was very practical and comfortable to commute everyday. However, initially the zip in the laptop part of the bag started to slow down and in a week or two the zipper itself became almost useless and now the bag neither opens nor closes. I wonder if it is possible to change the zipper completely. The bag is too good and expensive to be disposed.
review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2013
I purchased this backpack for a recent trip to Europe. I was looking for a carry on bag that would fit my laptop and literature for work and this is perfect for just that. There are many compartments which I like but with the laptop, a few magazines and files, I couldn't fit many goodies to take on my return trip.....had to cram them in the checked luggage which was over packed! I was able to fit a few medium size bags of chocolates and snacks but otherwise not much room for anything else. The padding for the laptop takes up a lot of space as well as the material that separates the different sections of the backpack. Overall, it is a good backpack but don't expect to fit a lot of stuff in it.
on September 20, 2014
this is the best backpack i have every owned. I have had it for a while now and there are no tears or rips. Its traveled all over the country and it still looks new.
on March 18, 2016
Great backpack that will take a lot of abuse and keeps going strong. I used it couple of times for short vacations and not only I can put all my stuff inside until I can barely zip it, but it felt very comfortable on my back for long periods of time. Definitely worth every penny and turns you into a Swiss Gear fan for life.
on February 28, 2013
The bag is of a very good quality, and well worth the money spent. It looks and feels durable. It's a bit heavy though, even when empty.
on March 25, 2016
I bought this for carry on luggage and to carry my laptop and other work around. Very good bag and well worth the money. When my daughter's backpack broke (high school), she bought the same bag. I've had mine for close to 2 years, she has had hers for about 6 months. Neither show signs of wear.