- Series: de Gruyter Studies in Organization (Book 24)
- Hardcover: 450 pages
- Publisher: De Gruyter; Reprint 2010 ed. edition (September 1, 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3110120127
- ISBN-13: 978-3110120127
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #12,796,178 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Symbols and Artifacts (de Gruyter Studies in Organization) Reprint 2010 ed. Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is new, because mostly in Cultural Studies semiotics merely analyzes signs in terms of their reference, i.e. their abstract reconstructed significance out-of-context. Gagliardi, in this book (he goes on to expand on that topic by aiming to orient Organizational Studies towards an aesthetic orientation, i.e. one focused on the reality-in-the-field), gives a framework that is intriguing, practical and enriching all at the same time.
The case studies in this book are easily accessible, stimulating and rich.
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and have come to rely heavily on the thinking it has introduced me to.