Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TC Electronic FlashBack Delay and Looper Guitar Delay Effect Pedal
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: Flashback|style: Pedal|Change

on March 29, 2014
Cool piece, but mine came with a broken input jack and had to be returned for warranty repair. I have a friend with a different TC piece and his is also unreliable. Definitely a gorgeous looking unit, lots of useful sounds, just not sure I would make another purchase from TC until they get the quality control in hand.

I should mention the vendor did a great job delivering the unit on time and was helpful when I sought warranty repair.
on April 13, 2016
Out of all types of effects my favorite pedal is the Delay! It was a toss-up between the MXR Carbon Copy and Flashback. So I bought the MXR Carbon Copy because I love Analog units compared to Digital. But the Carbon Copy has it's limits. So when I saw the Flashback X4 on sale at Amazon for under 2 bills, I went ahead and bought it. From the first time I powered it up and played the first preset I was very impressed. After playing around with all the different delays and settings I was amazed how TC accomplished getting all the delays to sound so good! Don't get me wrong, the Carbon Copy is a great pedal also and I'm still going to use it with the Flashback, but now I have a wider variety of delay sounds to suit my playing needs. The only quarks I have with the Flashback X4 (but not really a con) is the unit is "BIG". Bigger than 3 normal size pedals. So it will take up a lot of real-estate on your pedal board, but that doesn't matter to me! Secondly, the looper function is pretty much useless for live use, but ok for practice. I would have rather see it eliminated and maybe some other functions for the delays added or better yet combine the HOF Reverb with it for a totally awesome pedal! Hint, hint TC! The Tone Prints available are really great. I use the Tone Print Smartphone App and it works great loading them. And I also use it with my TC Corona Chorus (which is also a great pedal). If I would have tried the X4 first I may not have bought the MXR but I'm glad I did and I love the MXR too. I'm also happy with the Flashback X4, I definitely recommend it!
on November 14, 2014
I tried a few different delays before settling on this one. My carbon copy sounded great, but didn't allow for enough customization. The time factor also sounded great, but had had too much customization for me. The memory man was almost 'too analog' for what I was looking for and didn't play well at all in my effect loop (Mark V). The Flashback has enough of a convincing analog setting, great digital sounds, and just the right amount of user customization to be useful. The presets are easy to set and the switches appear to be very sturdy. The looper is a great additional feature and decently featured itself. I like that you can set the loops with or without delay on them.
on September 16, 2015
Why did I buy this delay pedal? Because I heard how versatile it is compared to other delay pedals in the same general price range.
I really like the presets as it makes it easier to find a sound you are after. Yes, it has a steeper learning curve than some of the others but, then again, there are more complicated delays out there than the Flashback (like the Flashback X4).

The added feature of a looper is nice but I already have the Ditto X2 looper from this same company.

I have not used it yet but, I think the "tone print" feature that TC Electronic has on so many of their pedals is great if you like the sound of a certain artist and would like a shortcut to getting there....playing like that artist will still take hard work and dedication but you can at least get the sound they use while TRYING to get there.

It's great how this is responsive to your picking attack.

I would say this is definitely worth checking out if you are looking for a good sounding delay. I recommend first checking out video demos to see and hear it being used. I find that an excellent tool when looking for effects pedals (or many other products for that matter.
on June 7, 2014
This is a great pedal with many options and types of delays. You have many types as tape, delay, dynamic, and many others. The sound is great and the quality never gets lost.

The 40 seconds loopers is just amazing, you can loop over and over again and the sound never distors or gets lost, I am really amazed with this pedal;this is really a great buy.

Finally, just add the tone print which is really an innovation for this pedal and be able to download the sounds of great guitarrists and their exact tones is just great.

You won't regret buying this delay - looper.

Hope this works for you.
on April 2, 2016
I rated this 3 stars but first I will say that the sounds this pedal produce is definitely 5+ Stars! I gave it only 3 because of the functionality of the pedal. First, the tap tempo isn't global. It saves the tempos for each individual preset. I don't use a lot of crazy delays when playing live and if I do I am not changing to multiple delays per song. So the lack of global tap I can live with. Second, is that there are only three beat division settings. I haven't used the looper, and probably never will, so I can't comment on that feature. So those are my only two gripes. When I got this pedal I didn't know that TC made another delay pedal similar to this one except it doesn't have a looper and has many beat divisions to choose from. If I had known about that one, then I would have bought that one. All that being said, the pedal does sound great!
on March 27, 2014
This is far more pedal than I need but what a fun pedal to have. Just going through the presets was fun, but downloading and trying the stuff they have available online was even funner :) The bad part about this pedal is that it is HUGE and will take up a lot of space on your board. You have to be committed to dealy. You'll have 3 different presets available at one time from the footswitches. I can't comment on the looper as I never used it.
on August 2, 2014
Fantastic pedal. Great delay sounds and room for customization. Tap delay, oh yeah. Watch the presets because they memorize everything including the tempo, so when switching to different presets live, make sure to reset the tempo (unless you think so far ahead that it's already at the "right" tempo. Uhhh, sure)

Toneprint is great. There's a lot of "ehh.." sounds but there's some cool ones on the site and making them is all mo' bettah. Did I mention you can get chorus and flanger sounds outta this guy too? No? Oh. You can get fully customizable chorus and flanger sounds. Even some weird mashup stuff. That's what earned the 5 stars, the ability to dive in and get some really unique sounds past what a "just delay" pedal can give you.
on November 24, 2015
Absolutely the best I've heard. I've tried to go with economy delays Like NUX time core, Fender delay pedal , and even NUX time force everybody raved about . There is no comparison at all, its like a scooter compared to a Rolls Royce. Sound is studio quality , effect are spot on, and ease of use is just the wonderful array of musical ambiance this pedal delivers. So save your money get this delay and believe me it will change your venue for life.
on September 1, 2015
The delay sounds on this pedal are about as good as I could want. I can't really imagine this thing sounding better. This mini model is less convenient than the full size one, of course. You have to set the type of delay you want from your computer or by zapping the setting from your smartphone through your guitar pickup. Turning the knobs on the larger version is much easier than those methods-by far. I use the mini as my second delay-I keep it set up for slapback echo, and use the regular model for a longer tape-echo sound. You will not be disappointed.