Syma S111G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
|Price:||$19.40 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Stabile Flight Characteristics
- Easy to Fly
- Great for Beginners
- Stable Flight Characteristics
- Easy to Fly
- Great for Beginners
- Battery Type: Lithium Polymer (LiPO Battery)
- Motor Type: Brushed
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I recommend this heli highly. I also can‘t fault any of the other Syma helicopters that Ive flown, they truly are well built for such a cheap price.
The only knock I have on this helicopter is the forward speed. Its built for beginners, so its stable. Id say almost too stable and doesnt go very fast in fwd direction. You can get around this by adding some weight to the nose of the helicopter. I used some sticky tape and a few ball bearings. This gives the helicopter much better forward. BUT DONT DO THIS UNTIL YOU ARE GOOD AT FLYING.
I also bought an Eagle Pro Helipad, which is slightly bigger than the helicopter and makes for some fun landings.
Link to helipad - http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Control-Helicopter-Landing-Pad/dp/B00SAP2CBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440458876&sr=8-1&keywords=Helipad
Couple of tips to save you a headache:
⁃ Dont put the helicopter away with a flat battery, it will slowly discharge over time and cause the battery to overdischarge and this causes permanent damage. It should be stored with a full battery. I found this out the hard way!
⁃ Give the battery 10-15mins to cool down before putting it on the USB charger. Dont use the charger on the remote, it will drain the AA batteries fast. I also found this out the hard way!
⁃ If youre a beginner, the first thing you should do is put the heli on a hard surface(not carpet), give it a small amount of throttle without taking off. You will see if the helicopter needs to be trimmed. If the helo is spinning either left or right, adjust the trim wheel until the helicopter doesnt spin left or right.
1. S108G Cobra. By Far the fastest and the most aggressive of the helicopters. This one takes a little bit of time to get used to and is for the more experienced flyer. Its super fast and super durable.
2. S109G Apache. Another good helicopter from Syma. Runs the same as the Cobra. Fast and swift.
3. S026G Chinook. A good beginner helicopter. Very stable in flight. It can be fast if you want it to be or it can be slow. This is one of my favorites out of the series.
4. S102G Black Hawk. My brother has the S107G and this flies just like it. This is probably the best helicopter that syma makes. Extremely stable and can take a serious beating. (But so can all the others.) It will fly at the speed you want it to from slow to fast and takeoffs and landings are extremely smooth.
5. S111G Coast Guard Rescue. This too is a fine product from syma. Super smooth flyer and very stable when hovering. And yes, this one wins in the looks battle. It works just like the S102G Black Hawk.
6. And last but not least, the S023G Big Apache. This is a massive outdoor version of the S109G Apache. But this one is meant to be used outdoors. This one is not infrared like the little ones but is a 27mhz radio control helicopter. This guy has some serious power to it and boy does it fly. Very fast and extremely stable are how I would describe it. It is also very easy to control.
All in all, Syma gets a 20 out of 10 stars on their helicopters for the price. And when you do buy one from them, MAKE SURE IT HAS A G AFTER THE NUMBERS. LIKE S109-G-. The G stands for Gyro. The Gyro makes it twice as easy to fly.
This helipad gives him the full experience along with this Syma S111G helicopter. The helipad is an excellent addition and I highly recommend it to anyone looking at this helicopter. While my husband charges his helicopter he keeps it nicely displayed right on the Eagle Pro Helipad. When the Syma S111G is ready to fly the Eagle Pro Helipad lights up and is ready for his landing practice.
Overall, this is a great helicopter for beginners and experienced flyers alike. It is tons of fun, very well made, and a fantastic price!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
LOve it,flies and handles AMAZING.works perfect.It's so fun it makes the fly time short. I'd buy these for gifts !! :-)Published 18 hours ago by DEALERS-CHOICE
Flys really smooth it's a great rc helicopter but the remote is kinda bad sometime in mid way helicopter drop due to the range.Published 12 days ago by Nobin
It is a nice helicopter. It is stable in the air, easy to control, and relatively durable. I got a problem after few flights, it failed to take off, usually when a chopper cannot... Read morePublished 27 days ago by Dodi
Great product at a great price. Fast shipping, too. I highly recommend this product. Thank you!
Gary D Black
This heli looks alsome , now only one problem, the on and off button breaks off easily.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer