Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on April 20, 2016
I love these books, they are a staple of my childhood that I still thoroughly enjoy (on a deeper level) as an adult. They're tales of veterinary medicine of century past, but they're situations that still happen every day.
on November 24, 2012
Seemed hard to find the complete set. This is it and my daughter seems to like it just fine. Nothing special about the quality of the binding or pages, but that is not what I was looking for. Just wanted the complete set for a reasonable price, and I found it here.
on May 25, 2014
I love James Herriot and his stories of his life and the lives of the people he was able to help when he was a country vet.
It's heart warming and excellent for sharing with your children. Reading it will make you laugh and cry ... very touching.
on August 11, 2014
Bought for my granddaughter in the USA aged 7. She is up to book three and loves them, loves all animals and would like to become a vet hence these books. (She hates cats)>
on January 18, 2013
This was bought as a present for my sister. Luckily, in my family all things deemed "good reads" are shared. It's a bit of a different read then those released in the U.S. I am happy with all aspects of it. The price, the shipping etc.
on October 28, 2013
You can't go wrong with James Herriot. This is a set for casual reading. It's not fancy or super high quality but it is nice. I have two large volumes by JH but this set with smaller books is easier to carry around.
on November 25, 2016
These are wonderfully poignant and funny animal stories by a Yorkshire veterinarian. So entertaining.
on March 24, 2017
Great very happy
on December 24, 2010
I had read this series when I was young and I always have remembered it in my heart and soul as something greater than great. James Herriott helped me in childhood and now that I am reading the series again, as an adult, he still thrills me to no end. His books are for the masses no matter how small, big, young, old, male and female. I have learned patience and love of animals and people who love their animals, once more. I believe I always did love all creature great and small all these years because of James Herriott but now I am revitalized and very happy to have found him and returned to that mindset, ever stronger in my soul. I wish he was still around so I could have thanked him. Thank you, EAL
on February 8, 2014
My mom encouraged me to read.James Herriot stories kept me interested.Now as an adult I will have my own collection to share with my niece,who is 8 years old and wants to be a vet.