From the Back Cover
Get up and running with your Mac in no time!
Switching to a Mac—no Problem! Is an easy-to-use guide that help you get up to speed with your new Mac. Moving from a Windows world to Apple’s Mac OS X need not be a complicated experience. Inside, Dwight Silverman clearly explains how to find your way around your Mac using the Dock and Finder, how to move all your data to your Mac, and how to familiarize yourself with Mac apps including; Mail, iCal, iTunes, and Time Machine.
No Problem! Books use teaching methods that take advantage of your own natural learning approach, and help you remember more. Simply select the features that work for you, or use all of them—No Problem!
- Moving from Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7? No Problem! We designed this book so that you can easily build upon your existing knowledge quickly.
- In a rush? No Problem! For a quick path, you can choose to read only the highlighted text for just what you need to know.
- Prefer to take notes while you learn? Ho Problem! We’ve already sprinkled loads of notes and quick tips throughout the book, and left you plenty of room to take your own.
- Like to learn by doing? No Problem! The Play with it and Experiment features give you the hands-on guidance you need.
- Need a detailed step-by-step guide! No Problem! Combine all the learning paths for a comprehensive Mac workshop.
Learn, play, and experiment—this book will help you realize that Switching to a Mac is—No Problem!
About the Author
Dwight has been a tech junkie since the age of 5, when he became notorious for compulsively pushing any button he could reach. He’s been writing about personal technology since the mid-1980s, and considers himself fluent in both Mac and Windows. Follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/dsilverman, and read his blog at blogs.chron.com/techblog. This is his third book.