- Hardcover: 354 pages
- Publisher: Harvard University Press; 1st Edition edition (January 15, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0674026616
- ISBN-13: 978-0674026612
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 1.1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,654,709 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Symphonic Aspirations: German Music and Politics, 1900-1945 1st Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Familiar questions are addressed to freshly illuminating effect in Karen Painter's Symphonic Aspirations: German Music and Politics, 1900-1945, one of the first books in English to take a wider historical view of the phenomenon of the politicization of classical music in Nazi Germany. (Terry Teachout Commentary 2008-01-01)
About the Author
Karen Painter is Associate Professor at the School of Music, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.