- Brand Name: Curtis
- Model Number: SMP2012
- Digital Storage Capacity: 2 GB
- Color: Silver
Sylvania 2 GB Clip MP3 Player (Silver)
- 2 GB of internal memory will hold approximately 500 songs
- Small size and belt clip make this MP3 player ideal for use during sports, running and other activities
- Internal rechargeable battery lasts approximately 4 hours
- USB 2.0 connection for faster downloads and charging from your computer
- Includes earphones, USB charging cable, users manual
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Things you'll want to know:
1. This mp3 player does not have a shuffle feature.
2. According to the owner's manual, the on/off switch should be set to "on" when you're recharging the player via the usb port, although I have found that it will charge regardless of whether the switch is on or off. Supposedly, the red light will stay on until it's finished charging, and then it should go off, although mine has never gone off no matter how long I've left it charging. It seems to charge okay, though.
3. To resume playing from where you left off when you shut it off, press and hold the play/pause button until the unit shuts off. The next time you turn it on, it will automatically resume playing from where you left off. If you just turn the on/off switch to "off" without pressing the play/pause button first, the unit will start over from the beginning when you turn it back on.
4. This thing has great sound, although you'll probably want to replace the earbuds with some higher quality ones.
I've had two Sansa Fuzes and one Sansa Express during the last couple of years, and all three of them went haywire/dead after about a year. This $6 player is still going strong and has better sound than the Sansas. The only negatives I can think of for this player are the lack of a shuffle feature and the lack of a screen to see what you're playing. But what the heck, it would be a heck of a value even at $20 or $25.
The battery life stinks. In a world where iPod Shuffle has a 15 hour battery and the Nano has a 24 hour battery, this unit's 4 hour battery is laughable. But at 1/4 the price of the shuffle and 1/10 the price of the Nano, I can live with having to charge this unit after each class.
Of the 30 we purchased, 3 were defective out of the box. 1 in 10... 10%. Not a great Quality Assurance test score there Sylvania. That being said, Amazon's replacement process is quick and painless and they even cover shipping. 2 of the defective units wouldn't power off of the battery and had to be plugged in to work, despite the battery having a full charge. The other defective unit wouldn't come on unless you squeezed the sides first (I'm guessing a loose internal connection). Hopefully the replacement units are a better ratio or 1 of those 3 could be bad as well. ;-)
The unit definitely has it's quirks and it appears it went through multiple hardware revisions. About half of the units I bought came in packaging with rounded top plastic cases and the other half were smaller rectangular cases.Read more ›
The controls are straight forward.
I was disappointed that it has no random setting.
The instructions were VERY minimal.
Overall = good value for $12.
I am not a "high-tech" person, so the ease of operation is much appreciated. There is no software to download. My computer recognized it as an external removeable device and transferring files was simple.
The earbuds that come with it are inexpensive but the sound quality from them is better than an inexpensive set I had purchased from a local store. They may be a bit uncomfortable for individuals with small ear openings, as do I, but they are not intolerable.
This player is going with me everywhere and stores in a side pocket in my purse with room to spare.
My husband borrowed it when he went for a run and he was impressed with the sound quality for such an inexpensive unit. He now wants one, so I ordered one for him.
With the earbuds in place and the player clipped to your pocket, you can be assured it's not going to fall off as you exercise. The clip is very secure.
I have purchased an audio auxillary plug, so I can plug this into my car stereo and play all my favorite songs without having to lug my CD case with me. Of-course this is much more portable and I won't have to change discs frequently to hear my favorites. They are all loaded on this little unit and I can plug and play. This is going to work well for my husband, who is an avid fisherman, and on the lake a lot.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic little unit. I had bought this for using on long runs because it was small and cheap. Five years later it's still working. Just ordered another to have as a backup.Published 3 months ago by EZ
great little mp3 player and for the price, I don't worry about losing/breaking it!Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought the silver one months ago. It is very easy to use and dependable. To load songs onto it you just connect the USB connection to a computer (I have Win7), and then drag... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Van Gun
It never worked!!! My computer does not recognize it (and any other computer) and I never heard any song coming from this mp3 player.Published 7 months ago by danielle martin
Great product. It works very well. I use it when I work out at the gym.Published 13 months ago by Ismael Arvizu