|Item model number||SY-ENC50119|
|Item Weight||10 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.5 x 10.5 x 6 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12.5 x 10.5 x 6 inches|
|Hard Drive Interface||Serial ATA-600|
|Hard Drive Rotational Speed||6 RPM|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||November 30, 2018|
3 Year Data Recovery Planfrom After Solutions
- Your Rescue Plan documents will be delivered to you via email only to the address associated with your Amazon.com account and can be found in your account message center within the Buyer/Seller Messages.
- If your drive stops working, the Rescue data recovery plan will attempt to recover the data from the failed drive and recovered data will be returned on a media storage device or via secure cloud-based data storage.
- Covers new single-disk external hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction).
- Free shipping for in–lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn’t recovered, you get your money back
Syba 8 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappable 2.5" and 3.5" SATA Non Raid Hard Drive External USB 3.0 Enclosure
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Support all brands of 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch SATA hard Disk Drive up to 8TB per drive. (Does NOT support RAID and NAS function)
- Smart Fan function with built-in thermal sensor support Auto & manual mode with 3 level of fan speed
- Super Speed USB3.0 5Gbps connection transfer your files in a breeze. Supports SATA I/II/iii(6gb/s), UASP and USB 3.0(5Gb/s)
- Independent control switch for each drive allows drives to be powered off individually. Dissipates heat efficiently with Steel housing & quiet fan
- To ensure compatibility with your computer system, The SY-ENC50119 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, Linux, and Google Chrome OS
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Tool Less HDD Tray
The tool-less design provides a simple way of HDD removal and installation – simply pull the handle to insert or withdraw the HDDs.
Support SSD or HDD
Supports 2.5" and 3.5" SATA I/II/III hard disk drive up to 8TB per drive bay.
Eight Individual Drive Bay
8 Removable hard drive bay lets you access eight individual 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch hard drives simultaneously using a single USB 3.0 port.
Compare with similar items
Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay 3.5” SATA HDD Enclosure – USB 3.0 & eSATA Support SATA 3 6.0Gbps HDD transfer speed
Oyen Digital Mobius 5-Bay FireWire 800, eSATA, USB 3.0 RAID Hard Drive Enclosure
Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 ProBox 8 Bay 3.5" Hard Drive External Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA
Mediasonic USB 3.1 4 Bay 3.5” SATA Hard Drive Enclosure – USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps Type C/USB-C (HF7-SU31C)
Corsair Dual SSD Mounting Bracket 3.5" CSSD-BRKT2, Black
|Sold By||Huzzatek||Mediasonic Store||Amazon.com||Mediasonic Store||Mediasonic Store||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||12.50 x 10.50 x 6.00 inches||8.50 x 5.00 x 6.50 inches||10.30 x 7.40 x 5.40 inches||10.00 x 6.50 x 14.00 inches||8.88 x 4.90 x 6.77 inches||5.70 x 3.97 x 0.90 inches|
Syba SY-ENC50119 8 Bay 2.5" And 3.5" USB3.0 SATA external enclosure is a quick and simple way to expand storage capacity. Latest controller and firmware support 8 x 8TB drives. Unique independent switch design allows drives to be powered off individually, prolonging the life of the drives.Sy-enc50119 with USB 3.0 5Gbps super Speed interface helps to transfer your files in a breeze, USB3.0 connection 10x faster to USB2.0 and compatible with USB2.0, 1.1, 1.0. Plug and play, no additional driver or utility needed. Nil Compatible with: To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SY-ENC50119 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP/Server
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tested on Windows 10:
--Works as a JBOD only device as what I wanted (This is not a raid device & its advertised as so). I personally did not need the additional features and price premium raid provides for my specific use-case.
--This is a USB 3.0 only model. Tested HDDs by doing a scan to all the drives at the same time. Realistic speeds seems to top-off at about 240~300MB/s total. This speed gets shared between all the drives. (Could be faster for other people - but this was based on my scenario and computer).
--USB 3.0 doesn't seem to "use power" beyond the PCI-E built in power (This is a good thing). My built in PCI-E USB 3.0 card does not have the additional power plugged into the card. With other devices this causes my drives to drop offline or even cause BSODs. This specific model's built in power supply does the job & properly only uses the USB cable for data only and not for additional power.
--This specific 8-bay model has a power button switch for each HDD bay.
--Power button does in-fact stay pressed in and will turn back on when power is back on (other reviews mention it doesn't).
--WORKS WITH 10TB
--Tested with those shucked White Label 8 & 10TB EasyStore external drives with the known 3.3V Reset Pin or known as the power disable feature. Hard drive shows up without issue (The competitor Mediasonic advertises they DONT support this. I took a gamble and turns out SYBA external enclosure does in fact seem to support it).
--SMART data does get passed onto the OS. (StableBit Scanner can properly scan and read SMART data).
--Works with StableBit Drivepool
--Because its JBOD was able to properly use Windows Bitlocker Encryption without issue
--The trays make it somewhat easy to install the HDDs tool-less. I found the easiest way is to put the HDD first on one side. When putting the other side you can lift the little "side tabs" so it pulls back the clip enough for the drive to fall into place then push the plastic into the screw hole without hassle. Defiantly better then other brands that don't have this movable piece as other brands force you to bend the plastic making it easier to break. This brand you do not need to bend any of the plastic to insert the HDD.
--Expected the fans to be a bit more powerful on high. I know for most people super loud fans are annoying, but I prefer louder fans as opposed to hotter HDD temperatures. Got a HDD running at 114.8F in this thing while the HDD is running @ 100% for several hours. (BUT still an improvement from the 118F+ I would get in a standard External EasyStore enclosure inside a hot server cabinet).
--Unable to test ejecting the drive from within the OS (As my computer says drive is in use)
--The screws included are for the 2.5 to the 3.5 tray mounting. (Found out using SYBA's website).
Second, the hot swap capabilities are poor. I am using a mac, and when you eject a drive on the OS it does it correctly. However, when you pull that drive out, the device disconnects ALL drives giving you the error of improper removal of the other 3 devices plugged in. So, in order to remove a single drive, you need to eject ALL four drives to protect your data. Thats a bummer, but in fairness is something I have seen in most external multidrive enclosures.
Third, the power button is a soft-button, which means that in a power failure the device won't turn back on again. You need to re-start it. Again, I chose this over the more popular brand here because that brand has this dreadful feature as well.
So overall: I paid $30 more because I was expecting more. In return, I got a device that seems to be feature identical to the Mediasonic one -- except that is uglier, but maybe sturdier. Time will tell.
No tools are needed to install 3.5" drives.
1. It did not come with any documentation but the user's manual is available on the Syba web site.
2. If you unplug or hot swap one drive; ALL drives go off line. However, after swapping, there is a 10-15 second delay, then all of the drives will come back on line again.
3. In my opinion, the fan speed and drive disable switches on the rear are useless. Just leave them at factory defaults.
4. Ran across an odd situation where a Seagate 6TB Barracuda drive was not recognized in this enclosure. Then tried it internally in my computer, and it was not recognized there either. However, it was recognized when installed into a Sabrent DS-UBLK docking station and worked ONLY in that docking station and did not work in a Sabrient EC-DFLT docking station! Then tried a WD 6TB drive and it worked everywhere. Very odd.
Lastly i had issues loading it up with failing hard drives. It seems one bad disk can crash the enclosure. Basicly all drives unmount. Seems quite stable with healthy drives though. I'm being very critical here. It works great for me. I highly recommend the product.