Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Swissmar KF-66517 Lugano 2-Quart Cast Iron Cheese ..." and save 18% off the $90.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Swissmar KF-66517 Lugano 2-Quart Cast Iron Cheese Fondue Set, 9-Piece, Cherry Red
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 9-piece fondue set from swissmar
- Enameled cast iron fondue pot; rests on rechaud/stand or can be used at stovetop
- Paste burner includes 1 swissmar, 3-ounce fire-gel container
- Set includes 6 fondue forks and 1 recipe; use wooden or non-stick utensils to prepare fondue
- Set measures 15 by 10-3/4 by 9-inch; weighs 12 pounds
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Swissmar...Providing quality products for more than 20 Years
- Delicious bread and cheese, tasty meat and broth, delectable fruit and chocolate...all these choices and more are easy to create and enjoy. With dozens of beautiful, high quality models to choose from, it'll be easy to find a fondue set that suits your cooking needs - and fashion style
Swissmar Lugano 9-PC Fondue Set
A Classic Swiss Tradition
- Fun to serve and enjoyable to eat, fondue is a great way to cook and entertain.
- Traditional style cast iron cheese fondue set includes cast iron pot, black wrought iron rechaud, six cheese fondue forks and fondue burner.
- Can be used on all heat sources - easy to clean.
- Pot is enamelled inside and provides even heat distribution. No pre-seasoning required. Pot capacity 2L/2 Qt.
- Ideal for cooking at high & low temperatures
- Convenient, verstile pot can used on a cooktop.
Wrought Iron Rechaud
Set Of 6 Fondue Forks
Compare with similar items
Swissmar F65200 Fire Gel Cans, 3-Ounce, Set of 3
Swissmar Gruyere 9 Piece Ceramic Fondue Set, Black
Swissmar F66705 Sierra 1.6-Quart Cast Iron Meat Fondue Set, 11-Piece, Cherry Red
Cuisinart FP-115RS 13-Piece Cast Iron Fondue Set, Red
Swissmar 9 Piece Heidi Cheese Fondue Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 8.25 x 7 in||4 x 11.5 x 11.5 in||11 x 15 x 9 in||8.3 x 7.8 x 8 in||13.25 x 7 x 7.25 in||10.08 x 13.5 x 8.82 in|
|Material Type||Cast Iron||Not Applicable||Ceramic||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Ceramic|
Cheese fondue is a traditional Swiss dish, fun to serve and enjoyable to eat. This traditional style cast iron cheese fondue set includes a red cast iron fondue pot, a black wrought iron warming stand, six cheese fondue forks and a dual function burner. The pot is enamelled inside and provides even heat distribution. It can be used on all heat sources and is easy to clean. 8.25 inches w. x 7 inches h. Capacity - 2 Qts.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This set is worth every penny!
Unlike some reviewers, I found it was pretty stable. The pot can slide around, but the lip on the stand (that others have mentioned) keeps it from easily sliding off. It easily accommodates six people at the right table. I don't have that table, so I either limit it to four people for a meal or set it out as part of a buffet or appetizer served with drinks.
The pot itself is terrific. I'm looking forward to many more fondue parties with this product. Don't hesitate to purchase it.
What I liked:
- the mass of the cast iron pot helps avoid cooldowns and scorching
- the ceramic coating means the pot won't rust and doesn't need to be seasoned
- under-pot burner works well enough for cheese fondue, haven't tried anything else, yet.
- tremendous convenience with using the same pot to cook up the fondue on a cooktop and serve the fondue on the dining table
- pot is large enough to serve 6 or more people, easily
- the included fondue forks work well
What I did not like:
- A cheese fondue *can* scorch this pot with gel in the under-pot burner.
- A larger diameter under-pot burner might spread the heat more evenly and avoid scorching.
- The ceramic coating is not non-stick. A scorch will require soaking and/or soft scrub cleaner.
In my first go with this pot, the Swissmar fuel gel was not available. What I used instead was a Stern-O. I scooped the pink Stern-O fuel gel out of the Stern-O can and into the under-pot burner. This solution worked well -- the Stern-O fuel gel burned hot enough to keep the fondue hot enough to eat properly. The Stern-O fuel gel 'tins' are readily available at the local Safeway supermarket (barbecue supplies aisle) and the local Walmart (camping equipment section) in packs of 2 or 3 tins.
To my mind, this fondue pot represents excellent value for money. Cooking and serving fondues in a (considerably less expensive) thin-metal fondue pot is much more fussy and annoying than using this pot. I have used both types of fondue pot.
Fondues are fun and a pleasant way to dine with a friend or friends.
Warming base could be a little bit more secure. But pot is heavy enough to maintain its stability,The pot will slide side to side.This is not a big issue for us. But one should use caution.when using this pot on a warming plate like this.
Most recent customer reviews
We use it every couple of week a pain to clean it. Just soak it in soapy water overnight. Then use a plastic spatula to clean the stickie cheese