TC Electronic Vortex Flanger Pedal
- Tone print technology Enabled
- Classic flange and tape flange modes
- Intuitive yet deep control set
- TonePrint- instant access to custom pedal-tweaks made by your idols!
- True Bypass - zero loss of tone
- 2 Flanger types - wide range of sounds from classic rock rhythm to the roar of a 747 taking of.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
TonePrint means signature effects – and signature effects means truly creative tones. From classic innovators to the guys shaping the future of music, we’ve asked the coolest artists around to come up with their customized signature version of a TC ELECTRONIC effect – and make them available to you for free!
With the TonePrint Editor you have full control over all effects parameters – so you can create your own signature TC sound.
- TonePrint-enabled to let you beam cool signature tones into your pedal with the free TonePrint App
- Design your own customized flange effects from scratch with free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac and iPad
Outstanding TonePrint-Enabled Flanger Pedal with 2 Built-In Flanger Modes, Deep Control and Stereo I/O
An endless list of immortal artists have used the flange effect to create musical magic. From The Beatles to Pink Floyd to Van Halen, Metallica and the Red Hot Chili Peppers and beyond – thanks to VORTEX FLANGER, all of those sounds are instantly yours for the rocking!
• Classic flange and tape flange modes • Intuitive yet deep control set • Stereo I/O
- Outstanding TonePrint-enabled flanger pedal offers you 2 high-quality flanger effects
- Classic pedal flanger and tape mode settings provide you with everything from subtle tones to jet flanger swooshing to create with
- 4-knob interface allows extensive tonal tweaking while remaining highly intuitive to let you focus on playing
- True stereo I/O provides incredibly wide 3-dimensional tones
- True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off
- Optional buffered bypass mode prevents high frequency loss from long cable runs
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains total integrity of analog dry signal path even when flange effect is engaged
- Kill-Dry feature removes the dry signal path for use with parallel effects loops
Subtle Woosh to 747 Landing
The two modes in VORTEX FLANGER are a classic pedal flanger capable of giving you everything from suble chorus tones to classic Van Halen jet flanger swoosh, and tape mode, which gives you the psychedelic sound of the original flange tones of Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. And it does fantastic ‘through zero’ sounds too!
Famous Flange Flavors
VORTEX takes the great pioneers of ’60s and ’70s flange and adds a set of deep controls, allowing you to sculpt and time your flange sounds with great precision. This allows you to quickly dial through the rich history of the legendary flange pioneers, such as Hendrix and Van Halen – or sculpt your own twisted sounds!
The I/O You Know
VORTEX FLANGER has stereo ins and outs, which is really cool for dual amp set-ups, or a double combo attack where ultra-wide flange sounds are desired. Awesome – but not for the faint of heart!
True to Tone
You love tone, so do we, and our design philosophy testifies to that. So whatever route you wanna go, we got your back. With optimized headroom, True Bypass or Buffered Bypass switch and Kill-Dry on/off, this pedal guarantees optimal tonal integrity and zero loss of tone. And, no matter if the pedal is on or off your precious dry sound is always passed through the pedal unharmed in all it's pure analog glory due to an Analog-Dry-Through.
Compare with similar items
JOYO JF-07 Classic Flanger Metallic Flange Sounds Effect Pedal
Mooer Eleclady, classic analog flanger
MXR M117R Flanger
TC Electronic Viscous Vibe Pedal
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Contra Distribution||Gomusic||Music Buys||Photo Savings|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 3 x 4 inches||4.65 x 3.43 x 1.5 inches||1.75 x 4.25 x 2.25 inches||9.3 x 4.1 x 2.8 inches||5 x 3 x 3.31 inches|
An endless list of Immortal artists have used a flange effect to create magic. From the Beatles to pink Floyd to van Halen, Metallica and the red hot chili peppers - now, with Vortex Flanger all those sounds are yours for the rocking.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But I don't love it.
On a whim I bought an AA atr-5 (by Aroma?) For < $25. And I love that cheap analog flanger. And I find it difficult to dial in that wonderful 'cheap' analog sound on the Vortex.
The range of the Vortex controls go well beyond what I consider usable. It does NOT come with a manual. You can get the PDF online and I recommend downloading it. On most pedals knobs to the left means 'less' and knobs to the right means 'more'. But some of the knobs have a 0-point at 12 O'clock. For example the feedback control: turning it to the left gives you more 'negative feedback', not 'less' feedback.
You can also get some cool effects with the tap flange setting where you can get the range to cross-over the zero-point (using the delay time knob).
I found the toneprint feature not as responsive to my phone app as with other TC Electronics pedals.
I also found this pedal surprisingly loud.
If you know you want this pedal then it will work great. But if you aren't sure, you might try something cheaper.
Top reviews from other countries
It is sturdy and the footswitch is of the silent, non-clicky, type. There are lots of Toneprints available but, I just feel that flanging isn't that much of a versatile effect and therefore I returned it and purchased the Corona Chorus instead.
great value, even happier with this, able to create some interesting sounds!