|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Synology PC-Less Surveillance Solution (VS240HD)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Synology VS240HD makes surveillance live-view and playback simple. Connect up to 24 high-definition IP cameras to VS240HD and pair it with a Synology server for ease of storing and retrieving footage with only a few clicks.
- VS240HD was developed with a focus on ease-of-use for both casual and advanced users. The interface is simple and intuitive, with easy access to the most common functions.VS240HD allows the manipulation of PTZ on specific IP cameras by mouse-clicks.
- VS240HD requires only 14.4W when fully-loaded with 24 channels, and lowers its power usage down to only 10W when idle. As a PC-less surveillance solution VS240HD economizes on both equipment and energy costs in the long-run.
- Space-Saving Compact Design
- Dual HDMI Video Output
- Backed with Synology's 3-year limited warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I have two of these paired to a synology DS214+ server with 16 cameras. Each of them is connected to two displays. They are designed so that one display contains all of the controls and the other shows just the camera images. It’s an expensive alternative to a computer, but they are designed to run 24/7 with very little power consumption. One thing to watch is that your main display needs to be a real monitor (not a 1080p TV) or the controls will get chopped off. Not a big deal since you really don't even need the controls. For the second display you can use a TV. For exampling in the Master Bedroom I have a large TV mounted on the wall as a second display. It is great to be able to flip it on and see all around the outside of the house.
Not sure what the other reviewer was complaining about as to hard to set up for internet access, etc. The entire configuration is done on your Synology NAS in Surveillance Station. You can even set up your display configurations (simple grid, big image in the center, cycling through cameras, etc) and push it out to the stations. From the Internet you connect to the Surveillance Station on your Synology server. This device is to display the cameras on the local premises, nothing more, so doesn’t even need to be plugged in to see your cameras from the internet and there really isn't anything to configure on it. Just plug it in, point your Surveillance Station to it and it works.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Clunky security product and limited in what it can do. I cut my losses and went to Blue Iris. Synology excels in the storage market but their surveillance line is pretty terrible... Read morePublished 7 months ago by J. R. McFarland
For the price, this thing should wipe your butt for you. it doesn't even get close. You cant stream MP images in HD at all unless you want to do one! Read morePublished 17 months ago by John Homman