- Get up to date with the latest changes to Angular 2, including the improvements to directives, change detection, dependency injection, router, and more
- Understand Angular 2's new component-based architecture
- Start using TypeScript to supercharge your Angular 2 applications
Angular 2 changes that.
It is the modern framework you need to build performant and robust web applications. “Switching to Angular 2” is the quickest way to get to grips with Angular 2 and will help you transition in to the brave new world of Angular 2.
We'll start with an overview which sets the changes of the framework in context with version 1.x. After that, you will be taken on a TypeScript crash-course so we can take advantage of Angular 2 in its native, statically-typed environment. We'll look at the new change-detection method in detail, how Directives and Components change how you create websites with Angular, the new Angular 2 router, and much more.
By the end of the book, you'll be ready to start building quick and efficient Angular 2 applications that take advantage of all the new features on offer.
What you will learn
- Understand the changes made from Angular 1.x with side-by-side code samples to help demystify the Angular 2 learning curve
- Start working with Angular 2's new method of implementing directives
- Use TypeScript to write modern, powerful Angular 2 applications
- Dig in to the change-detection method, and other architectural changes to make sure you know what's going on under the hood of Angular 2.
- Get to work with the new router in Angular 2
- Use the new features of Angular 2 including pipes, or the updated features such as forms, services, and the DI module
- Master server-side rendering in Angular 2 to keep your new applications SEO friendly
About the Author
Minko loves to experiment with theoretical concepts from computer science and apply them in practice. He has spoken about Angular and software development at worldwide conferences and meetups, including ng-vegas, AngularConnect, ITWeekend Kiev, AngularJS-SF, and Angular Berlin.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Angular 2
- The Building Blocks of an Angular 2 Application
- TypeScript Crash Course
- Getting Started with Angular 2 Components and Directives
- Dependency Injection in Angular 2
- Working with the Angular 2 Router and Forms
- Explaining Pipes and Communicating with RESTful Services
- Development Experience and Server-Side Rendering