Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 74 reviews
on June 5, 2012
I'm an experienced Android user, and so far the phone is working pretty well. We'll see how long it lasts after the first full month of use. The features on this phone are nice, the screen is simple and the phone is thin and light. Plenty of space for music, photos, and videos. Added with an SD card, it holds a lot. I don't normally care for touch screen keyboards but I'll make an exception for this one. Tipping the phone sideways lengthens the keyboard and makes texting easier. The web browsing is excellent, very clear and allows full page exploration. Comes with the Android Gingerbread system, which is nice. Its fast and has a lot of nifty features. Overall, excellent phone.
44 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
Let's get something out of the way first, this is not a power device for the experienced smart phone users. Android devices spread all spectrum of user base and the PRISM is squarely aim at the first time demographics. Powered by a 600 MHz single core processor, this phone is only about 60% speed of my Spring XPRT which is more than a year old at this point. With this said, the menu transitions are snappy and most applications hums along in a self assure pace without missing a beat. The 3.5 inch 320x480 resolution screen isn't going to win any awards, but it is colorful, clear, sensitive and pretty useable. Unlike the SPRINT devices, TMOBILE only loaded minimal amount of crapware onto this.

If you are already a Google family like mine, the suite of software works right outside the box. Gmail, Drive, Music, Talk are integrated and functions transparently. I miss the ability to integrate with Google voice like I can with a Sprint device but this is not a fatal flaw. As an added bonus, WIFI calling (basically voice over IP via WIFI) works right out of the box and can be used to make free phone calls when you are at home. PRISM comes with a GPS, Bluetooth, WIFI(b/g/N), 2G/3G mobile data speed, accelerometer, proximity sensor and a digital compass. The operating system is v2.3.5 (Gingerbread)which is more speed optimized than many of the 2.2 devices still out there. The on board camera clocks in at 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels but I would only use it in cases of emergencies or for people simply don't know any better (which is more or less the same assessment of most of the mobile cameras). 2GB SD card comes standard with the phone but you can expand to 32GB if you want (but... why?). If you do any traveling, this device operates with both GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and HSDPA 850/1700/1900/2100 networks. This means this phone will function in most of countries with a GSM network infrastructure.

This is one smartphone that doesn't break the bank! $20 on contract or $150 off contract, this device is comparably superior than similar offerings from Samsung such as the DART. I bought this device for my 11 year old son on a PAY as you GO plan and he had no problem leaving the dumb phone world behind after a few minutes of fiddling. This is a great device for first time SMARTPHONE users. Although racing Ashalt 6 probably isn't appropriate, give PRISM a shot if you simply need a reliable device to make/receive phone calls while learning what all the BUZZ with the SMARTPHONE world is all about.

Pro:
* A very cheap device ($20 on contract, $150 off)
* WIFI calling works and doesn't use plan minutes.
* Integrated phone books with Google contacts.
* Ability to switch to pay by day plan right on the phone.
* Minimal bloatwares installed
* Although a very slow device, there were very few crashes or lockups. Resource management seem to work pretty well out of the box.
* Can utilize over 40,000 programs for the Android ecosystem.

Con:
* Very limited internal storage (< 200MB). Programs have to be installed on internally memory while data (i.e. music, books, movies) can be loaded on the SD.
* Fairly slow by the modern standards. Some programs won't run well because of the low processor speed(i.e. games, Netflix, etc).
* Virtual keyboard a pain to use (Hint: learn to use swype).
* Included Camera is next to useless.
on September 20, 2012
I returned it. It's fairly slow (Netflix is practically a slideshow unless you set your bandwidth to lowest quality, and even then you get A/V sync issues). The screen is fairly small, compared to some of the other newer Android devices out there, the camera is low quality, and the headphone output is extremely weak if you pipe it through your car's stereo.

Call quality is quite good, though. I returned it and bought a used Samsung Exhibit II 4G for the same price -- even new, the Exhibit II retails for only $30 more, and is a much nicer and MUCH faster phone.

I can't see paying more than $75 for this phone new. It would have been a great phone for $149 in 2009 or 2010, but it's not worth the money when there are better phones for near the same price point.
on June 29, 2013
I thought this was actually the real Prism--my bad for maybe not reading clearly or maybe it was really a "bate-and-switch"--but this phone is awful. I have had it for two months and I can't stand using it--very cumbersome to use. Most of all, the signal strength is very week, so I don't even get as strong a signal with this as with the old cheap phones. This influences the "hands-free" function in my car too. NO ONE can every hear what I am saying because the signal is so unclear. If I can return it (may be too late) I will.

Stay away from this piece of garbage.
on November 24, 2015
simple phone. i've been using it for 2.5 years and now i'm going to get another one. i wish it had more room to store texts and kept voicemails longer. my calls drop often but that's probably a t-mobile issue and not the phone's issue. if anything, my cheek probably hits the GIANT end call button that's on the center of the screen while i'm calling... fine otherwise for those who don't want a fancy phone.
on July 22, 2013
My Android died so I wanted to get something nice but simple and inexpensive. This phone had so many bugs and problems that I ended up having to find a new phone faster than I wanted because it wasn't functional. The screen quality wasn't good either. The only reason I gave it 2 stars was because I had a friend with the same phone and hers didn't seem to have as many problems. Save yourself the hassle.
on August 14, 2013
NOT A T-MOBILE its an off brand called HUAWEI, which is not stated in the info for the phone, you have to order a starter kit with a sim card before you can activate it, also not stated in the info on the site, & T-Moble cant port over all area code phone numbers so i lost my business line when I switched from a prepaid verzion :(
not happy about alot of things that they dont tell you before hand, but the phone is nice & works well
on November 8, 2012
I love this phone. This is my first android phone and I don't know why I waited so long. It's perfect for me and my needs. Love It.
on September 24, 2016
Software was old tried to update and phone permanently crashed. Didn't even get to use it.
on July 31, 2015
for a refurbished I am happy with this phone.
I bought it for no other reason than my last phone was 10 years old and didn't get the greatest reception where I needed it the most.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.