TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Effects Processors
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Advanced harmony humanization and control options help the virtual harmony voices sound more human
- The Transducer algorithm can create megaphone effects, band limiting, distortion, radio voice effects and more for a modern or retro sound
- Chorus, detuned doubling, flange with pitch feedback and more are created in the µMod effect block
- Pitch correction keeps your vocals in tune
- Footswitch, volume pedal or MIDI remote control
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
When I got the new unit, I plugged it in and although there was still a very low level noise signal into my mixer, everything worked great, with strong output signal. Then yesterday, when I powered it on, the noise level more than doubled, and the output signal was very low. I had to crank the output gain up to +10. I also have very little mike input gain control, which makes me suspect the problems are in the mike preamp section. (Note that the noise is present even without a mike attached to the input).
I did get a support phone number after complaining on the TC Helicon Facebook page, but that was late Friday and they don't work weekends. I like the sound and features so well that I guess I'll be trying a third unit. Hopefully I can get one of three to work.
After discussion with a tech at Proaudiostar (which by the way is top notch to deal with) and also John at TC Helicon (also very knowledgable ), the 2nd unit is going back, and I've ordered unit #3. I don't want anyone to overlook the fact that the actual tones and voices this thing produces are far superior to anything else I've heard.Read more ›
I just wish the manual was more comprehensive...
The voice modeling feature works better than I expected. The vocal pitch shifting is very accurate and fairly realistic when certain presets or custom settings are used. There are a lot of useful built-in presets.
Programming the unit is pretty simple. The interface is well designed. There's very few times when I need to consult the manual. The screen is easy to see, and the names for the settings are pretty obvious.
The TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Effects Processor is a pretty fun musical effects unit. My kids enjoy all the voice changing capabilities it has. Some of the presets are quite hilarious, such as "ET Phone Home", which actually sounds pretty close to ET, and "Chipper Monk" which makes you sound like one of the chipmunk singers from Alvin and The Chipmunks. My favorite preset is "Swell Notes". This one uses a midi keyboard to play the notes used to create the voices. If used right, it can sound pretty realistic, like a small choir softly singing along with you. It's very useful musically.
The range of effects available is pretty wide. It can make a man sound like a woman, a child, a monster, a cartoon character, etc. Most of the voice alterations are pretty realistic, such as "Barbershop Trio", but some are also very unrealistic and quite interesting such as "Vocoda-Drone", which makes you sound like a singing robot.
I love the level of complexity available when I want to make my own custom voice. It lets you change all sorts of vocal features such as breathiness, growl, thick or thin neck, gender bending, etc.Read more ›
It came well packed and I got a very fair deal on it! Everything works properly. But I can see where doing custom things with my own voice will take some learning! But I would buy it again! And I recommend it to anyone looking for a voice processor!!!!
1. One reason I bought the VoiceWorks Plus was to create realistic harmonies, however, I do it the long way. After I set parameters for gender, timing, vibrato, etc., I play the lead vocal through the VoiceWorks Plus and manually perform a single harmony parts using a keyboard. I record the harmony onto its own track in my DAW, then edit the track to make it more realistic by adjusting things like pitch, volume, and timing on a note-by-note basis. I then repeat the process for each harmony part.
2. Another reason I bought the VoiceWorks Plus was for vocal special effects. For one of my studio productions, I needed to adjust the gender and quality of my voice to sound like different people calling in to a radio station, and the VoiceWorks Plus worked beautifully. It allowed me to change the length and width of my vocal chords to sound more like anyone from Lou Ferrigno to Lisa Simpson, without getting too alien or chipmunk. Obviously, this kind of heavy processing imparts a processed sound to the voice, so you couldn't apply it a lead dialog track. But the processed sound is masked nicely when you try to replicate someone speaking over a phone or two-way radio.
3. The last reason I bought this processor is one that TC-Helicon never touted or even bothered to demonstrate, so it went completely ignored by the recording industry: vibrato. The VoiceWorks Plus features the most realistic vibrato ever created for vocals. It's literally so good you can process lead vocal tracks with it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Believe the bad reviews - these are junk - unreliable.
Got mine from a studio as new and out of the box the unit was defective. Read more
This unit is way above my amateur level - I'm still in learning mode, not sure if I can use it effectivelyPublished on May 10, 2014 by Thuan Nguyen
I was expecting more from this unit based on reviews here on Amamzon. It's not so great, decent sound quality, some good compression and effects but be prepared to go thru a HUGE... Read morePublished on April 7, 2014 by NoName
I bought this unit when it first came onto the market. It requires alot of prograaming to get it set-up for a show, but it's very worth it. Read morePublished on June 4, 2013 by tonejunkie99