Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Ba...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 23% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
|Price:||$53.92 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.07 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- GREAT BACKPACKING SLEEPING BAG: Lightweight mummy-style bag; Perfect for backpacking trips during most camping seasons; only 2.9 pounds (1.4 kg)
- ROOMY MUMMY BAG: Longer and wider size fits more body types; Size 87x32x22 inches (221x81x56 cm); Mummy hood keeps head or pillow off the ground; Interior pocket zips to safely hold electronics or wallet
- ADDED COMFORT: Breathable, soft, double-brushed liner for a more comfortable night's sleep; Survival rating is +20 degrees, for comfort try a bag with 15-20 degrees lower survival rating like the TETON Sports Tracker +5F or LEEF 0F
- EVEN MORE FEATURES: Foot box design provides comfort for toes even when lying on your back; Full-length zipper draft tube keeps the cold air out; Diamond ripstop shell is water-resistant and doesn’t tear
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: TETON Sports’ AMAZING customer service team is one YOU CAN COUNT ON to get your products taken care of and get you back OUTDOORS; #getoutdoors with TETON Sports
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
|Journey +40ºF||Trailhead +20ºF||Tracker +5ºF||LEEF +20ºF||LEEF 0ºF||Tracker Double-Wide +5ºF|
|Dimensions (in inches)||90" x 33"||87" x 32" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 34" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 34" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 34" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 63" (at the shoulders) x 44" (at the foot)|
|Color options||Red/Grey||TETON Orange/Grey or Green/Grey||Red/Grey or Green/Grey||Green||Black||Red/Grey|
|Temperature rating (Fahrenheit)||+40ºF (Summer Sleeping Bag)||+20°F||+5ºF||+20ºF||0ºF||+5°F|
|Pack weight||2.3 pounds||2.9 pounds||4.1 pounds||3.5 lbs||4.2 lbs||8.2 pounds|
|Pack size (in inches)||11" x 6" x 6"||14.5" x 6.5" x 6.5"||15" x 9" x 9"||14" x 8" x 8"||15" x 9" x 9"||18" x 10" x 10"|
You will love the TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Bag. Exceptional quality at a low price and so much more! It’s incredibly lightweight (only 2.9 pounds) and built for your comfort, because all you really want out of your sleeping bag is the best night’s sleep after a long day of hiking and exploring.
So how does it do it? To start, it’s filled with our innovative micro PolarLite insulation to keep you warm—rated to +20F (which is still below freezing). The built-out foot box provides a comfortable area for your feet so you can get that amazing night’s sleep.
The TrailHead +20F is so well built, you’ll tell all your friends about how much sleeping bag you got for your money. Made from a sturdy 75D diamond ripstop that is water resistant and won’t tear, even if punctured. Taped, anti-snag zippers are easy to close from inside or outside of bag. Also includes a secure interior zip pocket for wallet or keys. The mummy-style hood contours your face and can cinch down tightly for added warmth. The full-length zipper draft tube keeps the warm air from escaping.
Each bag comes with it's own matching stuff sack.
Top customer reviews
It comes in a stuff sack, and is a decent size on it's own.
I bought a Small sized Nelson-Rigg Compression sack, and I recommend that as well for this bag. It gets this back down to the size of a cantaloupe.
Size: This bag is plenty big/comfortable. I'm 6'1" 200lbs and had no problem. It packs down to a pretty small size using the included stuff sack--small enough to fit in the lower sleeping bag compartment of my Teton Sports Explorer 4000 backpack ( [...] ).
Construction: on par with the rest of Teton Sports other gear. For those who don't own anything from this brand, Teton is all about good quality for a good price. It may not be the fanciest, or absolutely top of the line, but its definitely quality stuff. THE INSIDE MATERIAL OF THIS BAG IS VERY COMFORTABLE. I hate that slick sleeping bag material. Luckily, this bag has a softer more sheet like material on the inside.
Temperature rating: WORD OF CAUTION...per Teton's website, their temperature rating is a survivability rating rather than a comfort rating ( [...] ). For a comfort rating they say you should add 20 degrees. So, this bag may be more like a 40 deg bag when compared to bags standardized to the EN 13537 rating system ( [...] ). Knowing this, I went ahead and purchased a Teton Sports bag liner ( [...] ) which they say should add 10 degrees (my goal was to have a 20-30 deg bag). On my first and only trip so far with this bag the lows were in the high 40's and I slept fine, I do tend to be a hot sleeper though. We'll have to see how it does in colder weather.
Conclusion: Overall, I'm pretty happy with this purchase. I also bought a storage bag for it ( [...] )--since sleeping bags should be stored uncompressed or hanging. Even with the liner and the cotton storage bag I still came out spending about 1/2 of what I would have at REI for a 20 deg bag. I'll update the review after I've had chance to use it more often/in colder weather. Hope you find the review helpful!
My only complaint is if your over 6ft tall, your not going to fit well, especially if you have long arms, its going to be quite cramped.
I received the bag this week and immediately wanted to test it. Thankfully we had some mid-20 temps recently, so it made for a perfect testing ground. When I went to bed, it was in the upper-30s and by dawn in the mid-20s. The details on prepping for the evening: I put on a dry base layer (long sleeve top, long john pants, fresh wool socks and a stocking cap). I also slept on an inflatable pad. I was thinking about trying a liner, but I wanted to test the bag for it's rating and that's what I did. More details on this test:
- For size comparison, I am 6 foot tall and weigh about 195. I wear a 42-L jacket. I'm not a huge guy, but not small either. This bag comfortably fits me.
- The inner bag material isn't slick or slippery. I was actually concerned about this, but it made it easy to move around because the bag stays with your body as you turn.
- The footbox has plenty of room, so your feet can move around without feeling cramped or having too much area to move around.
- I hung the bag from the loops when I got it out of the box and slept in it the next night, there were no cold spots to notice. Store with the loops if you can (read the directions for any bag for storage).
- Really liking the mummy hood drawstring. My old bag has a shoulder and hood drawstring. This simplifies the process and doesn't feel like you're going to hang yourself in the middle of the night adjusting.
- The temperature rating does seem to be fairly accurate. I was not cold at 26-degrees (which is what it got to during my test), but I would say that if I were going to go too much more, I'd add a liner. Seems accurate.
- Comes with a stuff sack.
- Read the care directions if you are considering it, e.g. don't put in a washing machine.
Here's the deal, you want to go down and expensive, go that way. Want a synthetic that is of reasonable price and that comes as advertised, this is the bag. I'm interested to find out how it holds up over time, but from everything that I can see to date, this bag is going to be a great investment. Item is as advertised. Happy trekking.
Will update as necessary as I use on the trail.
I had a minor issue with the bag. I contacted Teton Sports and they resolved the issue immediately. Another great reason to buy this bag. I still like this bag a LOT.
On the flip side, it's great in the summer. I don't overheat. You can unzip it to cool off. The inside is nice and comfy.
It's shockingly compact compared to other bags with similar ratings (nearly half the size of an expensive 10F bag I have) and very light at 3.5 pounds. Great for entry and mid-level backpacking. The material is comfortable and the price is incredible.
If you're doing the PCT you'd want something more, but for the average camper and backpacker this is a GREAT three season bag. Even ultra lite hikers might be impressed. I certainly was.