|Item Weight||8.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.2 x 6 x 1.2 inches|
|Item model number||7989|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Warranty Description||Always Guaranteed: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
TEKTON 7989 10-in-1 Pocket Multi-tool
|Price:||$21.80 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 10 tools in 1: pliers, wire cutters, knife, awl, slotted and Phillips screwdrivers (3), file, saw, can/bottle opener
- Stainless steel tools resist rust and corrosion
- Anodized aluminum handles have soft rubber grips for sure, nonslip control
- Spring-action pliers return to open position, reducing hand fatigue
- Always Guaranteed
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier [22-01471]
Gerber Dime Multi-Tool, Black [30-000469]
Leatherman - Squirt PS4 Multitool, Black
Leatherman - Wingman Multitool, Stainless Steel
Stanley 84-519K 12-in-1 Multi Tool
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||FREEDOM Stock||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Hardware Sales Inc.||PAFulfillment||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 9.25 x 1.25 in||1 x 3.5 x 6 in||4 x 2.75 x 0.6 in||2 x 3.2 x 3 in||1 x 3.8 x 2 in||5.5 x 8.3 x 2 in|
|Item Weight||0.55 lb||0.56 lb||2.2 ounces||1.9 ounces||6.88 ounces||0.71 lb|
Compact and easy to carry, the TEKTON 10-in-1 Pocket Multi-Tool is loaded with commonly used tools to keep you prepared on the road, on the job, or adventuring in the great outdoors. Made of stainless steel, these tools resist rust and corrosion from the elements. Built around powerful, spring-action pliers with wire cutters, it features a knife, an awl, three screwdrivers, a file, a saw, and a can/bottle opener. Lightweight aluminum handles have soft rubber grips for sure, nonslip control, even with wet hands.
10 Tools in 1:
- Wire Cutters
- 2mm Slotted Screwdriver
- 3 mm Slotted Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Can/Bottle Opener
Take the TEKTON 10-in-1 Pocket Multi-Tool everywhere you go and be ready to take on anything.
The versatility of the TEKTON 10-in-1 Pocket Multi-Tool make this the first and last tool you'll grab in a pinch when working on a construction project, at home, on the road, or out camping. It features 10 tools in 1: pliers, wire cutters, knife, awl/knife, 3mm flat screwdriver, 2mm flat screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, flat file, saw, can/bottle opener.
It gets the job done with its rugged, corrosion-resistant, stainless steel construction and durable anodized aluminum handles. It's also effortless to use. Spring-loaded pliers handles reduce user fatigue, and non-slip handle grips make it comfortable to work with.
Our philosophy: world-class support for the price of a tool. We want you to spend time on your project, not talking to us. So we strive to provide tools and support that consistently exceed expectations. If you need a replacement tool or part for your TEKTON product or have a product support question for us, simply call 888-648-3371 to reach a TEKTON support specialist in Grand Rapids, Michigan or email email@example.com.
In ancient Greece, a "tekton" was an artisan, a builder, a doer. Sound familiar? Whatever comes along, your instinct is to take it on. TEKTON hand tools are made for the serious tool user, who takes on life's projects with gusto, but without an unlimited budget. For the price of a basic hand tool, we provide well-designed tools and hassle-free support that consistently exceed expectations. What's more, we work hard every day to listen to your feedback to continually improve our products. Build it, fix it, remodel it, or restore it — whatever there is to do, pick up TEKTON and Take It On.
7989 10-in-1 Pocket Multi-Tool
At a Glance
- Rugged, corrosion-resistant stainless steel construction
- Durable anodized aluminum handles with non-slip grip
- Spring-loaded pliers handles for reduced user fatigue
- Easily folds and snaps into a compact pocket size
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Stiff to open, but not terrible. It won't accidentally shut or open on you easily.
- Has a rubber grip for the pliers.
- Pliers are strong! They don't feel like they'll chip or break, even if you abuse them. I'll update if this changes.
- Wire cutters work well. I actually tested them on cardboard. Cut through like butter. Has a scissoring action which I like.
- Bottle opener - it works. Just be weary of the can opener part on it.
- The saw has two rows of teeth; haven't tested it yet though. Looks sturdy though.
- No rubber grip for the tool when it's folded up - in other words, if you need to use the knife, it's uncomfortable to use
- Both knives are terrible. They need sharpening.
- You have to move tools to get to some of the inner tools sometimes; they're packed tightly.
- Sometimes if you move one tool, they all move, although this seems to be slowly working out.
Overall, if you need the tool just for a sturdy pair of pliers and some okay back up tools, it's great. However, I would definitely supplement it with another knife or sharpen the knives that come with it.
Pros: - It's cheap, it won't break your budget in the least.
- This tool measures about the same dimensions closed as a Leatherman Super Tool 300, in fact, I put it in a SuperTool 300 leather sheath.
- The knife is fairly sharp out of the box. I'm sure if you put it on a stone or sharpener it would get a better edge.
- Using the pliers, the handle feels nicer on your hands than the all metal handles of other multitools.
- The pliers look fairly okay, the serrations are pretty sharp though, a sign that it is, well...cheap.
- I like the spring action pliers, reduces the need to manually open them.
- The little click when folding it out and closed it nice.
- The fold out tools, i.e. knife, screwdriver, etc, are accessible with tool closed.
Cons: - Amount of play in the tool. When fully open, the joints have a fair amount of play for being new. This also transfers over to the other fold out tools, i.e. knife, screwdriver, when open.
- No lock open mechanism. If you've ever had a knife close up while your cutting something, you'll appreciate why I put that note on here.
- Pliers do not match up correctly, leaving only the tips of the pointed serrations to touch, even that, they do not touch completely across, so about 3/4 of the plier surface actually makes contact.
- The rubber on the grips already has a loose spot, after only about 20 minutes of playing with it.
- Every tool is smaller than any other tool I've owned. I'd compare it to a swiss army pocket knife in a full size multi tool body.
- The knife blade isn't real sharp, and given it's weak size, will probably be a stab wound hazard for me.
Other Thoughts: It's okay for the reasons I had in mind when I purchased this. I wouldn't trust it to get me out of any type of jam, except maybe to open a letter, package, or maybe use the pliers to remove a hook from a fish. If you purchase, I would caution against throwing any type of heavy torque into it. If you are planning on those types of applications, I'd look at the better made and more expensive brands. All in all, I bought it to cut cardboard, letters, packages from my massive amount of amazon orders rather than chew up my more expensive tools, and I think it'll fit that purpose. It's definitely lightweight. Turns out, that review I read somewhere else is spot on.
Recommended? To someone who's getting into tools, this is a good one to see the cheaper ones and how to recognize quality. Also, as a 1st one for your kids who know how to not cut themselves, this probably wouldn't be bad. Also I'd recommend to someone intending to use it as a slop tool to cut cardboard, paper, other lightweight/blade dulling applications rather than chewing the expensive ones up.
Hard to tell if this would be something I would take on an expedition, but as a desk drawer and glovebox backup, its perfect.
The tool is quite aesthetically attractive and at a very nice size, not too small or too large. The tools do their jobs but I wonder how they will wear over time. The knife blade is rather dull and smallish which causes me concerns. However, the other tools seem adequate.
This would be a good buy for a young scout type or a person on a budget. However, for a highly dependable multi-tool you'll need to look at the more costly versions made by Leatherman, Gerber, Victronix and the like.
For this price, it's hard to beat as a back up/alternate for some basic tools.