Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 26, 2014
I used one of these over my shower and one over my sink. Initially, I was concerned that a single LED fixture couldn't put out enough light for my needs, but this worked like a charm. I installed a remodel IC housing from Halo, screwed the included adapter into the housing, and finally made the connection to the light. Presto! Let there be light! Bingo! Great Scott!

So... it wasn't all that eventful, but it works perfectly and puts out enough light to get the job done. I wouldn't say the sole fixture is enough to create "bright" conditions, but in conjunction with my kitchen overhead light, this does a good job of throwing the extra beams required to keep the sink lit while I do the dishes. If you really want BRIGHT, then use two over your sink. Same goes for the shower... I have an overhead light in the center of the room and only one of these targeted right over the 4'x4' shower. It casts enough light to keep the space well lit, but on its own it is more "moody" than bright.

If you are looking to really LIGHT UP A ROOM, then use several of these or try the T60 version. I installed 4 commercial electric T60 lights in my living room (~20'x20') and that was enough provide warm, easy light. T60 is a slightly whiter light (3000K vs 2700k) but the same 65watt equivalence. I am sure these T65 would have the same effect if you didn't care for the dimming function.

There is a very slight delay to from the flick of the switch to the activation of the light, but its milliseconds if that. Doesn't bother me at all given that I will never have to pay for another bulb and these cost NOTHING to run. I usually leave the sink light on when I am not home and my SDGE bill is ~$20/month for my three bedroom house with gas appliances.
on September 11, 2013
The primary energy savings from this design is not even mentioned by the manufacturer: a can light is a six inch hole cut into a cold attic. All winter long cold air pours out of the attic through the can light and has to be made up for by the furnace. This design seals the hole; the net effect of my (17) can replacement is that of shutting an open window. Ditto for the heat from the can lights during the summer, all of which has to be removed by the AC.

My (17) cans now use 1,000 less watts and have 3.3 SF less area open to the attic. They will pay for themselves in months, not years.
33 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 24, 2016
My initial idea with these lights was to replace incandescent PAR bulbs, which burn out regularly and aren't cheap. These are great for that purpose. The design seems good -- the LEDs have a large heat sink, so they shouldn't burn out prematurely. And this thing is BRIGHT and relatively inexpensive. I've put a half-dozen of these in my daughter's kitchen, and they're working great. They'll install as a retrofit in most ceiling cans, quite easily.
on January 15, 2018
Product fit perfectly and puts out a nice amount of light. We've replaced 7 recessed incandescent lights with these over the last 4 months and are pleased with the quality and light output. Easy to install.
on January 3, 2015
Recieved 7 units to replace incandescent bulbs in my kitchen. Install was a snap and the trim rings look great. My only disappointment was dimming. Presumably due to the efficiency of the led bulbs, even at the lowest dimmer setting the room is quite bright. I'm not sure if there are different dimmers with a wider range.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 23, 2013
Just installed a couple of these and was amazed how easy they are to install. Climbing the ladder is about the hardest part of the installation. The directions are easy to read and follow. No tools are required to replace existing incandescent units. (there's even a video on line if the direction are insufficient). The light they give is bright and intense. I replaced the switch with a dimmer - works great. Haven't has them long enough to comment on their 'life'. Easy to reccomend.
on May 4, 2014
These were super easy to install.
1. Unscrewed old light bulb.
2. Unclipped the two springs from the existing can trim.
3. Removed trim.
4. Screwed in socket connector.
5. Snapped cables together.
6. Squeezed springs and installed into can.

Of course, this was between follow all safety precautions, ladder, gloves, eye protection, turning off circuit breaker etc....

The unexpected part of this is that the BOX states that it's air tight, and when installing, it easy to see how the foam on the top edge of the trim will seal up against the ceiling. This feature should be in the product description, as I was not expecting this, but was looking for an LED replacement that would 'SEAL' me room off from allowing air to escape into the attic. Heat making light bulbs need to have some kind of air flow to keep them from melting, but these light stay cool to the touch. Also, the light is lower than most other lights I've seen, so it make a much brighter light throughout the room it is installed in. Now, I'm off to order 22 more of these to replace the rest of the can lights in my house. That would be the equivalent of closing an open window up into the attic. I figure that I'll save two ways: 1. Stopping loss of hot air, and 2. using much less electricity and having a much brighter than 65 watt light that is even!
on September 11, 2017
This light fixture was a replacement and it fit and worked perfectly.
on March 26, 2014
Replaced Incandescent 65w bulbs with these retro fit LED lights. Easy to Install, they look great, they are actually brighter than the incandescent bulbs I had. They also work with my standard dimmer. Installed 9 lights in under an hour. Very happy with this product.
on May 29, 2015
Amazing! The amount of power these LED's type lights consume is extremely low compared to a regular old light bulb ( mA's vs. amps! )
LED's are the future!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.