- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 2.2 x 0.6 inches ; 5.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B002L4F242
- Item model number: myTouch 3G
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,430,495 in Cell Phones & Accessories (See Top 100 in Cell Phones & Accessories) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
T-Mobile myTouch 3G Android Phone, White (T-Mobile)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 3G-enabled, Google Android OS-powered smartphone with vibrant 3.2-inch touchscreen; access to Android Market for downloading applications
- Compatible with T-Mobile's 3G network (available in select markets); T-Mobile's myFaves service provides unlimited calling to your five most called contacts
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g); GPS location services; 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth stereo music streaming, MicroSD expansion to 32 GB
- Up to 7.0 hours of talk time, up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, battery, charger, USB cable, 4 GB memory card, wired stereo headset, stereo headphone adapter, slipcase, screen protector, user guide (English/Spanish)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Stay connected on the go with the sleek, lightweight T-Mobile myTouch 3G, which combines full touchscreen functionality with fast 3G connectivity and a mobile Web experience that includes many Google tools you've come to rely on with your PC. Designed by HTC and powered by the open-source Android operating system, it offers an intuitive interface with an easily customizable home screen and the ability to personalize the myTouch 3G with a wide selection of free and paid downloadable apps via the Android Market.
The customizable home screen of the T-Mobile myTouch 3G.
The sleek, lightweight T-Mobile myTouch 3G with 3.2-inch touchscreen.
Powered by the Android OS, you can customize your myTouch 3G with thousands of apps available via the Android Market.
In addition to white, the T-Mobile myTouch 3G comes in black and merlot red.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the myTouch 3G offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. In addition to the vibrantly colorful 3.2-inch touchscreen display--which includes a virtual keyboard that orients automatically from portrait to landscape mode in most applications--the phone also includes a convenient trackball for more precise, one-handed navigation.
The myTouch 3G offers GPS location services for turn-by-turn directions using Google Maps and Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hot-spots while on the go. Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera for still photos and video capture, Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, a digital audio player (and easy access to Amazon's MP3 store with pre-installed app), an included 4 GB microSD memory card, and up to 7 hours of talk time.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. (Learn more)
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- myFaves capable (Learn more)
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels, 262K colors) with customizable, intuitive home screen.
- On-screen keyboard with built-in familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want.
- 3.2-megapixel camera with video capture capabilities
- Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and other third-party apps (for real-time directions). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
- Rich HTML email application seamlessly syncs your email, calendar and contacts from Gmail as well as most other POP3 or IMAP email services. The Gmail application provides features such as conversation view, spam filtering, search, and labels that Gmail users enjoy on their computer while offering new features such as integration with the phone's contact list. And it multitasks, so you can read a Web page while also downloading your email in the background.
- Full HTML Web browser enables you to view more pages and enjoy better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger. It also supports advanced text messaging features, enabling you to easily flag, delete or move groups of messages and keep track of group conversations through threaded text messaging.
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Google Calendar app syncs with the Web-based version, so any event that you add to your phone will show up on the Web-based Google Calendar (and vice versa).
- Voice-activated functions lets you control your phone with your voice.
- Organizer tools including calendar, calculator, and tasks.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- Caller ID pictures lets you see a photo of your caller to quickly decide whether to answer.
The T-Mobile myTouch 3G weighs 4.1 ounces and measures 2.2 x 4.5 x 0.6 inches. Its 1340 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time, and up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
T-Mobile myTouch 3G, battery, charger, USB cable, 4 GB memory card, wired stereo headset, stereo headphone adapter, slipcase, screen protector, user guide (English/Spanish)
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- Email, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
- myFaves Capable: This phone is compatible with T-Mobile's myFaves service, which allows you to call up to five of your most common contacts--on any network, even landlines--without using any of your minutes. Learn more about myFaves from T-Mobile.
Android OS and Market
The T-Mobile myTouch 3G runs the Android operating system, which provides easy access to a wide assortment of messaging tools and Google apps. With Android, you're able to richly personalize the entire theme of the myTouch 3G with new widgets, icons and wallpapers--which can be added directly on the home screen--in order to truly make it your own.
Your Home screen is wider than you'd think--simply touch and slide your finger to the left or right for more space.
Google Voice Search.
- Screen Customization: Put shortcuts to your favorite websites on your home screen. Add a widget to play music or access your calendar. Move your favorite apps onto your home screen from the application drawer and arrange them on multiple screens. It's your phone--made by you to meet your unique needs.
