BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 25, 2007
This, so called, home theater system will work only with your DVD player and is not capable of being used while viewing your cable TV. After several hours (frustrating hours) trying to make this JUNK work I called the 800 number supplied. While everyone was courtious, and being transferred several times, I was told this was not TV capable. Why would anyone buy this?
on November 30, 2005
Product description implies that the only wired speaker is the subwoofer. WRONG!!!! Only the rear speakers. The rest are wired.

Next thing it states there are 6 speakers. WRONG AGAIN! There are only 5 speakers. Subwoofer, Center, and 3 (NOT 4) satellite speakers.

Can not comment on the quality. Returned product.
on September 4, 2014
Works fine. Sounds OK.
on December 2, 2005
I bought this system due to the fact it boasted wireless speakers and claimed to be a Home Theatre system. This product is neither. I only wish I had waited for someone to review it before buying so I wouldnt have even wasted my time buying this thing, setting it up and then having to send it back. The only speaker which is wireless is one long rear speaker. DO NOT EVEN THINK of buying this if you want to play your tv through it, wont work. I called Sylvania and they stated that the surround sound only works when you play a DVD. How can they call that a Home Theatre system? I only wish Amazon would have the decency to change the description of this thing so no one else has to get stuck with the $20 shipping charge after they return it.
on December 6, 2005
I cannot warn you enough to NOT buy this system. It only includes one rear speaker although Amazon's description says it comes with two. It does not have any outputs to connect to your TV so you're only limited to having surround sound when watching DVDs (and when listening to the the built in radio tuner that didn't work for me at all).

There weren't any reviews on this page when I just bought this a week ago and I wish I didn't break my own rule of always reading reviews on a product before buying it! Don't make the same mistake that I did - you can get a lot more bang for your buck with other systems (I ended up picking up a Yamaha YHT-160 and I love it!)
on December 3, 2005
Wow, I cannot warn you enough about this product. The "Wireless" Functionality is such a crappy gimmick, it only works on 1 Rear speaker that just happens to be the ugliest looking speaker I have ever seen so it wouldn't look good no matter where we put it. Not to mention theres no Audio INPUTS so rule out any plans on gaming, watching satellite or anything else other then a DVD Video, Who limits themselves to watching ONLY DVD's?! Please Do not buy this product, It is much too expensive for the functionality it provides, which is little to non.
on June 17, 2006
You get what you pay for.... more or less. The sound quality is very bad. The speakers are what you'd expect $5 speakers to sound like. 500 watts is an total misnomer. Its more like 15W-20W or about what you'd expect out of a $30 boom box. When playing a cd or dvd, there's no display on the front to know what track you're on. It only displays "DVD/CD" or FM/AM station. The rear wireless speaker has a constant buzz. when you turn it on or off there is a loud "crack/thump" as the amplifier turns itself on. Its very light, and seems very cheap. Everything from the cables to the speakers are the cheapest you can possibly get.

What's good: ease of setup (everything is color coded). The video part of a movie is good. Having 5 sources of sound in a room is nice.

Overall, I'm torn. I'm not sure if I should return it, or keep it and buy a few nicer speakers for the front 3 channels.

BTW: If you are going to buy it, please, please don't pay more than $100 for this. look around.
on June 16, 2006
I recently purchsed this home thater in black color for $100.

Good:

1. Wireless rear speaker worked out of the box.

2. Decent sound.

Bad:

1. Only Input is DVD which comes with this unit.

2. Cannot connect any external sources like TV, CD Player or anything.

3. Can't even connect different dvd player.

4. DVD player is NTSC only. Can't play PAL or other region DVDs. Atleast there is no hack for this player in any site.

5. Remote is kind of confusing.

6. Manual is not user friendly.

7. Connection between dvd player and amplifier is via scart type cable. If you break, you are in deep trouble.

I returned the product. Not worth going through the trouble.
on December 1, 2005
I, like some of the others, purchased this product with high expectations. After spending close to two hours preparing for installation, I realized that there was no audio input thus my TV cannot be connected. Bummer. Also, the only wireless speaker is the rear one. Also, the FM tuner will not receive any stations. Do yourself and your customers a favor and pull this from the market. I will be returning it.
on June 16, 2006
I knew the rear speaker was the only wireless unit. What I didn't know is that you cant hear your TV thru this! This is a DVD/CD/radio system. So you can only use this while watching DVDs! I called customer service and the guy laughed saying all he hears are complaints on this unit and the only recourse is to return it. I will. Do not bother with this unit.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.