- Series: Synthesis Lectures on Information Concepts, Retrieval, and S
- Paperback: 138 pages
- Publisher: Morgan & Claypool Publishers (October 1, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1608459349
- ISBN-13: 978-1608459346
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.3 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,724,697 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Answer Machine (Synthesis Lectures on Information Concepts, Retrieval, and S) Paperback – October 1, 2012
|New from||Used from|
Printed Access Code
O'Reilly Learning Series
Featured 'Learning' Series from O'Reilly Media. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Importantly, Ms. Feldman discusses the next generation of systems that she calls "Answer Machines" and does a great job of explaining how these work by introducing us to IBM's Watson system which won the Jeopardy challenge. Since Watson is now branching out into other domains, like helping doctors to fight cancer, it is important that we understand what Answer Machines like Watson are and are not. Ms Feldman does a great job of providing that in this book.
I highly recommend the "Answer Machine" for all of the folks involved in search, SEO and everyone else who want to understand how computer search systems and "virtual assistants" are going to transform our lives over the next 10-20 years.