|Print List Price:||$16.00|
Save $4.01 (25%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
T'Ai Chi Ch'uan for Health and Self-Defense Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is perhaps the only Chinese-English translation of the advises and poems from the masters. It's the only one I am aware of. He not only translates it literally but figuratively as well.
I don't recommend this for a beginner.
For an intermediate student, this little book will become a valuable sources of reference. Contained here, are translations of the Taiji Classics. Mainly:
-The Tai Chi Chuan Classic,
-Wang Chun Yueh's Mental Elucidation of Thirteen Postures,
-Wang Chun Yueh's Tai Chi Chuan Treatise,
-Song of Substance and Function of the Thirteen Postures,
Each passage contains comments seasoned by T.T. Liang's many years of experience. The writings describe the appropriate weight distribution, posture, breathing, and sensations which a practitioner should feel if doing the form properly.
Definitely an eye opener for anyone who is serious about their study of Tai Chi Quan, and wants a deeper understanding of the forms and their applications.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness > Tai Chi & Qi Gong
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Martial Arts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Martial Arts