|Item Weight||1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8 x 1 x 6 inches|
|Item model number||HRK.BX|
|Manufacturer Part Number||HRK.BX|
|Special Features||Wattage, Voltage, Base|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.10 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit
|Price:||$17.44 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$7.55 (30%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fully removes haze and corrosion from headlight lenses
- Lifetime warranty--performance is guaranteed for as long as you own your car
- 3 easy steps that provide long lasting UV protection
- Light output and beam pattern restored
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$13.99||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Baxter Auto Parts||Amazon.com|
|Size||—||1 Pack||Single Unit||NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit, Single Unit||Kit||4 fl. oz, 1 Pack|
The SYLVANIA headlight restoration kit uses exclusive technology to restore hazy and sun damaged headlight lenses. This easy-to-use kit provides clarity and durable, long lasting protection in less than 30 minutes. Your headlight lens is an engineered system and needs to be properly restored for best performance.
From the manufacturer
SYLVANIA offers a wide range of automotive lighting products with style, performance and the safety of you and your family in mind.
SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit
The SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit will restore your lenses to a like-new appearance at a fraction of the cost of replacing all new lenses on your vehicle.
Restore original clarity and vision to sun damaged plastic headlight lenses in three easy steps. Remove haze and lessen road glare allowing you to improve your downroad vision. The SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit also includes a proprietary UVB Clear Coat application designed to preserve your lens clarity for long-lasting results - unlike any other product on the market.
- 1 OZ. Surface Activator
- 1/2 OZ. Clarifying Compound
- 1 OZ. UV Block Clear Coat
- Waterproof Premium Sandpaper (400, 1000 & 2000 grit)
- 2 Applicator cloths
- 1 blue lint-free UV Clear Coat applicator cloth
- Vinyl Glove
Restore Your Headlights in Three Easy Steps!
Step 1 - Apply Surface Activator
Wash the headlight lenses and then spray Surface Activator--a proprietary surface corrosion softener only from Sylvania, generously onto each headlight lens until they are completely covered. Let this liquid sit on each lens for about 30 seconds. Immediately, you’ll see the yellow gunk start to break down. Wash completely with water to remove loosened corrosion.
Step 2 - Sand And Polish
Use the wet sanding technique described in your instruction sheet, using the 400, 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper included in the box. This will remove corrosion. Apply the clarifying compound using even circular motions. Rinse and dry. Reapply the Surface Activator for 30 seconds and rinse with water. You’ll be amazed at how clear the lenses will already be.
Step 3 - UVB Clear Coat Application
Insure all moisture is removed from on and around the headlight lens. You’ll then apply the UV Block Clear Coat. It’s simple. Just apply as instructed in smooth, even applications. This UV Block Clear coat is a specially formulated polymer coating with active and passive UV blockers. This is the component that gives you long-lasting results.
Before and After Results
The left side of the headlight lens is hazy and sun damaged, inhibiting your headlight from functioning properly. The right side of the headlight lens has been treated with the SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit. The headlight lens is restored close to its original condition allowing your headlight system to function at top performance.
* Actual results will depend on the severity of UV degradation. Greater existing UV damage will allow for greater performance improvements.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
They better look almost brand new after all the elbow grease it took to use the kit! Your arms are going to be sore from all the sanding you'll be doing BY HAND.
Here are a couple of hints I wish I'd gotten before trying this:
1. Don't wash your car BEFORE using the kit. The sanding will create quite a mess on your front bumper.
2. Have about 1-2 hours available to complete the process. One review says it only took them 35 minutes to complete both headlights. I don't see how this is possible! The instructions recommend taking your time on the first sand, then 15 more minutes of sanding and polishing PER LENS! You'll also spend some time wiping the drying the lens. It took me almost 2 hours to complete, though I'm sure I could shave a little time off the process if I did it again.
3. Make sure you have a chair/stool to sit on. I made the mistake of doing this while sitting on the garage floor. After about 10 minutes of sanding, you're going to wish you had a chair to sit on.
4. Have plenty of water available. The wet process sanding and rinsing will use quite a bit of water. I used 1 larger spray bottle per lens.
5. Towels too! You'll be asked to dry the lens a few times. While a few paper towels are included in the kit, you'll need more than that. If nothing else, you'll be able to wipe off some of the white residue you'll create in the sanding process.
6. Cut the sand paper in half. I wish I'd done this. I found myself getting confused on which side I'd used while sanding the second lens. The paper will also tend to roll on you while sanding, which starts to get a little annoying.
7. Take your time on the first sanding. It is the most important of the 3 sanding steps. Make sure you get all the lens. I would recommend rinsing once or twice during the first sanding to clean off the residue and help you gauge your progress.
8. Don't be alarmed how hazy the lens looks before putting on the UV Clear Coat.
9. REALLY, REALLY TAKE YOUR TIME APPLYING THE UV CLEAR COAT! This is especially true on a car that may not be totally smooth across the whole lens (there's a raised area on my highlights for the parking lights). The clear coat seemed to collect a little unevenly around the raised area.
