Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on October 12, 2017
Bought for my son. He loves these books
on September 21, 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 27, 2017
Enjoyable romp. Relaxing escape from reality.
on October 16, 2013
At first I didn't think I would like this series, but have grown to love it. I have read them all and can't wait to get the next one when it comes out. Some are better than others, but most are very fun and full of adventure. What a woman!
on August 12, 2015
Love this series, read the first two so far....cannot wait! Thx for the rapid shippment too!
on February 4, 2016
A typical rogue angel story
on May 15, 2014
Continue to read and love all the action that takes place, along with a story line that keeps you guessing.
on December 22, 2008
I wasn't aware that another author was writing this series, but it makes sense in this latest installment. The character of Annja doesn't seem to be consistant or herself, her personality changing like moods.
The absence of Garin in the story is like a gaping hole, and suddenly detective Bart whom she had chemistry with in the past "views her as a little sister"? Annja also seems to have picked up some odd new personality quirks and issues. She falls easily into casual relationships with new strange men not when they interest her, but as she feels the need to use one...
The mood of the book left me unsatisfied with the open-ended ending. It seemed too much like a WB t.v show. It left a side problem completely unrelated to Annja looming in the back like something to be pulled back out in the season finale or maybe season two of a show. I prefer the original writing style untampered with.
One change I liked occured when she accomplished keeping up with her athletic partner and congratulated herself while on the run. It made her seem much more human as opposed to nonchalant about everything.
Spoilers below, caution:

The main thing that bothered me occured at the end of the story. Annja develops a starnge sense or morality about cloning and experimenting on babies that with her background, seems to appear out of nowhere, although her orphan past is mentioned again...
In the end there was no closure, the villain running the cloning company dies and his minions fade into the background to continue the work, a strange experimental cloned baby is born, and Annja keeps all of the incriminating evidence to herself instead of reporting it to the authorities. I was disssatisfied enough to give the book 2 stars.
on November 28, 2012
I only recently found these books and up until #15 I was totally enthralled and enjoyed them immensely. In each and every book I seemed to learn something new and found myself looking one thing after another online to learn more. I've read an astounding number of books and prize those that can actually teach me something new. Then I got to this one. Ugh. Although I still managed to find some terminology and historical facts that I was unfamiliar with (and which I love), as some previous reviewers have mentioned, this author did not keep Annja's personality and personal morals consistent with who we think she is up til now. I must say I was very disappointed in the glaring differences in our favorite heroine. I was so NOT liking Annja that I felt like I was SLOGGING through this book, just waiting for the final page so I could finlly stop reading it and get to the the next one. Having Annja find religion at this late date just made me mad, as well as all the "smirking" going on. Ugh. Again.
on March 2, 2009
To all the readers of this series, this one was written by an author new to the series, Michelle Hauf. The original 2 authors, Mel Odom and Victor Milan kept Annja and the other main characters totally 'in character'. Michelle, and the other 'new' author, Jon Merz, haven't bothered, and it hurts the series a lot. If the editors at Harlequin/Gold Eagle actually read these reviews, then PLEASE make your authors read the previous books in this series, and require them to keep Annja's personality traits and skills consistent throughout each book. I did like this book marginally better than 'Soul Stealer', but all the others were significantly better than this one.

The things I love about Annja, her blackbelt and sword skills, her highly ethical behavior, her unwillingness to use her sword unless her life is at risk, her constant concern that she's making the right decision - all of these things were MISSING from this book. As far as I can tell, this story was rushed to print with no interest on the part of the publisher or editor to maintain the quality of the first 10 books.

I intend to check the copyright page of all future Rogue angel books, and only buy those from the original 2 authors.