T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill, Indoor Grill, Removable Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Plates, 4 Servings, Silver
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- First electric indoor grill that cooks by adapting its grilling cycles to the thickness of the foods
- 6 automatic cooking programs for Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat and Fish; Cooking surface: 600 square centimeter
- Easy monitoring of the cooking process with its preheating / ready indicator lights and audible beeps for rare, medium, and well done
- 2 cooking modes: 1 for frozen food and a manual mode so you can cook anything the way you want; Large juice tray and plates with an angle of 7° to ensure cooking juices run off.
- Die cast aluminum and removable nonstick plates for effortless food release and cleaning; dishwasher safe drip tray and plates; Refer the complete userguide before using the product
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
T-fal OptiGrill - Precision Grilling Technology
First electric grill with Precision Grilling Technology!
Cook food to perfection with T-fal Optigrill
Perfect grilling results from rare to well-done
With 'Automatic Sensor Cooking' technology, OptiGrill immediately detects the number of items on the surface. The indicator light and beep system enable direct monitoring for high-precision cooking, preparing meat just the way you like it: rare, medium, or well-done.
Automatic thickness measurement
Automatically adjusts to the right temperature for the size and thickness of any food type within the given programs.
Easy to clean
With removable dishwasher safe non-stick plates, cleaning your indoor grill has never been easier!
6 Cooking Programs and 2 Cooking Modes
The T-fal OptiGrill has 6 cooking programs (burgers, poultry, sandwiches, sausage and pork, red meat and fish) that automatically adapt the cooking process to each type of food and cook it perfectly. The 2 cooking modes: one for frozen food, and a manual mode allows for even more cooking versatility.
|Automatic programs description||Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat and Fish||Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat, Fish, Pork, Bacon and Shellfish|
|Manual mode temperatures||High||Keep warm-Low-Medium-High|
|Serving capacity||4 servings||6 to 8 servings|
|Automatic thickness measurement technology||✓||✓|
|Removable dishwasher safe plates||✓||✓|
|Recipe book included||✓||✓|
Prairie Town Whisky Marinated Steak
Buttermilk-Rosemary Marinated Chicken Thighs
Grilled Lobster Tails with White Wine Butter Sauce
Sundried Tomato and Balsamic Tofu Kebab
Compare with similar items
Cuisinart GR-150P1 GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless
Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Viewing Window and Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate, 6-Serving, Extra-Large Drip Tray, Stainless Steel (25361)
Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
Power XL Smokeless Electric Indoor Removable Grill and Griddle Plates, Nonstick Cooking Surfaces, Glass Lid, 1200 Watt, 21X 15.4X 8.1, black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Color||Silver||Brushed Stainless||Stainless Steel||Black||black|
|Item Dimensions||14.00 x 13.00 x 6.00 inches||15.98 x 14.60 x 7.87 inches||12.40 x 16.73 x 6.81 inches||19.75 x 3.38 x 13.06 inches||21.00 x 15.40 x 8.10 inches|
|Item Weight||11.60 lbs||13.30 lbs||8.14 lbs||5.50 lbs||15.47 lbs|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||aluminum||plastic|
Cook food to perfection with the T fal OptiGrill GC702D53 electric indoor grill. This indoor grill offers versatility and convenience for any grilled meals. Choose from six pre set programs: Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat, and Fish. The grill’s precision grilling technology with sensors measures the thickness of food for auto cooking based on the program selected. When the flashing light turns solid purple, the grill has properly preheated—place food on the grill, lower the lid, and it takes care of the rest. A cooking level indicator light changes from yellow to orange to red signifying the cooking progress with audible beeps that alert when food gets to each stage: rare, medium, and well done. Take food off the grill once it’s reached your preferred level of doneness. Along with the six pre set programs, the electric grill provides two additional cooking options: Frozen mode for defrosting and fully cooking frozen food and Manual mode for cooking vegetables or personal recipes. (Note: when preheating for a pre set program, keep the lid closed or the grill will automatically switch to Manual mode.) The OptiGrill features a powerful 1800 watt heating element, user friendly controls ergonomically located on the handle, and die cast aluminum plates with a nonstick coating for effortless food release. The slightly angled cooking plates allow fat to run away from food and into the drip tray for healthier results, and the drip tray and cooking plates are removable and dishwasher safe for quick cleanup. Housed in brushed stainless steel, the OptiGrill electric indoor grill makes an attractive addition to any counter.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
T-fal has to think of lifetime value of customers and put a bit more effort to get your business, instead of being so narrow minded and having automated emails answering your questions trying tonget you to give up on their faulty product.
Tefals website is outdated and there's no information about local centers, their support didn't pickup the line after being on hold for an hour. Think about that before buying
You will need something to use as a 1-1/2" spacer in the recalibration process. An oven mitt or hot pad, a rolled length of aluminum foil, or even a wooden spoon can serve as this spacer. The height of the spacer needs to be at least 1-1/2" and no more than 2" to properly align the plates:
For model GC702
1. Plug the unit in.
2. Press and hold for the following buttons at the same time for 3 seconds: Burger + Fish + Manual and release the buttons.
3. The Steak button will flash 3 times.
4. Once the Steak button is solid, open the grill, place the spacer between the grill plates and close the lid.
5. Press the Steak button once and let it go, it will flash 3 more times.
6. Open the Grill and remove the spacer, then close the grill.
7. Unplug the grill for 10 seconds.
8. Plug the grill back in and it should operate correctly.
If you have the OptiGrill with Ceramic Plates or the OptiGrill Plus - models GC704 & GC712 – please follow these additional instructions:
1. Press and hold the following buttons at the same time Burger + Poultry + Manual until the unit beeps and shows the blue light.
2. Open the lid.
3. If the unit light turns red open the grill and insert the spacer, close the lid until the light goes off.
4. Open grill and remove the spacer, close the grill and unplug for 10 seconds.
5. Plug the grill back in and the unit will be reset.
If in step 3 the light turns off, follow these additional steps:
1. Insert spacer
2. Close lid
3. After 3 seconds the unit light will turn green then beep.
4. Open lid, Light will turn red and the unit will beep.
5. Remove the spacer and close the lid
6. Press the power button 3 times, with each press the light will change from Yellow – Orange – Red.
7. Unplug the unit for 10 seconds.
8. Plug the grill back in and the unit will be reset.
Like many other reviews we have been plagued with the stuck in manual mode problem, this presents as one of the following:
1. When powering on the grill, the automatic cook mode lights flash letting us know we can select one. After a moment of flashing they stop, and it goes straight into manual mode with no option to select an automatic cook mode.
2. When using the automatic cook mode, after a few minutes of preheating the indicator turns red and has switched to manual mode.
We have also encountered a third issue, where a steak was cooked to past well done when the indicator only said it had just reached medium.
I believe all three of these issues are related to the units sensors, there are steps in the reviews to recalibrate the unit - but they DO NOT WORK for the OptiGrill Plus XL model. After calling T-Fal and receiving a different set of recalibration instructions, that failed to recalibrate the unit I was advised to exchange the unit.
When it does work in automatic mode (four times out of more than eight attempts in the last week) we had mostly positive results: amazing hot dogs, the best hamburgers we've ever had, juicy pork chops, and a very overcooked steak.
My hope is that we just received a lemon, the concept behind this product is great and as I mentioned it cooked the best hamburgers we've ever had - a blessing for someone that is very uncomfortable in the kitchen but wants to save money normally spent on eating out, and to start eating healthier.