- Weight: 15.84 ounces
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
T-Mobile myTouch 1.2 Android Phone, Black (T-Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Processor Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528 MHz
- Memory 512MB ROM, 288MB RAM
- Network HSDPA/WCDMA (900/2100 MHz, Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds)
- Device Control Trackball with Enter button
- Internal GPS antenna
The customizable home screen of the T-Mobile myTouch 1.2.
The sleek, lightweight T-Mobile myTouch 1.2 with 3.2-inch touchscreen.
Powered by the Android OS, you can customize your myTouch 1.2 with thousands of apps available via the Android Market.
In addition to black, the T-Mobile myTouch 1.2 comes in white and merlot red.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the myTouch 1.2 offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. In addition to the vibrantly colorful 3.2-inch touchscreen display--which includes a virtual keyboard that orients automatically from portrait to landscape mode in most applications--the phone also includes a convenient trackball for more precise, one-handed navigation.
The myTouch 1.2 offers GPS location services for turn-by-turn directions using Google Maps and Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera for still photos and video capture, Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, a digital audio player (and easy access to Amazon's MP3 store with pre-installed app), an included 4 GB microSD memory card, and up to 7 hours of talk time.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. (Learn more)
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels, 262K colors) with customizable, intuitive home screen.
- On-screen keyboard with built-in familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want.
- 3.2-megapixel camera with video capture capabilities
- Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and other third-party apps (for real-time directions). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
- Rich HTML e-mail application seamlessly syncs your e-mail, calendar and contacts from Gmail as well as most other POP3 or IMAP e-mail services. The Gmail application provides features such as conversation view, spam filtering, search, and labels that Gmail users enjoy on their computer while offering new features such as integration with the phone's contact list. And it multitasks, so you can read a Web page while also downloading your e-mail in the background.
- Full HTML Web browser enables you to view more pages and enjoy better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger. It also supports advanced text messaging features, enabling you to easily flag, delete or move groups of messages and keep track of group conversations through threaded text messaging.
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Google Calendar app syncs with the Web-based version, so any event that you add to your phone will show up on the Web-based Google Calendar (and vice versa).
- Voice-activated functions lets you control your phone with your voice.
- Organizer tools including calendar, calculator, and tasks.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- Caller ID pictures lets you see a photo of your caller to quickly decide whether to answer.
The T-Mobile myTouch 1.2 weighs 4.1 ounces and measures 2.2 x 4.5 x 0.6 inches. Its 1340 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time, and up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
T-Mobile myTouch 1.2, battery, charger, USB cable, 4 GB memory card, wired stereo headset, stereo headphone adapter, slipcase, screen protector, user guide (English/Spanish)
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- Email, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
Android OS and Market
The T-Mobile myTouch 1.2 runs the Android operating system, which provides easy access to a wide assortment of messaging tools and Google apps. With Android, you're able to richly personalize the entire theme of the myTouch 1.2 with new widgets, icons and wallpapers--which can be added directly on the home screen--in order to truly make it your own.
Your Home screen is wider than you'd think--simply touch and slide your finger to the left or right for more space.
Google Voice Search.
- Screen Customization: Put shortcuts to your favorite websites on your home screen. Add a widget to play music or access your calendar. Move your favorite apps onto your home screen from the application drawer and arrange them on multiple screens. It's your phone--made by you to meet your unique needs.
- Notification Pane: With your myTouch 1.2, you can keep on top of your world like never before. The status bar is always updating across the top of your screen, and icons appear to let you know when new information has arrived. Just slide down the Notification Pane, see message details, and either respond with one touch or get back to what you were doing. It allows you to prioritize what needs your attention and when.
- Search By Voice: Find what you're looking for, hands-free. The built-in GPS knows your location. So when you say, "Pizza" you get your closest pizza places first. Search by Voice also comes in handy to help find long or hard to spell words, like amphitheater.
- One-Touch Google Search: T-Mobile created the myTouch 1.2 with Google tools seamlessly integrated, unlike any other phone. Put a One-Touch Google Search widget right on your home screen for instant access to your favorite websites. This easy access to Google Search ensures you get the info you want at the speed you desire.
- Sherpa, created by Geodelic, learns a person's likes and dislikes through behavior and user feedback, prioritizing recommended retailers, restaurants and attractions. Sherpa features a learning machine that automatically customizes itself to the user's preferences.
- imeem Mobile streams music customized to your tastes, recommending new songs and artists based on which songs you identify as your favorites.
- WorldTour puts live webcams from around the world onto your home screen.
- Phonebook offers an upgraded, more personalized phonebook for Android.
- FreshFace is a theme engine to further customize your myTouch.
- Movies by Flixster takes the aspect of movie reviews to the next level. Through integration with Facebook, you can find friends who also want to see that movie or read reviews from friends who have already seen it.
Customizable home screen.
The built-in GPS helps you pinpoint your location and find directions.
The free Sherpa app helps you find points of interest based on your location.
Discover more apps via the Android Market.
The T-Mobile myTouch 1.2 is pre-loaded with the Android 1.5 (Cupcake) operating system update, which includes the following improvements:
- Easy upload of photos to Picasa and videos to YouTube
- Spanish language support
- Edit multiple messages in Gmail
- Faster My Location acquisition in Google Maps
- Faster web browsing with smoother page scrolling
- Improved camera with faster start-up and image capture
- In-call keypad timeout to eliminate face dialing
- Internal memory: Flash 512MB; RAM 192 MB DDR (includes 64 MB baseband chip)
- Expandable memory/card slot : microSD up to 32 GB
- Phone book entries: Up to 10,000
- Email: Gmail client for Gmail only; separate e-mail software app for accessing IMAP, POP3, Exchange mail
- Instant messaging: GTalk client for GTalk only; separate IM software app for GTalk, separate IM client: AIM
- Digital audio player compatibility: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WAV, AMR, OGG