Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sylvania SDVD8706 7 Dual-screen Portable DVD Player
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on November 16, 2012
My kids received this dvd player as a gift for Christmas in 2011 and we have had nothing but problems with it as soon as we received it the cords that connect the dvd players together went and then now one of the screens won't work at all it is a blue screen. I called Sylvania besides being transferred about three times to get to the correct department. I spoke to the Technical Service Guys who wanted to charge me $44 to ship the dual screens back to them for something that is still under warranty. I don't feel that they should be charging to have their product shipped back when it didn't even hold up to the 1 year warranty. I will never buy another Sylvania Product Again.
on December 11, 2012
I purchased this product mainly for my 18 month old son, but thought the 2nd screen would be nice when we travel with his young cousins (which is about 6-8 times per year.) We use it only on longer trips to prevent tears once the toys and books are boring. The first use was on an 18 hr, round trip car ride with 3 little ones. The thing froze up more than it was even on! So much crying each time it stopped... Figured it was the DVD, but didn't have another one. Second trip, 6 hr round trip. Froze up so many times even with a different DVD, we had to just take it down, put it away, and listen to the crying. We tried positioning it differently, etc, but to no avail. It's a useless DVD player that frustrates us all more than it entertains. I would NOT recommend this brand or this product.
on May 11, 2014
I don't have a mini-van with built-in DVD player, so this was my substitute. The wires are a bit "in the way" at times, but with two screens, one each directly in front of the car seats, it works perfectly for me and my grandchildren.
on January 13, 2016
I bought this DVD player less than a year ago. Only used it a couple times for long trips. Keep it in the house when not using it. It already broke. It's does not work. It won't turn on. I know I bought it open box but I still wish it would last more than a couple times.
on January 3, 2013
We got the car dvd player for our daughter(almost 2yrsold) because she hates being straped in. The only complaint we have is the volume we have a kind of noisey truck and I had to turn around to see if it was on and it was behind my head. My daughter is enjoying it!
on August 29, 2012
I went to install the unit today. One of the headrest strap snaps was broken. My guess is this is why it was returned and the broken piece was missed on the refurb. I haven't used the unit yet so I'm not sure whether it works, what the quality is like, or whether there are other faults. I'll decide once the grandkids get to use it whether I want to hastle with the return or just use it.
on August 28, 2012
I was disapointed :( one of the screen came to have a defect on it. It looked like the screen has lifted so there is an actual space on the screen so its not working. So i only have 1 out of the two that works. I know it was refurbished but i didnt know that the screen i bought would come that way. I bought this for my newphew as a gift so im really disapointed about this, there was no description when i bought this item that the screen was broken.
on October 14, 2013
works good as long as you need it for 7 months. I dont know anyone that has the money for a temp gift. It will not last even a year. Seller wont fix the problem at all. Very unhappy Mimi
on December 13, 2012
Best money ever spent. My son loves watching movies on it and it works great!! He gets sucked into the movie and is quiet the entire trip no matter where we go
on October 12, 2012
Super price, super product and extremely satisfied!Shipped quick and safely packaged. Makes long road trip for the grandbaby alot easier. He loves it too!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse