- File Size: 3710 KB
- Print Length: 162 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 8, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07375Q8R9
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #182,220 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A Sword of Shadows and Light (Dare Valari Book 2) Kindle Edition
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A Sword of Shadows and Light is a very nice book that you can read in one-two evenings. The light writing style makes reading with a lightweight heart and brain, easy to dive into it and keep interested in everything is going on there. The quick dynamic of the book won't let you fall asleep. So, this is the book to take and read from the first page till the last one.
I like this book even more than the first one because of the following reasons:
1) Dare is the same. Yeah! You may call her silly or brave, pretty or rude, it doesn't matter. She is the same as she were before, and I like it because she stays for me a human with her own drawbacks and merits. Well, most of us like when the main character is better than the average person, but it usually doesn't happen in real life, and I like to read sometimes about more real people, even though they are created in the unreal realm.
2) The plot. Well, it's not something unique, you know, it's pretty hard to make something absolutely unique today. But this story about murders is such a good decision to show how Dare makes one very important choice in her life. Also, I hope it's a start for something more between her and... how about a romantic story? I'm looking forward to it in the third book! So, an unhappy story about murders is short but long enough to show us all important things about Dare and why the hell she's so lucky to survive the Blights for so long.
3) We - I - have got some answers to the questions from the previous book. And, of course, have received even more questions!
4) Regardless all the events stay in the Blights still other parts of the world exist and I keep hoping someday we see them with Dare. (flying horses, seriously, it's my dream from childhood!)
5) It made my mood better. I was laughing, trembling, angry, waiting, and laughing again. When I finished I realized I was smiling.
If you like the first book in the series you will definitely like this too.
There are several murders in the Blights and finding the murderer is not going to be easy. Blaze has told Dare to stay away from the murders as he is dealing with it. He reminds her she has her job looking out for his younger sister Penny and that she has her other job also so to leave well alone.
Book one explains how Dare ended up in the blights and book two shows she has settled into a life of sorts and it suits her needs although she could do with making more coin. She takes her jobs seriously and aims to give 100% to anything she does. I like Dare's character because she will do whatever needs to be done without complaining. She holds her own well and is good at saying what is on her mind if it is of relevance but is capable of holding her tongue when she has to. She certainly knows how to find trouble, The more I read about Dare's adventures the more I want to read. She is strong of character but can be stubborn too and she often acts before thinking. She is also soft at heart and tends to give promises easily in certain circumstancesust love her lol.
Devyn tells an excellent story continually keeping your mind rooted to the pages until you have finished.
I received an Arc copy of the book & I volunteered to leave an honest review of the book because I feel others will enjoy it as much as I did.
I'd recommend for 14+ some description of post traumatic injuries.