TARGUS Slim Case for iPad 3 - THD00602US
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transforms into a stand for hands-free viewing and a sturdy typing position Cover folds back
- Case is for Apple iPad 3rd Generation
- Converts to a stand to hold device upright for hands-free viewing of videos, online books, and more
- Easy to clean exterior
- Cut-outs allow access to ports and functions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Transform your iPad into a widescreen viewing experience with this convertible iPad case. The Targus Slim Case is top of the line in protection and functionality for the iPad 3. Lined with soft-touch material, this case will protect the aluminum back of your iPad by keeping it secure within the custom fit cradle. The Slim Case also has a padded outer shell which supplies protection against other bumps and scuffs. Made from a high quality water resistant material, the exterior wipes clean with water. Fold this case back to for two great viewing angles and one typing position. When you are wrapping up and taking your iPad with you, just fold over its magnetic flap and tuck your stylus in its own clever hideaway. This case gives you all you need in support, protection and entertainment.
Backup Battery for iPad
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Retention system allows access to full surface, something that I very much prefer (nothing obstructing any area of the screen, including the frame)
- Material is attractive as is the overall cover. Time will tell about durability.
- The angles that the cover holds the iPad in are good for viewing and typing (as I am now).
- There is a place to hold a stylus
- The magnetic trigger to wake/sleep the device doesn't work correctly. The magnet is near the correct location, so if I force it, the unit sleeps. However, as so as I let the cover relax to its normal position, the unit awakes. This will absolutely kill the battery in a backpack or briefcase as the movement of cover will wake/sleep the unit repeatedly. This is the biggest fault with this cover. The $15 cover I bought from a street vendor in Bangkok works better in this regard.
- The stylus holder location, with stylus installed, precludes laying the unit flat on a table if face up, and makes it more difficult to pack into a full backpack or briefcase. Obvious from the pictures, but notable.
Overall, it is an okay cover. I very much like the form factor, but some of the functionality is lacking.
The only other thing is that it would be great if Targus would offer a discount on the matching stylus if purchased together.
I have just received the second case in bone color and the auto open feature does work. Love the case so pretty!
After several corespondents about the model of the case and if I had the auto sleep function turned on my iPad they told me to send it in for a replacement. Not until they received my case did they inform me they no longer make that model and to choose another case. They had just a few choices none of which was what I wanted. When I ask them to just send my case back they informed me it had been destroyed. They knew the model number of my case well before I sent it in and should have checked and then let me know that they could not replace it then I could have sent it back to amazon. Now I'm stuck with a case I don't want or the cost of repurchasing it myself. Terrible customer support. I will no longer make any purchases from this company either for home or work.
The case barely fits the iPad 3 and even then the device slips out of the case way more often than it ever should, making the whole thing unstable. And the advertised "Magnatic-On/Off" doesn't work at all.
On the other hand, the case looks really nice; but that doesn't mean anything since the case is so useless. Which is pretty sad considering this is Targus, a company very well-known for their high-quality accessories.
For what it is, this is a pretty useless decent looking case. With all the flaws it has and the pretty unreasonable price, I'd recommend you go out and find another one.
The case overall looks nice, and is slim in my opinion. The iPad snaps into a hard plastic type case that holds the rim of the iPad. 3 out of the 4 clips look to be holding on well to the iPad, while the third seems like it doesn't have the strangest grip of the corner, but the iPad is pretty snug and fits well and doesn't give any slack when trying to pull on it.
All the holes lines up well with the iPad 3, no connectors are obstructed or speaker partially blocked, all seem perfectly aligned.
Some people have complaints about the magnet not locking the iPad when the cover is shut, which I have not had a problem with at all. I've only had this case for about a month now and the cover still looks brand new practically.
Overall this is a great case for casual use of the iPad and would recommend it to any friends that get it too. I will eventually be getting a stronger case for more heavy duty protection for time when I know I'll need it, but i'll be keeping it in this slim Targus case for the other 99% of the time.