PCanywhere 12.1 - 1 User
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Remote-control solution with robust security and Basic View interface
- Manage computers, resolve help-desk issues, and securely connect to remote devices
- Supports Windows Vista and Mac OS X Universal; connects to Pocket PCs
- Enhanced Gateway functionality; powerful file-transfer capabilities
- Bandwidth auto detect; direct access to vital operating-system utilities
Customers also shopped for
Symantec is announcing Symantec pcAnywhere 12.1. Now includes support for Windows Vista and Mac OS X Universal. Symantec pcAnywhere enables you to connect to remote devices simply and securely work across multiple platforms easily manage computers and resolve helpdesk issues quickly. This new version will replace Symantec pcAnywhere 12.0.
From the Manufacturer
Symantec pcAnywhere 12.1 is a remote-control solution that lets you manage computers, resolve help-desk issues quickly, and connect to remote devices simply and securely. Gateway functionality enables remote users to find the hosts they need behind routers or firewalls, with minimal setup and without requiring hosts to have fixed or public IP addresses. This new version also brings you the award-winning ease of use, security, and versatility youve come to expect from pcAnywhere, and it now supports Windows Vista and Mac OS X Universal, as well as certain earlier PC and Mac operating systems.
- New! Windows Vista support: Windows Vista host support enables management of Windows Vista computers from any pcAnywhere remote system.
- New! Mac OS X Universal support: Mac OS X Universal support provides remote-control capability across both PowerPC and Intel-based Mac systems.
- Enhanced Gateway functionality: Gateway functionality makes it easier for remote users to access the pcAnywhere hosts they need.
- New Basic View interface: remote connections are easy, especially with the new Basic View interface designed especially for novice users and secure through built-in AES 256-bit encryption.
- Support users in multiple locations: Symantec pcAnywhere 12.1 is ideal for help desks, VARs, and system integrators who need an efficient, versatile way to support users in multiple locations.
- Supports most operating systems: you can connect to and manage computers running Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X Universal, or Microsoft Pocket PC.
- Host Invitation: Host Invitation feature allows end users to establish a reverse (outbound) connection to the help desk without knowing IP addresses.
- Single-session manager: combines pcAnywhere Manager and all active sessions into one tabbed window view.
- Connects to Pocket PCs: allows Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X Universal, and Microsoft Pocket PC remote systems to connect to Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X Universal hosts.
- Connection wizard: guides new users through their initial client-host connection.
- Powerful file transfer: powerful file-transfer capabilities allow users to upload and download files across different platforms.
- Robust security: mandatory password protection and login encryption help ensure that only authorized users can access a pcAnywhere host; uses FIPS 140-2validated encryption up to AES 256-bit.
- Bandwidth auto detect: automatically maximizes pcAnywhere performance for each type of connection.
- Remote management tools: provides direct access to vital operating-system utilities (such as Command Prompt, Task Manager, and Services) on the host system.
Top customer reviews
I loaded the PCAnywhere on both the mac and the Parallels side of the Macbookpro running XP pro (HOSTS) and the remote. Maybe I have having trouble because I am using a Airport Extreme router which automatically assigns a 10.0.1.1.. IP address. I had 2 network guys working on this. The hotline said to have Roadrunner configure ports to 5631 and 5632 but roadrunner has all ports open and do not reconfigure. My network guys reconfigured ports and also forwarded them to the 66.....IP address - still no luck.
Will try a Linksys router next. Wasted tons of time.