Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Swissmar KF-66517 Lugano 2-Quart Cast Iron Cheese ..." and save 38% off the $90.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Swissmar KF-66517 Lugano 2-Quart Cast Iron Cheese Fondue Set, 9-Piece, Cherry Red
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 9-piece fondue set from swissmar
- Enameled cast iron fondue pot; rests on rechaud/stand or can be used at stovetop
- Paste burner includes 1 swissmar, 3-ounce fire-gel container
- Set includes 6 fondue forks and 1 recipe; use wooden or non-stick utensils to prepare fondue
- Set measures 15 by 10-3/4 by 9-inch; weighs 12 pounds
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Swissmar...Providing quality products for more than 20 Years
- Delicious bread and cheese, tasty meat and broth, delectable fruit and chocolate...all these choices and more are easy to create and enjoy. With dozens of beautiful, high quality models to choose from, it'll be easy to find a fondue set that suits your cooking needs - and fashion style
Swissmar Lugano 9-PC Fondue Set
A Classic Swiss Tradition
- Fun to serve and enjoyable to eat, fondue is a great way to cook and entertain.
- Traditional style cast iron cheese fondue set includes cast iron pot, black wrought iron rechaud, six cheese fondue forks and fondue burner.
- Can be used on all heat sources - easy to clean.
- Pot is enamelled inside and provides even heat distribution. No pre-seasoning required. Pot capacity 2L/2 Qt.
- Ideal for cooking at high & low temperatures
- Convenient, verstile pot can used on a cooktop.
Wrought Iron Rechaud
Set Of 6 Fondue Forks
Cheese fondue is a traditional Swiss dish, fun to serve and enjoyable to eat. This traditional style cast iron cheese fondue set includes a red cast iron fondue pot, a black wrought iron warming stand, six cheese fondue forks and a dual function burner. The pot is enamelled inside and provides even heat distribution. It can be used on all heat sources and is easy to clean. 8.25 inches w. x 7 inches h. Capacity - 2 Qts.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Note that you can get this set with a red pot, blue, or the traditional black. The ceramic inner coating for all of them is a standard off-white.
The rechaud is a one-piece setup, plate, legs, and heating deck. The constituent pieces do not come apart. Be sure to check the bottom of your rechaud for burrs or rough spots. Mine had a pronounced metal burr on the bottom, detected only after it had left a 7” scratch on the kitchen table. Ouch. This quality control failure is the only reason I’m giving this product four stars instead of five.
The burner setup is easy and simple, and the adjustable burner cover affixes nicely and tightly to the bottom cup. The sliding ring on the burner cover moves easily, making it easy to adjust the flame. And the cover puts the flame out very quickly.
The pot is a nice and heavy cast iron, and the handle becomes warm but remains cool enough to handle during and after use. The pot heats quickly and evenly, and in my uses has not burned the pot contents. The ceramic coating in the pot allows it to be cleaned very easily. This was always the worst part of making fondue, the unholy cleanup. Not so with this set, as it cleans very easily and completely, with no scraping of burned-on gunk and minimal scrubbing.
Documentation: You get a nicely done user’s manual, in English, French, and Spanish. It only provides two pages of information, though. The manual comes with clear annotated photos and instructions. It provides ample contact info, with US, Swiss, and Canadian addresses, as well as a URL and an email address. There is an additional care/use/washing card, and on the reverse is a single recipe for traditional, Swiss-style cheese fondue.
Price: At approximately $100, this is not a cheap set. There are numerous sets cheaper than this. But the reason I purchased this set is that it is almost identical to the set I remember on the table in the restaurant in Gruyere, Switzerland when I had Swiss cheese fondue for the first time, a good 40 years ago. This is the real deal, authentic, right down to the traditional wrought-iron stylings of the rechaud. This set will last a long time. I believe this is a fair price for this set.
Bottom line: If you want fondue from a traditional set, this is the one. It’s big, sturdy, and will last forever.
The color is gorgeous and its just a very high quality set.
One minor complaint is one of the wooden forks was broken but I didn't bother to send it back due to that.
The pot itself is terrific. I'm looking forward to many more fondue parties with this product. Don't hesitate to purchase it.
What I liked:
- the mass of the cast iron pot helps avoid cooldowns and scorching
- the ceramic coating means the pot won't rust and doesn't need to be seasoned
- under-pot burner works well enough for cheese fondue, haven't tried anything else, yet.
- tremendous convenience with using the same pot to cook up the fondue on a cooktop and serve the fondue on the dining table
- pot is large enough to serve 6 or more people, easily
- the included fondue forks work well
What I did not like:
- A cheese fondue *can* scorch this pot with gel in the under-pot burner.
- A larger diameter under-pot burner might spread the heat more evenly and avoid scorching.
- The ceramic coating is not non-stick. A scorch will require soaking and/or soft scrub cleaner.
In my first go with this pot, the Swissmar fuel gel was not available. What I used instead was a Stern-O. I scooped the pink Stern-O fuel gel out of the Stern-O can and into the under-pot burner. This solution worked well -- the Stern-O fuel gel burned hot enough to keep the fondue hot enough to eat properly. The Stern-O fuel gel 'tins' are readily available at the local Safeway supermarket (barbecue supplies aisle) and the local Walmart (camping equipment section) in packs of 2 or 3 tins.
To my mind, this fondue pot represents excellent value for money. Cooking and serving fondues in a (considerably less expensive) thin-metal fondue pot is much more fussy and annoying than using this pot. I have used both types of fondue pot.