- Notification Pane: With your myTouch 3G, you can keep on top of your world like never before. The status bar is always updating across the top of your screen, and icons appear to let you know when new information has arrived. Just slide down the Notification Pane, see message details, and either respond with one touch or get back to what you were doing. It allows you to prioritize what needs your attention and when.
- Search By Voice: Find what you're looking for, hands-free. The built-in GPS knows your location. So when you say, "Pizza" you get your closest pizza places first. Search by Voice also comes in handy to help find long or hard to spell words, like amphitheater.
- One-Touch Google Search: T-Mobile created the myTouch 3G with Google tools seamlessly integrated, unlike any other phone. Put a One-Touch Google Search widget right on your home screen for instant access to your favorite websites. This easy access to Google Search ensures you get the info you want at the speed you desire.
- Sherpa, created by Geodelic, learns a person's likes and dislikes through behavior and user feedback, prioritizing recommended retailers, restaurants and attractions. Sherpa features a learning machine that automatically customizes itself to the user's preferences.
- imeem Mobile streams music customized to your tastes, recommending new songs and artists based on which songs you identify as your favorites.
- WorldTour puts live webcams from around the world onto your home screen.
- Phonebook offers an upgraded, more personalized phonebook for Android.
- FreshFace is a theme engine to further customize your myTouch.
- Movies by Flixster takes the aspect of movie reviews to the next level. Through integration with Facebook, you can find friends who also want to see that movie or read reviews from friends who have already seen it.
Customizable home screen.
The built-in GPS helps you pinpoint your location and find directions.
The free Sherpa app helps you find points of interest based on your location.
Discover more apps via the Android Market.
The T-Mobile myTouch 3G is pre-loaded with the Android 1.5 (Cupcake) operating system update, which includes the following improvements:
- Easy upload of photos to Picasa and videos to YouTube
- Spanish language support
- Edit multiple messages in Gmail
- Faster My Location acquisition in Google Maps
- Faster web browsing with smoother page scrolling
- Improved camera with faster start-up and image capture
- In-call keypad timeout to eliminate face dialing
- Internal memory: Flash 512MB; RAM 192 MB DDR (includes 64 MB baseband chip)
- Expandable memory/card slot : microSD up to 32 GB
- Phone book entries: Up to 10,000
- Email: Gmail client for Gmail only; separate email software app for accessing IMAP, POP3, Exchange mail
- Instant messaging: GTalk client for GTalk only; separate IM software app for GTalk, separate IM client: AIM
- Digital audio player compatibility: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WAV, AMR, OGG
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First of all, this phone is sleek. The styling is really nice and sexy. It could use a chrome band but that is just me being picky. Even the charger is cool (except the darn blue light is horrid at night--I had to put tape over it so I could sleep!).
Second, this phone is feature-rich and easy to use. Blackberries are a nightmare to do anything on (especially change the blasted ring-tones). This phone however, is a cinch to do everything. The menus are user friendly and simple.
This phone is fast. It does bog down at times but can be fixed with the free app "task killer free edition". Everything loads fast and runs smoothly. I downloaded about 7 things at once while listening to a song and playing a game. This phone is a pro at multi-tasking.
This phone is fun. I love the fact that Google Android allows ad's on their apps so the majority can be free. Some may hate the ad's but those people can buy the ad-less versions for a fee and those cheap people like myself will deal with the banner ad. It is brilliance. The app store is not as good at Apple's but is darn close. It definitely puts BB app store to shame. The beauty of the Android store is that you can buy an app, hate it and un-install it within 24 hours for a FULL refund!! WOW!
This phone is the best T-Mobile has, though not the best out there. It really is a good value too considering all the great apps and the fact that TMO has low prices in comparison to ATT and VZ. Make sure to purchase this phone WITHOUT a contract and pay for monthly installments on the phone with the even more plus plans. It will pay for itself in the 14th month and begin to save you $20 per month after that because the even more plus plans are much cheaper than the even more ones.
TMO's best (as of 12/18/09)
Google (remember, it has free navigation now!!)
Freezes up frequently unless you use task killer
Not enough chrome
No trackpad, just trackball
No pinch zoom
Screen not responsive enough
The darn charger has a nightlight! It is cool when you AREN'T trying to sleep!
REMEMBER: T-Mobile will ALWAYS waive your activation/upgrade fee if you ask and give you at least ONE free month of service if you are considering to switch to another carrier. Be sure to upgrade through the customer service number, you will have the best luck getting discounts. HAGGLING IS KEY!!!
