Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TDK 16X DVD+R 50 Pack Spindle, model # DVD+R47FCCB50*M
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on November 7, 2006
These TDK DVDs are always on sale (around $9 to $12), so the price enticed me to purchase and try them out.

I have an 8x DVD burner, so I was surprised when these TDK DVD+Rs burned at a maximum of only 4x, which is considerably slower. I've checked with an expert, and they've told me it's about the compatibility of the DVD media with the DVD drive being used. So obviously the TDK DVDs aren't compatible with all drives, and you may end up burning a disc at slow speeds like me. The surface of the discs have a grey color to it, which I like very much. Markers used to write on it really stand out, especially colored ones.

I have had no other problems with these discs. Everything I have burned onto them turned out great, with no errors or skipping of any kind. If it weren't for the slow burning speed, I would absolutely be a lifelong TDK user. Let's hope they produce better versions soon!
55 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2015
I'd never used these particular discs, but I'm a brand new loyalist now. I went through the entire spindle and didn't have a single bad burn. I'm about halfway through my second spindle and so far, so good. Both spindles arrived on time and in good order. Highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2008
this is one of the better DVD+R. for me using Nero & Toaster, my coaster percentage is ~5-10% after 50 burns. packaging is weak and, sometimes, it breaks in transit, giving you some scratched DVDs. though this is a random thing and a transportation thing, not the DVD per se.
on March 8, 2016
These work great. They're shiny like they are supposed to be and hold data like they're supposed to do. The ones that don't work make great coasters or mini Frisbees for the kids. Can't complain at all about them.
on May 23, 2010
I bought these DVD+Rs when they were $10.99/50 + Free super Saver...They are very durable, havent burned one coaster yet, and dont have half the top side covered with their name (like the verbatims and HP ones do; makes it hard to label when half the side has VERBATIM written on it.) Some people say tdk are low quality and have burning issues, but if you have a DVD recorder that isnt more than 5 years old, you should have no issues whatsoever. Memorex, which seem to make a good dvd+r as well, are about 3/4 as thick as these are it feels..which means the tdks are thicker and more durable. Although i havent had a dvd i burned using one of these for more than 2 months, i have a good feeling my data and videos will be safe for years to come. Best Deal on Amazon...Search for the TDK 100pk DVD+Rs, its going for $22.99 + Free Shipping.
on August 12, 2014
I prefer TDK media, I have less errors and less bad disc messages. I used TDK cassette tapes back in the day and their same commitment to quality appears here in these discs. Of course getting them through Amazon is easy and they are shipped quickly.
on February 2, 2009
These disks are, without question the worst disks I've ever used. I have almost a zero failure rate with any other brand, but these disks have nearly a 100% failure rate. Out of the 32 disks I've used only 1 was able to complete. It is during the closing out process that suddenly it can't be read. Avoid these things at all cost. The small savings is not really saving you anything.
on December 3, 2011
I have always trusted and used TDK DVD blanks be it DVD+R or DVD+RW disks. As with any DVD disks you WILL get a few coasters from time to time, but I am proud to say, with TDK the bad disks have been few and far between. I've been using TDK for the last 2 to 3 years and prefer it over the bigger name brands that cost a lot more.
on April 11, 2011
This is my fourth pack of TDK brand DVD+ writeables, and I have not come across a bad disk yet. Everything I record on them comes out excellent; Also, you cannot beat the price on these guys, i.e., a 50 pack of 4.7 gig capacity for $11.00 when just a few months ago Walmart was selling a 25 pack of these same disks for $25 bucks - way to go Amazon!
on September 14, 2008
Works great and not covered with printing on the surface so you can write on it with a Sharpie.