T-Mobile Garminfone Android Phone (T-Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 3G-enabled, Android-powered smartphone with powerful Garmin GPS navigation capabilities
- Built-in North American maps with millions of points of interest; voice and on-screen directions with automatic re-routing
- 3-megapixel camera/camcorder; Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion to 32 GB; access to personal and work e-mail
- Up to 4 hours of talk time, up to 144 hours (6 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 2 GB microSD memory card, wired stereo hands-free headset, stereo headphone adapter, premium dash mount, quick start guide, user manual
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Garmin Asus Garminfone A50 is an Android smartphone with extensive navigation features from Garmin. Additionally, this device features 3G data, large 3.5-inch touch display, 3 megapixel camera, multi-format music player, Bluetooth compatibility, and an easy-to-use simplified interface. This navigation-centric smartphone is also equipped with WiFi, email client, web-browser, and quad-band GSM along with WCDMA modes for international use. This device also offers access to thousands of apps, games, movies, and music available on Google's Play Store.
The first Android-powered smartphone fully-integrated with Garmin's premium GPS software, the 3G-enabled Garminfone smartphone for T-Mobile gives you the same navigation experience found on Garmin's standalone GPS devices--including voice-guided and on-screen directions, real-time traffic, weather, and gas prices. The mobile Web browser includes enhanced functions, including pinch and zoom capability and embedded location awareness that links information found on the Web to navigation and mapping functions--enabling you to navigate directly to a location from a Web page.
The sleek Garminfone offers full-touch 3G smartphone capabilities with a large 3.5-inch screen and Garmin's robust navigation.
Easily customizable to fit your needs, the Garminfone also give you access to Garmin's Connected Services, which include flight status information, weather forecasts, real-time traffic, gas prices, and more.
The Garminfone is ready to go with the included car kit--simply plug it in and snap it in the car mount and you'll be on your way in no time. Garminfone also features a bright 3.5-inch display, and a 3.0-megapixel camera with geotagging capabilities so you can share location details about the places around you.
The Garminfone provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. Other features include 4 GB of internal memory, microSD memory expansion (with 2 GB card included), Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, multi-format digital media player, and up to 4 hours of talk time.
With fully integrated Garmin navigation, you'll get both on-screen and voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions that speak street names.
Garmin NavigationWith the Garminfone, you'll enjoy driving, walking and public transportation navigation with voice and on-screen directions and automatic re-routing. The on-board North American maps offer fast and reliable directions--whether in or out of cell phone coverage--and multiple overlapping positioning technologies ensure you have one of the best location and navigation experiences a smartphone can offer.
The Garminfone also supports junction view with lane assist in many metro areas--so you can know the right lane to be in at the right time. In addition, it comes preloaded with millions of points of interest so you can look up restaurants, fuel stations, hotels, ATMs and more, get phone numbers and addresses, and navigate right to your chosen location.
The Garminfone utilizes text-to-speech technology to speak street names, and it's tightly integrated with Google Voice Search. Simply speak to move through the point of interest information from within Google Voice Search, make your choice and the Garminfone will guide you there.
Designed with location-aware functionality at its core., the Garminfone's navigation features are fully integrated with frequently used applications such as calendar, contacts, email, Internet browser, and messaging.
Garmin Connected ServicesGarmin's Connected Services deliver useful localized content, such as traffic data, flight information and weather forecasts, directly to you. It's where you'll find a range of applications and services to keep you informed while you're on the move.
Included car mount.
- Real-Time Traffic alerts help you avoid traffic delays and road construction on your route. The Garminfone examines the current traffic data and automatically optimizes a route for the shortest time. You just drive.
- Gas Prices finds the best prices for fuel near your location. You can even choose the grade of fuel, regular, mid-grade, premium or diesel. Easily navigate to your chosen station in one click.
- Google Local Search allows you to search for businesses in your area then navigate to them using Garmin navigation with voice-prompted directions that announce street names.
- Ciao! integrates location-centric social network applications such as GyPSii, with more networks to be added in the future.
- Flight Status gives you quick access to flight departure/arrival times and gate information from airports around the world with the closest major airports displayed first.
- Panoramio enables you to navigate to geotagged photos that are sorted by distance from current location.
- Weather provides current and five-day forecasts tailored for the location where you are. Or where you're going. You can search for weather information for cities around the world.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- On-screen and voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions that speak street names, know your arrival time, and automatically reroute if you have to detour
- Pre-loaded with North American maps for navigation even without cellular coverage
- Millions of points of interest so you can look up restaurants, fuel stations, hotels, ATMs and more
- Included car kit with dash mount
Text messages appear in a conversational view, and it's easy to dial numbers with the onscreen numeric keypad.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- 3.5-inch capacitive touch display (320 x 480 pixels) with auto-rotation.
- Onscreen keyboard
- 3-megapixel auto-focus camera with 4x digital zoom, white balance adjustment, and multiple shooting modes.
- Video capture capabilities (MPEG4 and H.263 with audio via AMR-NB)
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
- 4 GB internal memory
The 3-megapixel auto-focus camera
also features video capture and geotagging support.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- Access to personal and work e-mail (support for Exchange Server)
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Visual Voicemail allows you to listen to your voice-mail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Garminfone weighs 4.9 ounces and measures 4.6 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 144 hours (6 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
Garminfone handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, microSD memory card, wired stereo hands-free headset, stereo headphone adapter, premium dash mount, quick start guide, user manual
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- E-mail, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
T-Mobile's 3G network is currently available in more than 220 cities nationwide and covers more than 160 million people.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Garminfone is excellent for travel too since you don't have to take a separate GPS unit with you. If you have your phone, you have your GPS...all the time.