- File Size: 1165 KB
- Print Length: 361 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1517585929
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Creativia; 2 edition (December 29, 2014)
- Publication Date: December 29, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00RKY0WJ8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#109,169 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #96 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Aliens
- #221 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- #471 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $13.00 (77%)
Symbiosis (Justice Keepers Saga Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 361 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The characters in this book are extremely well written; they have a depth and feel to them that is rarely seen in a book in the YA genre. The female protagonist is gutsy and strong willed, but she also have a side to her that she tries to keep well hidden, and which rarely makes an appearance. However, because of the way in which the Author develops her character it is obvious that there are hidden depths to her that will, hopefully be revealed as the Saga continues. I liked this character immensely, she is a strong young woman who comes alive and off the page as events unfolds; very true to life she is not wholly likeable but this only adds to her charm and makes her more alive and real. The man she befriends is equally well written and, in giving both the male and female leads in this book the same careful treatment, the Author creates a novel that will appeal to both male and female readers.
World building is just as well done in this book as the character development; so well is it written that it brought to mind the descriptions of space that a reader will find in any of the books written by Peter F. Hamilton. The descriptions of Earth make it seem familiar yet totally fresh and new at the same time, as I read through the book I wanted to travel to the locations contained within its pages and experience the adventures I found.
Thinking there is nothing new in the YA genre? Then I highly recommend this book as it will change your mind. Skilfully written and tightly edited it was a pleasure to read and I will definitely be reading more in this saga as it becomes available. My only regret is that this is only available on eBook as I want to add a paper copy to my shelves.
Originally reviewed on: http://catesbooknuthut.com/2015/01/19...
Anna meets up with Jack Hunter as she's buying clothes for herself at the second hand store that he works at. She is taken in by snark and helps her find clothes she can afford. Jack notices Anna left a shirt she purchased, while running it out to her, is attached by a drug dealer after sticking up for a guy. Anna then attacks the drug dealers. It should be noted that Anna Lenai is one tough chick, she is has a symbiont and they've been in symbiosis for years. It appears to other humans as though she has super powers but is just her Nassai.
The Nassai has to choose you, are kind hearted, strong, willing to step up for something that is right, you know have a conscious.
There are two parts to this book and I don't have the space to list everything here.
Great characters, settings, writing, just all around sci-fi reading. It was a great read.
It gets two stars because I managed to finish it. It was touch-and-go, though. Another reviewer mentioned that it read like a television script. I had a similar thought myself: it read like a screen play because of the constant, almost nonsensical at times descriptions of characters wincing, gritting their teeth, baring their teeth, shaking their heads, shrugging, crossing their arms, bowing their hands, looking at their feet, looking at their laps, et cetera, ad nauseum.
Here are a few of the 30 samples I marked while reading. Bear in mind that 30 samples was just a random pick from a very much larger set of instances. I could've come up with a couple hundred examples of this nonsense with enough patience.
- The phone rang. He brought the receiver to his ear. Mopping a hand over his face, Harry winced. He shook his head and let out a soft sigh.
- Jack clenched his teeth, wincing so hard his face hurt. He shook his head in dismay.
- Harry bit his lip, staring down into his lap. He winced and shook his head.
- Harry ground his teeth, then closed his eyes and shook his head.
- Pressing his lips together, David stared up at the building. He squinted, shaking his head.
- Anna pursed her lips, holding his gaze. She winced, shaking her head in disgust. “I want to know your name!” she growled.
- Anna grinned down at the floor. She shook her head, trying not to laugh.
- She ground her teeth, wincing as she marched down the corridor. “Tell me this guy doesn't creep you out,” she said, shaking her head.
- His sister went bone-pale, keeping her eyes fixed on the road.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book is great for sci-fi fans of all ages. Engaging characters and exciting plot line. Looking forward to book 2 !!Published 26 days ago by Andrew Carter
Story line good but continuity struggled, at times storyline began to drag but did avoid completely come to a halt. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Kindle Customer
Action packed and fun to read. Mystery enter laced with romance and humor. Main characters, Ana and Jack, were fun to follow.Published 2 months ago by Edwin
The book is great for sci-fi fans of all ages. Engaging characters and exciting plot line. Looking forward to book 2 !!Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I couldn't even finish, sorry. Had a good start, but, ugh... just had to put it down and walk away...Published 5 months ago by loralee67
Intelligent, articulate, witty and thought-provoking. Some of the banter made me laugh out loud. Some of the fight scenes made me wince in anticipation of the pain. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Barbara Bishop
A superbly crafted and engaging story that makes you yearn for more! With a well paced plot and superb characters, this debut from Mr. Read morePublished 10 months ago by t.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Aliens