We'll see how long my headlights stay clear. Even if the product only lasts a year, the results are still pretty good for the price!
There are many headlight restoration products out there. I've used a handful, such as Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish -10 oz. and Stoner 95121 Invisible Glass Headlight Restoration Kit - Pack of 2. Although these products do clear your headlights, they do nothing to protect them after you clean them. Remember, the yellowing occurs from the sun's rays.
Luckily my 350Z's headlights aren't to the point where there is no return. The haze/yellowing is mostly around the headlight and not in the center. But still, yellowing/haze headlights are embarassing. It wasn't until this Sylvania Headlight Restoration Kit was one of the Lightning Deals of the Day did I decide to pull the trigger. I did compare the LIghtning Deal price to my local Autozone. With the deal, it was $2 cheaper and I decided to give it a try.
First and foremost, READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE THE WORK. I'm the type of guy who reads the directions as I go along and I really wish I hadn't. Here are a few tips for those of you like me.
1. Honestly set aside at least an hour and 30 minutes. The box says 30 minutes, but that's bologna. I did exactly what the box said and it took me an hour and a half given my headlight damage.
2. The glove that comes with it is for the last step (applying the UV coating). When I saw the glove and didn't see any mention of it on the first 2 pages, I put it on. It won't hurt to put it on right away, but it's really for the last step.
3. The Step 1 Surface Activator is used in more than 1 step! I ended up using 2/3rds of the bottle by graciously spraying it all over both my headlights. This made for a skimpy amount when you reapply it after the sanding procedure. In actuality, there you should only use 1/4 of a bottle per headlight for a total of 4 times.
4. In the sanding step where it says apply medium pressure, really do apply medium pressure. The only time you apply firm pressure is in the last step of sanding with the 2000 grit sandpaper. Although my headlights look great, if you look real close, you can see some scratches that are still there. It's because I applied firm pressure with the 400 grit. I thought the firmer the pressure, the quicker I could get the hazing/yellowing out. Well because of that, there were some scratches that were deeper than they should have been.
5. In the last step where you apply the UV block clear coat, douse your blue cloth with it. You want your towel saturated. Don't worry about wasting it because you won't. I doused mine and had about 1/3rd of a bottle left. The reason you want a heavy saturation on the blue towel is because you want a nice heavy coat of the stuff on your headlights. Heavy coat = heavy clear coat = lasts longer. Thin coat will wear away quicker over time. So remember, put a HEAVY COAT on it!
The results? Freaking amazing man. My headlights look brand new. I really don't know how this is possible because anyone who has polished anything can tell you that after the using a rubbing compound with a buffer, things should look shiny after you wipe off the compound. This is the exact opposite from using this kit and finishing the Clarifying Compound step. Even the directions say after cleaning off the Clarifying Compound, the headlights will still be hazy. Knowing there was 1 more step, I was very skeptical. I thought there was no way 1 more step of just a UV coating can clear up the haze from the sanding & clarifying compound. But the end result is just like my review title says, how is this even possible?? I can't believe the results.
I give this kit 5 stars. It's only been 1 day since I applied it and things are looking good. What I'm curious about is how long it will last because any person who knows about yellowing headlights knows it won't last forever. The clearcoat that's applied will eventually wear away. Which leads me to my next point... the kit itself has a lifetime warranty! Why would Sylvania do this? Again, clearcoats don't last forever so , if Sylvania is going to send me a new kit every time the clear coat wears away, then I'll definitely take advantage of it.
I am so impressed by this kit, I bought another for my wife's car who is experiencing the same yellowish-haze. I showed her my car after using the kit and she asked if I could do hers.
Don't forget to look at my before & after pics! I'll come back and update in a few months.
I have a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee. The headlights were to a point where I barley even wanted to drive at night because I had a small blob of light MAYBE 20 feet in front of me, not even. and thats all it was, my headlights were crap. I liked this kit because it didnt require a drill, like the 3m headlight kit does. Im sure the 3m will probably be less effort, but I went with this one because it came with everything you needed. You just needed to supply water (for wet sanding) and some paper towels to wipe the lights dry between the sanding.
The box says 35 minutes. Im not sure who the heck can do this in 35 minutes but..not me, 35 minutes PER light maybe. The whole process took me about an hour, hour and a half. its fairly simple. The directions are clear, all the items in the box are even labeled "step 1" "step 2" "step 3"
The results though. I am still in shock about them. I saw some pictures of "results" and I thought they were all fake. NO, they are not. Its that good. I am very pleases with this product, and if it only lasts a couple months, then so be it. I'll do it again. If you need your headlights cleaned buy this kit! On another side note, my mom was so amazed by how well it worked she made me go buy another kit and clean her headlights too!
Most recent customer reviews
Let me echo some fo the other advice you'll see here. Get a chair to sit on when you do this. I got two: one for each headlight.Read more