Deal of the Week: "Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection" on Blu-ray and DVD
This week only, save on the 31-disc collector's edition containing all eight Harry Potter movies and more than 45 hours of special features. See more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Yes, it's true, Dominic Sena's last directorial effort Gone In Sixty Seconds was a MAJOR dissapointment BUT SWORDFISH ISN'T!!! It's a good movie!
2) Travolta is good
3) Halle Berry is good
4) Don Cheadle is underused and
5)Hugh Jackman is a major star in the making.
6) The now infamous scene of Halle Berry topless was probably unnecessary and perhaps gratuitous (but hey, she's a good looking woman with a good body). Sorry, did I say good? I meant great...but if this is the only reason why you'd watch this movie, then you really do need to get a life.
7)This was one of the better films of the summer.
8)It is neither formulaic nor does it lack ambition. Unlike most movies of this genre it challenges it's audience to excercise the old grey matter and it's got a half-decent twist.
Sure it has some faults, like did they run out of money for FX when they shot the scene of the bus landing on the roof? And the change of pace and edit from past events back to present was badly thought out and jarred a bit. BUT you know what? I liked this movie and the directorial set-piece that everybody wants to spoil for you by describing it to you in every detail is excellent. I only wish the moviemakers had been able to take that extra step and made a great rather than good movie. Buy some popcorn, kick back and enjoy this one on a Saturday night at home in front of the TV...
If you want to experience the blu-ray difference, I strictly recommend the movie. That's how you see the development from DVD to Blu-Ray.
Swordfish has actors, scenes, effects, and situations that are simply "cool"! There are scenes that soley exist to have something blow up. There are scenes that were written just to see Halle Berry topless. There are no awards to give out. No pretentious artsy refrences. Just a kick-butt, popcorn, heart accelerating 'flick'! Take it for that and everyone will have a great time!~
John Travolta is malevolent fun as Gabriel, the self-styled antiterrorist. I always enjoy watching him; he is basically the only reason I'm giving this movie the generous score of 2 stars. Halle Berry as Ginger, is pure eye candy; not even a hint of her acting talent can be seen here. Her infamous nude scene is completely gratuitous and unnecessary. Of course, she does make great eye candy. The very talented Don Cheadle doesn't really get to do much except act frustrated as the police officer who's trying to figure out what's going on. And Hugh Jackman as Stanley, one of the world's greatest hackers, is basically eye candy as well - with a little acting thrown in - a complete waste of his venerable acting talent. And, anyway, since when does a hacker in real life have a gorgeous face, ripped body, porn star ex-wife, and a perfect daughter? Whatever.
I love action movies, I love hacker movies, and I love the entire cast of this movie. So will someone please tell me why I felt so cheated after watching this? I was only mildly entertained. Your best bet is to skip this movie altogether.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good movie. Starts off with a bang and kept my interest all the way through. John Travolta's performance was spot on.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
grate effects, grate script, interesting cast, played very well, Travolta is a delight.Published 4 months ago by Hadar A.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama