TASCAM DR-40 Digital Recorder with Accessory Kit and 32GB Micro SD Card
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- TASCAM DR-40 4-Track Portable Digital Recorder with 4-channel recording
- Adjustable stereo microphones | Overdub mode
- XLR/TRS balanced MIC/LINE inputs with phantom power and +4dbu line level input
- Includes USB port to transfer files to computer
- Runs on 3 AAA batteries
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
The DR-40's four-track recording mode gives you several options to record, indicated by LEDs on the front of the unit. The 4-channel recording modes include:
- DUAL : Record a stereo signal with a copy of that stereo signal at a lower level. This gives you a safety track you can use in case the main recording is distorted. (See next section for more info)
- 4CH : Record the built-in microphones along with a pair of external mics, like close-up and ambient microphones. Or record the built-in mics along with a balanced line input, such as the feed from a mixer along with the sound in the room.
- OVERDUB : Play along with a recording you?ve already made to build up a full production or song demo
You can record up to four channels of 96kHz/24-bit audio. Mono and stereo recording is also available. Recording formats include MP3 (from 32 to 320kbps), WAV and Broadcast WAV formats.
Dual Recording Mode
Dual Recording records a second copy of your performance up to -12dB lower as a safety track. This mean if your recording gets accidentally distorted, you'll have a backup copy that isn't distorted. Dual Recording works in addition to the peak limiting and low cut filter features which also prevent distortion. The Dual Recording mode is perfect for recording your band live. Just set the unit to record and hit the stage without worrying about the recording getting blown out.
TASCAM DR-40 4-Track Portable Digital Recorder
TASCAM Instrument Accessory Kit for Handheld Recorders
SanDisk 32GB Ultra UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The kit this comes with however, it's mostly useless. The SD, charger and windsock are great but the plastic mic holder and case aren't ideal. The plastic mic holder is made of very lightweight plastic with plastic threads for the recorder which broke off almost immediately. The case will hold and protect the recorder but it will not fit most the the accessories that came with this kit, not to mention the cable adapters you will often need to plug into this recorder. At minimum, I would expect the case to hold the charger and windsock.
The unit is great, the items in the kit can probably be purchased separately with better results.