|Screen Size||9.7 inches|
SwitchEasy SW-CANP3-BK Canvas Folio for The New iPad 2 3 Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Unique ultra protective hybrid polycarbonate / canvas design.
- Supports auto On/Off feature on iPad 3.
- Single flip photo taking.
- Makes a versatile stand with 3 viewing angles.
- Made from durable scratch resistant matte coated canvas material & Super rich padded microfiber lining.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
1. Polycarbonate. The cases with extreme protection like gumdrop or otterbox lack a solid adjustable stand and magnetic closures, which we now use ALOT and find very important. So, we are going with the Canvas even though my kids may drop the iPad. I guess if you dumb enough to bring this to the gumdrop paintball field (see their website), you might need this, but that is ridiculous. We are risking it and going with a case that helps us use our device better in the house. We put the ipad up as a TV on outdoor tables, etc. We need the stand. Magnetic auto shutoff helps every time we used it.
2. Leather. If you want an office look, I suppose the Targus or a leather knock-off would work, but don't expect it to protect your $500 device very well. I think the Canvas with its magnets and better protection give it a leg up on the Targus Versavu even though the Canvas lacks the cool rotating feature.
3. Super Plastic. Pixelwrap for iphone/itouch is the very best for durability, usability, and protection. I had high hopes for the Speck Pixelwrap HD for ipad 3 which fits the ipad 2 according to Speck and has magnetic closures. However, I don't think pixelwrap for ipad3 is better than Canvas or even speck's other cases. The fit is tight- which is good even though very hard to put on. The problem it that the folding cover stand does not stay in place and instead springs open with force.Read more ›
The things I really like about it.
1) magnetic cover that puts the ipad to sleep when shut. There's a nice little plastic strip that sticks out and is useful for opening the cover (there's a many of these design additions that make it seem like someone cared about making a good cover).
2) I got the green: nice color with artful variations in the pattern and color in different spots.
3) you can partially detach the ipad from the bottom cover flap (attached firmly with velcro) and with some unfolding it forms a nice little stand that puts your ipad at about 20° angle. Useful for reading
4) everything is one piece so there's no pieces to lose
5) My order came with complimentary transparent screen cover (these things are also frakkin expensive 20-30$ bucks for some. Are you kidding me?)
Could be better
1) The ipad can be set to stand up at a steeper angle but it tends to collapse down to the 20° angle. The way the ipad is supposed to stand up is due to friction. The edge of the ipad sits on the inside of the outer cover, which has some texture to help hold the ipad up but it's insufficient. It'd be better if there were some plastic ledges to make a more secure hold.
There isn't anything that I think is bad about the cover. I don't smell anything bad that some other reviews have mentioned.
Having children, I did not feel confident the Smart Suit 3 would protect the iPad from drops and general use (no screen protector). The form factor was sleek, and not bulky, so if you want a case that you can slide into a laptop bag or carry-on, it may interest you. I needed something a bit more hefty, but not as bulky as the more rugged/military-grade cases like the Griffin Survivor.
So, despite some negative reviews about chemical smell, I went with the SwitchEasy Canvas, which is the only A-rated iPad case from iLounge: [...]
Here's why this case stands above the rest:
- No chemical smell
- Sturdy front cover with magnetic locking (like the Apple smart-cover)
- Clear screen protector (and plastic inserts for headphone and charging ports)
- Just the right amount of bulk to give you a sense that it will survive a fall or two, but not overly bulky
- Great price for all that's included (read the iLounge review linked above)
- Solid build quality with good feel/texture
- Sturdy in stand mode (works great in your lap, unlike the Joy Factory Smart Suit, which was too wobbly in upright stand [picture frame] position).
I got the Charcoal cover, which looks great. It's not a dark charcoal, and looks really sharp on the black iPad. Very happy with this purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The thing is beautiful, but it would be better if it came off in an easier manner. And the fabric that allows the stand feature loses its grip very quickly. Too bad.Published 4 months ago by Alex D. N. Silva
Repeat customer, great service. Originally received a damaged case. SwitchEasy sent me a new one immediately.Published 9 months ago by D. Ross
At first, I was taken aback by the color, initially I thought "mustard yellow!". Now, I would describe the color "Buckskin Brown!". Read morePublished 17 months ago by LCM
Very sturdy cover. But not as versatile as I anticipated. Velcro is so strong that the tilted version is cumbersome. But it does hold its position once adjusted. Read morePublished 21 months ago by ewynkoop
Has stood up to seven months of daily use with little if any signs of wear. It holds the iPad solidly. These are the two stars I gave it. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Jeffrey Johnson
I will update this in a few weeks, but my first impression is that this is the perfect hybrid between the $5-7 cases and the $40-50 cases. Read morePublished on May 29, 2014 by Robert Marriott
Only have had a week but love this case. I wanted one that protected the ipads edges, and this does it well. Read morePublished on May 25, 2014 by ahorstman
This case was available for a really good price for my new iPad 4. It fits like a glove and has the magnetized cover to shut off and start up the iPad without using the power... Read morePublished on February 13, 2014 by Bricker