- Audio CD (January 29, 2008)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Hybrid SACD - DSD, Import
- Label: Farao Records
- ASIN: B0011Z5MDI
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,170,155 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Have one to sell?
Sym 4 in E Flat Major: Romantic Hybrid SACD - DSD, Import
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Hybrid SACD - DSD, Import, January 29, 2008
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
1. Symphony No. 4 in E flat ('Romantic'), WAB 104: 1. Bewegt, nicht zu schnell
2. Symphony No. 4 in E flat ('Romantic'), WAB 104: 2. Andante quasi Allegretto
3. Symphony No. 4 in E flat ('Romantic'), WAB 104: 3. Scherzo; Bewegt
4. Symphony No. 4 in E flat ('Romantic'), WAB 104: 4. Finale; Bewegt, doch nicht zu schnell
Top Customer Reviews
By Peter on August 23, 2012
If you love SACD:s as I do, and are looking for a version of Bruckner's 4th recorded on that medium, this one is probably the best up until now (August 2012). Being a SACD fantast I have all SACD-versions - Haitink, Young, Jansons, van Zweden , and even the new Blomstedt. Of course, many of these are well played, and the sound is dynamic and rich in details as you would expect. What makes zu Guttenberg's version the best to me, is that he has the best idea of what to do with the music. And he accomplishes this in a convincing way, without mannerism. Too often, the others plays the music well, but in an unengaged way. Zu Guttenberg has probably the best sound too. To this contributes both the recording engineers, and the fact that it was recorded in the great hall of Wiener Musikverein, one of the finest concert halls in the world. The SACD received the award "IRR Outstanding" in International Records Review.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again