Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 205 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 233 reviews
on April 15, 2016
I bought this pack of CFLs Oct 2015. Between Oct 2015 and Apr 2016 I had used 2 of the 6 bulbs. Now I took one out of the pack to use and only the first twist of the bulb lit up. I took another out and same thing. It turns out all the rest of the bulbs are bad, only partially lighting. To make sure it wasn't the lamp, I took a CFL bulb from another lamp and put it in the lamp I'm trying to fix and it worked fine. So I have verified that 4 of the 6 bulbs were bad. I only had them 6 months. I won't be buying Sylvania CFLs again.
on July 15, 2014
These are not as good as other CFL bulbs I have purchase in the past. The base on these if pretty wide, and they are large all around - so beware of your intended use for them, they need a bit of space to be used. Mine did not fit into a number of ceiling lights.
They are also NOT INSTANT ON, not even close. In fact especially right out of the box it take up to 5 minutes for them to reach full brightness, which led to me initially thinking that they were defective. Once they warmed all the way up I would say it is comparable to a 100w incandescent, however with a higher (blue-er)color temperature - which personally I prefer for many applications. They do all seem to differ in their brightness too, again once fully warmed up. After they are fully bright, they can be turned off and will offer instant on full brightness within a certain amount of time. But if they've been sitting prepare to start at about half brightness and watch them buzz their way up to full power in a minute or so.
I have always had a lot of good experiences with Sylvania, but these are just not a good product - perhaps CFL technology in these larger sizes just isn't there yet. I know I bought 60w equivalents in a "small base" variety once that where fantastic. I just need to see if I can find that product again.
on December 21, 2012
I gave 3 stars: The product deserves 5 stars but the packaging and handling deserves one star or less, so I left it in the middle. The bulbs are a nice value compared to local store prices. The quality of the light is very good, a clear bright light rather than greenish as with some fluorescent bulbs. No problems fitting them into my standard light fixtures.

As others have said, one should consider the pros and cons with this item. I knew from reviews that getting them all in one piece was not likely, and indeed that was true. I found the manufacturer's card (same as pictured in the ad) crammed face down with no padding underneath or on top, wedged into a box that was slightly smaller than the 4-way horizontal measurements of the lighting package. When I opened the box, it had obviously been slammed down with enough force to pop open all the individual bulb sections, and one bulb was in smithereens all over the interior of the box, the fragments having all flown outside the original package. I tested the other 5 bulbs to luckily find them working, but I think this was a small miracle, considering the condition of the destroyed bulb and the destroyed mfr. packaging. Again, there was no padding whatsoever around the lighting package, and the box had obviously been slammed around and was not even marked fragile, so I was luckier than some of the other reviewers.

I am not returning because 5 bulbs is still a savings over street price. I would order again due to the great price and the good product, but only if I have enough free time to deal with potential returns/re-orders.
on May 12, 2014
Normally with other 23 watt CFLs I have used, there is always a little warm up time before they achieve full brightness. These bulbs have a very short warm up of around a minute before they produce brilliant warm soft light.

All six bulbs came to me undamaged and like I always do, I pulled out my sharpie marker to put the date on each one before I installed them. I hit the switch and waited...and soon my room was bright! Like...really bright! Like 1600 lumens per bulb times six bright once they hit their warm up time! Just remember as with all CFLs, do not use them in areas that get switched on and off a lot, keep these burning for 15 minutes or more every time and they will last a long long time.

I had previously been using some free 23 watt bulbs from my power company which took forever to warm up and they produced a sickly yellow cast light that made me really bored and put me into full squint mode due to the dimness. This was the complete opposite! If you have dim bulbs or want to switch to brighter bulbs, try these CFLs!
on May 5, 2017
decent, bright light bulbs. They do the trick for desk lamps and ceiling lights. Might need something brighter for floor lamps.
on September 23, 2015
These are decent for what they are. One note - I bought these without properly reading the description. They came up in both searches for 3500k cfl and were the top result for 3000k cfl. These are neither, they are the 2700k soft white (yellowish) . Its not the fault of the seller but of amazon's search engine - pay attention to what you buy. I did not have these installed long enough to give any kind of review on durability - they are a nice quality light if you are looking for standard red spectrum/2700k lighting. Too yellow for my tastes.
on February 7, 2014
These light bulbs were okay, they did take some time to get bright, but once they were fully on, they were really bright. I however went to an actual store (Meijer) after purchasing theses and found a pack of 4 "23-watt CFLs" being sold for only $2. That is a much better deal than paying $13 for 6. The reason I got these from Amazon was I thought stores wouldn't have theses in stock, and I also from past experience thought everything is either the same price or cheaper on Amazon than in an actual store. However I guess that is not always the case. The utility company had rebates for the bulbs in the store, and the ones in the store were instant on, meaning you wouldn't have to wait for the bulb to get bright enough. Check your own local stores, it may be the same case for you.
on October 15, 2013
I haven't tried these Sylvania brand bulbs before, but I thought I'd give them a try for their brighter (100W) illumination and for the short style to fit in tight areas around an apartment complex. I've only installed one so far and it appears fine, starting up and maintaining a constant glow. If it (they) last for at least 2 years with continual use, I will be very happy with these bulbs.

So far, I am happy with the size and brightness of these bulbs and I hope to get many years of use from them...I'll let you know.

UPDATE (3/1/15):
These bulbs have been fine although, upon my second purchase now, I found one bulb broken at the base. So, in this instance, the bulbs do not meet their criteria to save money with this loss. Maybe best to by direct for easier customer service return.
on January 26, 2015
Compact light bulb design allows these bulbs to fit perfectly into every fixture where a incandescent bulb fits. Price is competitive with the in store prices and you can't beat the convenience of ordering online. The bulbs are instant on and I use them in both indoor and outdoor (enclosed) fixtures. In the warm climate (only down to about 40 degrees at night) they function normally. Plenty of light emitted. In fact, one three bulb lamp that previously had incandescent bulbs now needs only one or two bulbs lit to emit the same light.
on November 16, 2013
This is NOT a "Mini" CFL light bulb !! I have 3 different sizes of the squiggly CFL bulbs, and the Sylvania 29490 "Mini" is the LARGEST of the lot !!
The bulbs work fine after they warm up for a minute or two -- and they put out a fair amount of light when compared to the 13-Watt CFLs. The light value is "Soft White" -- 2700K -- 1600 Lumens.
I bought this 6-pack because of the "Mini" designation -- and knocked off a star because these bulbs are LARGER than the "Standard"-size.