Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Swissmar Swiss Trio Peeler Set, Brown, Green and Yellow
Color: Brown, Green and Yellow|Change

on November 19, 2014
I love these peelers, they are truly amazing and make certain tasks so much easier. I never knew that peeling vegetables didn't have to be difficult!
I have now bought 3 different sets of these peelers, one for me and two as gifts. The thing I don't like is that not all the sets come with guards/covers!
The Brown/Green/Yellow set only comes with one guard/cover.
The Green/White/Blue set came with 3 guards/cover, one for each peeler.
The Red/White/Blue set didn't come with ANY guards/covers! (despite the picture showing some sort of cover)
These peelers are so sharp that they should all be required to come with guards. Be very careful using these. Don't get too carried away with how easy they are to use :)
on February 5, 2017
I ordered the green/white/blue set. So far so good. The blades are sharp, and the peelers are efficient. Unlike some of the other color sets, this set does have blade guards for each peeler (as shown in the picture). I knocked down a star because the handle is sturdy but light. I would have preferred something a little heavier.
on August 12, 2009
After searching reviews for peelers, including the one advertised on TV which has shipping costs that are more than the peelers, I settled on this one. Why? Good reviews and it's carried by some of the better stores. After resding the only other review on Amazon for this peeler Idecided I would try it. It works just as well as the Amazon reviewer said, too. The handles may not look as professional as some, but they are very comfortable in the hand. The blades are very sharp and take thin slices. This is the best set of peeler I have owned. I'd reccommend this to anyone.
on May 31, 2017
Wonderful...well-made, fabulously sharp -- excellent design!
on September 8, 2011
I also bought the turquoise one of these separately as well and I use them all. Good thing I ordered all four. I wind up using the straight scalpel blades all the time because I just like a straight peel, not a scrapey peel. I like to use them to take the ribs off of celery. The ones with "teeth" that grab more are better for taking the celery ribs off than the straight ones. I don't notice much difference between the wider and narrower blade. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use them. I think I have more control over long veggies like cukes and carrots with this style versus more traditionally shaped peelers. I also feel safer from cutting myself with this style than traditional peelers. They're cool too cuz you can lay the veggie on the counter, hold one end and scrape toward you if you want for added stability. I'm hooked now, so my old peelers--even the Good Grips ones--end up at the bottom of the drawer, relatively unused. They're now my emergency peelers.
on December 9, 2014
I was looking for a peeler to cut the skin from butternut squash, which can be a little difficult and awkward to do. This peeler did the trick! I am no longer hesitant to buy the squash because it's now so easy to peel it!
on October 22, 2017
came when promised but missing covers
on September 18, 2011
I was a little skeptical when I received them because they looked like flimsy plastic. Compared to the other peelers I've had in the past, they don't feel as substantial. However, when I went to use them, they were sharp and peeled the veggies perfectly! I really wanted a serrated one to make veggie "pasta" and since my only peeler is dull and hard to use, I figured getting this set wouldn't break the bank. The regular peeler works great, they are pretty thin, not paper thin though, shavings (still think the ceramic peeler was the best in terms of creating paper thin savings but that peeler breaks after some time). The serrated peeler peeled the zucchinis and carrots with no problems. I had perfectly shaped "pasta" and my kid ate everything up and it comes with a cover. Win win for everyone :). I hope these peelers last me for many happy cooking years :). I look forward to peeling veggies again!
on October 7, 2010
This Swissmar peeler set is awesome - sharp and exacting, easy to use, with professional results. The soft skin peeler worked great on fresh tomatoes, plums, and soft nectarines! The julienne peeler has revolutionized the way I prepare and present food - you can julienne just about anything for artistic presentation. I julienned a zucchini into strings and lightly floured them and baked them as a pasta alternative to use a garden full of tomatoes - brilliant! The potato peeler worked well on my ill-placed fingertip.

The peeler set does need to be thoroughly washed and dried by hand immediately after use, and seems a bit fragile, but at this price, I would buy again and again as necessary.

Happy peeling!
on August 10, 2017
These are easy to clean and easy to use, meeting my kitchen tool requirements. I thought they would be flimsy and only last a short period of time for their price, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I would definitely buy these again, and have already recommend them to a family member

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.