Again, Even More Plus plans are $20 for the internet and $10 less for each anytime minutes tier, Even more are $30 and $10 MORE. You will save $20 per month by not signing a contract and paying full price for the phone by signing up for even more PLUS plans. Do your calculations and realize it will be cheaper to pay full price in the long run and begin to save you hundreds (they even have a monthly installment plan for their phones). GOOD LUCK ON PHONE SHOPPING!!
-There are a ton of apps.
-The cost of the T-mobile service is much cheaper than the AT&T rates.
-Where I live, T-Mobile coverage is very good.
-Fast networking speeds.
-Easy to search and download apps. Marketplace is even easier than the iPhone store.
-Sound is pretty decent, both via the headset and voice.
-If your phone is unlocked, when you are visiting a country abroad, you can replace the sim chip with a temporary chip and continue to use your phone in that country. I was able to do this while visiting Singapore. I LOVE this ability, which the iPhone does not have.
-Google voice search is included, and available right off the main screen.
-Enabled GPS makes for fantastic, easy searching, and works well with my running apps. It's able to map and track my position and speed.
-The newest version of Google Maps from the market place includes turn-by turn directions - my phone can double as a GPS (although the information is not *quite* as good as my Garmin).
-Can use a wireless connection instead of the 3G network - very easy to set-up. This has allowed me to use the phone abroad.
-If you don't clear your text logs, the texts will continue to be stored under the person's name who sent them. This is easier to navigate than having texts from unrelated people.
-Mobile uploads of pictures and video has worked well, and quickly.
-Can easily set up multiple alarms. Can even make them sound like the ring on your phone in order to scoot out of a date that is going poorly.
-Syncs well with Gmail calendars. (I haven't tried syncing with other ones).
-Portable, fits well in pockets or pocketbooks (even when I'm carrying a small clutch).
-Screen resolution is good; very easy to read e-books or PDFs.
-I was new to the virtual keyboard world. It took me about an hour or two to really be able to type with any accuracy when the phone was in the portrait position. There are different keyboard apps that actually work better (imho) than the one that is included the with phone.
-The battery life is pretty abysmal; GPS turned on makes it much worse.
-Leaving wireless connections up seems to drain the battery faster.
-Bluetooth functioning is different from any other phone that I've used. There is a setting where you can turn on bluetooth, set your phone to be discoverable, and pair the phoe with a bluetooth earpiece. After pairing, my other phones always "knew" when I had the bluetooth headset on, and automatically switched to use that when I turned on the bluetooth. With the MyTouch, you have to either keep the bluetooth setting on, or manually turn it on when you want to use the headset. For me, I leave it off, because it seems like having the bluetooth functionality drains the battery.
-There is a delay when using bluetooth; it takes 1 or 2 seconds after the call has been answered before the bluetooth headset "activates" for listening and talking.
-Camera does not have a flash. The camera takes terrible pictures under non-bright conditions (i.e. indoors).
-One of the biggest complaints I have is over the stupid design of the headset/earphone connection. There is not a plug for a typical headset or earphone jack; instead, the mini-USB port has a connector that is needed for a standard telephone headset/earphone. This means I have to keep a second adapter around for when I want to use my phone to listen to music and/or connect a headset to talk.
-I haven't found a way to delete e-mails I've read off the server, which means that when I refresh, the previously read e-mails show up as unread again. This may be a user error (if so, I'd love feedback about how to do that).
I have a pretty old Hotmail account that I set up, which had to be done "long hand" because the account was old. However, there were instructions to follow, so that was no problem. I was able to easily set up my gmail and Yahoo! accounts. I haven't experienced any long delays from creation to sending as other reviewers have reported. Occasionally, I run into a "connection error" where my inbox doesn't load properly. Usually a simple refresh will fix that problem.
Overall, I love the convenience of my MyTouch smartphone. I like being able to browse online while waiting in line or on the bus. I'd give it 5 stars if the battery life was longer; if the bluetooth connected seamlessly, and if they had a separate jack for headphones/earphones-microphone combo.
Keep in mind this is my second one. I traded the first one in under warranty. When I use the calculator it starts putting in numbers that we previously used if I just press a number key. I press 9 to save messages, it shows 7 and deletes them. To add insult to injury, Tmobile nickles-and-dimes customers by having them buy a 3.5mm cord to connect a headset. They could've just made it 3.5mm like every phone on the market but I guess Tmobile figures it doesn't make enough money selling the phone outright so it must resort to jacking you on ridiculous things!