4-Year Accidental Damage Protection Planfrom After Solutions
- After's Protection Plan documents will be delivered to you via email only to the address associated with your Amazon.com account and can be found in your account message center within the Buyer/Seller Messages
- If your device breaks and is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty, or if your memory card stops working, After's Accident Protection Plan with Data Recovery will repair or, in some cases, replace the broken item; the Plan also provides recovery of your pictures and videos if your memory card fails
- Covers new products of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction)
- Free two way shipping
- No deductible
Syrp Genie Mini Camera Motion Control - Wireless, Portable & Easy to Use
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Motion Time-lapse, Video, Product Turntable & Panorama
- Wireless App Control for iOS and Android
- Compatible with huge range of DSLR's, Smartphones, GoPros & Mirror-less cameras
- Ease in / Ease Out, HDR Time-lapse, Move Shoot Move, Pan & Tilt control with two Genie Minis
- Syrp Link Cable required for camera triggering
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Motion Control in your pocket! The Genie mini is an extremely easy-to-use device to create smooth panning Motion Time-lapse, smooth Video, Panoramas or use as Product Turntable. Wirelessly connect to the Genie Mini using the Syrp Genie App for quick setup and simple control!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This device refuses to connect. When it does connect, it then quickly disconnects, making my setup a nightmare as I race against the time, trying to force the damn thing to stay connected long enough for me to set it up and start the timelapse.
Despite what the description says, it is only good for timelapse - the real-time movement is not smooth enough to be useful.
With timelapse, the promised ramping at the start/end does not work at all.
Great idea if only one could connect to it reliably - even for a minute - to be able to set up the parameters and start the timelapse. However, it does not work, or work only sporadically. You WILL lose the important moment you're trying to capture virtually every time, while struggling with this device.
Absolutely the worst, as well as the company's non-existent support. It looks like they are going out of business, as well - they cut all communications since last week, not sure if only here or in general.
I so wanted this to work. I spent hours working with the system. But after a year plus I can report that this system is buggy, unreliable, difficult to use and noisy. Do not buy this system or any of the components. I feel like the issues are too many to call out, but a few problems that come to mind:
- Constant Bluetooth disconnects
- Constant requests to download firmware update even when none are available
- Hard to use software with very little control
- At times when adjusting the Genie Mini it would go out of control and rotate randomly
- At times the Genie Mini would lose connection to the larger Genie. I finally found a way to reset the device and plug it into a power source that seemed to fix it
- The larger Genie is EXTREMELY nosy. No way you can use this for interviews or any environment that required sound recording.
- Poor support. Initially their support responded, but over time I would never hear from them.
In the end, I had to call it quits. I lost so much time trying to make this work. I just sold everything on eBay. And yes, I lost a bunch of money too.
The company has announced a new system coming, but that won’t be available until later this year or next. Until then don’t but this version.
In the end I decided to switch over to the Rhino system and I’m much happier.
One thing to note, it is controlled by bluetooth and if you lose connectivity with your device it just carries on spinning (or I presume running the setting you gave it) so you dont need to keep control device in range
The app, well it needs work. It would malfunction, turning the wrong way, resetting the amount of travel, causing the app to crash, not show how much time/travel was left, etc.
I've used the Genie Mini hundreds of times, I probably have over 200- 10+ second time lapses from it. I went to use it the other night at sunset. It had a full battery, I went to set it up, it prompted a firmware update (for the new 360 feature).
The firmware update took about 12 minutes (longer than normal). It said completed, then I went to connect it to the app again and it says to charge the battery, it was full when I started. The red camera led (right side) is just doing a double blink. I go to charge it and the charge led isn't going on. It normally is orange/yellow. I tried plugging it into my computer to charge, nothing. I plug it into a portable usb charger, still nothing.
I believe the battery has died, or some other problem has happened. I push the power button, it usually blinks green, but it doesn't blink. I can still connect it to the phone, but it just says charge battery, and won't turn. I've tried letting it charge overnight and still nothing.
For a product to last me less than a year something is wrong. I've emailed them, waiting to hear back. Their customer service is not the best. I believe they only have one person taking care of that. Everytime I email them it usually takes them two weeks to get back to me.
Usually, Syrp products are good, but it seems they may have rushed development or have bad quality control on the Genie Mini. I have the original Genie (and most of their products) and have almost never had problems with it.
Most recent customer reviews
I think this was rushed to market without good QC.Read more
After contacting Syrp on the behavior I described in my initial review (see below), updated software and firmware appears to have resolved the issue.Read more