- Series: Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences (Book 64)
- Paperback: 473 pages
- Publisher: Springer; Softcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1996 edition (February 22, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3540602844
- ISBN-13: 978-3540602842
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1.1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,089,341 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Symmetries in Physics: Group Theory Applied to Physical Problems (Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences) Softcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1996 Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the Back Cover
Symmetries in Physics presents the fundamental theories of symmetry, together with many examples of applications taken from several different branches of physics. Emphasis is placed on the theory of group representations and on the powerful method of projection operators. The excercises are intended to stimulate readers to apply the techniques demonstrated in the text.