Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 22, 2007 4:20:56 PM PDT
I've been waiting and waiting for Dr. Robert Sears' Vaccine Book to be published, so I could shout from the rooftops about how AWESOME and life-changing this book has been for me and my family!!!!!!!

We've been going to the Sears' pediatric office for over a year now. I asked Dr. Bob (Robert) about vaccines at our first appointment (because that was a big concern of mine, since I had recently realized that Hep B is a sexually transmitted disease or is also aquired through drug needles, and my kiddos had received that vaccine within 24 hours of birth AND had received boosters not long after as well, and that is totally unacceptable to me now that I realize it!). Dr. Bob gave me his manuscript (of this book) to read, and then I attended a vaccine seminar that he offerred.

I'm sure the manuscript has been edited throughout the publishing process, but I imagine the book is very close to the manuscript I read. This book is really a great resource - and I think EVERY parent ought to read this. It is written on a parents' level (it is extremely educational, but also easy to understand), and it includes all the information you need in order to make an informed and educated decision. It is unbiased - you will not get an author's opinions shoved at you, rather you will get information and you will get guidance on how to make a decision based on your family's situation/beliefs/concerns.

Dr. Bob lists each disease and the vaccines available for that disease. He talks about the disease: what it is, why it is and isn't a concern, if it even occurs nowadays, etc. He also talks about the vaccines: ingredients, why those ingredients are of concern, the effects of those ingredients on our kiddos, etc.

He also talks about things you can do to help prevent your kiddo from getting those diseases in the first place (ie: breastfeeding, not doing daycare, etc.).

I HIGHLY recommend this book. I think that after you read it, you'll agree that it should be at the top of ANY reading-list for someone trying to learn about vaccines (especially for their chidlren)! I had tried reading other books out there about vaccines (and digging through some websites), but I was so turned off by how biased they were. This one is fantastic because of the lack of bias and the fact that it's so forthcoming with information that we all need in making this decision. After I read this book, I felt (and feel) confident in my decisions regarding vaccinating (or not vaccinating, or selectively vaccinating) my kiddos.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2007 12:24:55 PM PDT
I can't wait to get my copy of this book. I saw it reviewed in a baby magazine and wanted it right away. My son just turned 1 and we decided not to get him any of the vaccines this time around. My child's doctor advised otherwise and I didn't really feel armed with the right information to give a good reason why. I hope this will help make things clear!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2007 9:03:44 PM PDT
I heard Dr Bob Sears speak in July at the La Leche International Conference on this topic. Based on that, I am ordering this book for my daughter who just gave birth to our first grandchild 2 weeks ago.

Our family is in the uneviable position of having seen and lived with the permanant effects of both diseases that can now be prevented by vaccines and permanent, severe effects of a vaccine (athough one that is no longer given, at least in the US; I cannot speak about other countries). What we desire most is for parents to have available to them accurate information so that they can make decisions based upon their children's individual situations.

I believe this book can contribute to that.

Anne in Memphis (who is loving being Meme to Will)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 22, 2007
Latest post:  Oct 13, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about