Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SwissGear Zurich Upright - Metallic Pewter (24")
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on August 23, 2010
I've had my pewter Zurich luggage for several years. It has been across the US by air twice, has had numerous U.S. car and bus trips and recently went to Europe with my teenage son. He took it on buses and trains all over Europe and I fully expected the luggage to be at least damaged - if not destroyed - after he got through with it.

Much to my amazement he returned home with the luggage looking just like it did when he left. All the zippers work, there is no damage to the body of the luggage and no stains. I was stunned.

I am so pleased with this piece of luggage that I have just purchased its matching pilot case for our upcoming trip to Hawaii!
on November 3, 2008
Do NOT buy a SwissGear bag unless you want the fixed handle to fall off the first time you use it, like it did with me, even though it was NOT over packed. AND when you call the manufacturer to tell them it was defective, 'customer service' (what a misnomer) requires YOU to pay to ship it back to them to fix it or replace it. It's an over sized item and will require a huge box - think of the hassle and expense just to return it to them! So if you pay $109.99 for the bag for example and it falls apart the first time you use it, then you earn the privilege to pay another $30 or $40 to ship it back to them and in the end, you still end up with one that will likely fall apart, but now you've paid $150 for it. "SwissGear" that's made in China.
on February 2, 2008
I have traveled weekly with this luggage and have no major complaints. Fabric tends to pick and stain easily, but that is to be expected with any light color being thrown onto conveyor belts. However, the distinctive pewter color makes it very easy to spot at baggage claim. The four 360 degree swivel wheels make movement through airports a breeze. I would recommend this purchase to anyone, looking for quality at a decent price.

Rob
Lakeland, FL
on January 7, 2008
My husband and I bought this luggage with our wedding gift money, and the luggage didn't last even one trip. While it's easy to spot in luggage claim, the entire front zipper of this one was pulled off the bag and hanging outside the bag. Other luggage in the set suffered through major holes, ripped off zipper pulls, and the shiny silver seemed easily stained and snagged AFTER ONE TRIP. My cheap college $20.00 3 pc luggage set that I had for 10 years never suffered this much damage.
on January 19, 2014
Paid top dollar for this piece. One time through the flight company and one zipper was broken and one zipper pull vanished. I contacted company n they told me I needed to prove damage was workmanship, how does one do that? Never heard another word from swissgear victorinox. Still wish they would make my warranty "right". Doubt that will happen. I stopped using and tried Athlon which has been much better quality. Wish they had time to hear what I was trying to tell them about the flaw...
on March 4, 2009
My husband and I purchased two pieces and used it once from Germany to Florida. The luggage itself looks nice and is conventional but one trip and the luggage came off the conveyer belt at the airport looking like it was beat up. The seams ripped on both pieces and the wheel completely broke off of one. The luggage had black marks on it and it just looked stained, worn and used. I would not recommend this piece and definitely not this color.
on September 16, 2007
28" case is fashionable and big enough to pack a weeks worth of clothes and toiletries in. Four wheels to make it easy for you to haul around without breaking a swet. Went to LA and Costa Rica within a two week stretch and was able to locate my bag without a problem. It's Swiss Army, so it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!
on January 23, 2009
The good: This is very good looking luggage. It has lots of pockets and holds more than you'd expect. The 360 degree rolling feature is very nice.

The bad: After one trip out and back, there's a hole in the front pocket and one of the zipper pulls is broken off. The manufacturer says they are not responsible for "improper handling or damage caused by a common carrier" and the carrier, of course, doesn't care about my damaged luggage. So now I'm stuck with a brand new, very expensive piece of broken luggage. The 5-piece set that I got for $50 hasn't suffered this kind of damage after 6 years of use. I thought that more expensive luggage meant it would be more durable but it doesn't. You're just paying for the SwissGear name. Please don't waste your money on this luggage!
on September 21, 2011
I have 2 sizes in Swiss Army & love it! However the last one purchased which is a 26" "spinner" tips over easily when fully packed without a hand on the handle. Annoying. I don't know if the wheel placement on the "spinner" is different but we have owned Victorinox Swiss Army luggage for years (never a spinner) & never encountered this problem. It is made very well & has very useful compartments. Would purchase again, however, if purchasing a "spinner", I would consider a different brand.
on January 3, 2011
Had no problems with the luggage. Quality is expected to be high and it was. The only thing to consider is that some airlines will not accept this size for carry on. Going through bag check really does some damage to the fine pewter finish. Just something to think about.