Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 7, 2013
I got in late on the game series, but it's more than I imagined. Think Legend of Zelda and Devil May Cry somehow conceived a child. Then that child was only raised on the book of revelations. So think dark, post-apocalyptic atmosphere.

With that said you play as War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Without going into too much detail War is framed for bringing the apocalypose to earth too early and is on a quest to prove his innocense and regain his status and power. You venture into different areas/dungeons, gain new upgrades and equipment, as well as learn more of the plot behind the scenes.

This game has aged a bit, but not like Final Fantasy 7 or Half Life. Pick it up if you're considering playing the second and was into the story. (Second plays a lot smoother.)
on September 12, 2017
This is an old game now but when it was released the graphics were awesome and the game had good puzzles that could be a bit of a challenge for some. The length of gameplay was good, the story was even better, the characters were well developed and the voice acting was good as well. What more can you ask for?
on February 3, 2013
I don't usually like console to pc ports due to control issues and I prefer first person to third person perspective. That being said, this is a very good game. The graphics are top notch and the story line is interesting. Voice acting is excellent and the music fits in very well. The numerous 'Jumping' puzzles can get a little annoying but overall are well done. The cut scenes are good but the opening scenes to boss fights can become tiresome especially after the 8th or 9th attempt to defeat them. Tiamat for example. Lots of side quests, lots of puzzles and lots of adversaries. Good fun, and, unless you cheat, you can easily spend 50 to a 100 hours playing this game. (getting help is cheating). I strongly recommend Darksiders. By the way a second play through is still fun.
on April 22, 2012
I was a little hesitant to buy this game, but when it went on sale for $5 I just couldn't resist. So glad I gave in! This game is phenomenal! Yes, it does heavily rip-off God of War, Zelda and even Metroid a little, but if you're gonna rip something off, why not do it to critically acclaimed AAA series? This game is a port of the console version, so the graphics won't blow you away if you have a high-end PC, but the framerate is smooth and the graphical detail is still better then the console versions. All in all I found this game to be strangely addicting and I get sucked into and play for hours straight. Haven't been so engrossed in a game since God of War 3. This is a must play in my opinion and I can't wait for Darksiders 2 :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 10, 2014
This game is known for being a really bad PC port in terms of graphics options(there are none). If you are okay with lower res textures and bad shadow effects with no anti-aliasing then this is an awesome game. The game doesn't look bad though, just decent. Running it on older hardware shouldn't be an issue, and I'm playing it on Windows 8 just fine. I've had 2 crashes, both were from the main menu so I didn't lose any game data(phew).

Does have some awesome gameplay though, reminds me a lot of God of War, maybe with a bit more platforming. Lots of weapon combos, nice mix of enemies(although some pretty basic A.I.) Fast-paced combat.

I would highly recommend a PC controller of some sort for this, It's a console game ported to PC, like most it works pretty bad with a mouse/keyboard.

But for it's price at the time I wrote this(10 dollars) it's a more than fair purchase, very fun to play.
on April 19, 2013
This game is a puzzle, platformer, hack n' slash. It is like if you crossed Legend of Zelda with God of War.

You travel from one area to another finding hidden items. These items allow you to solve puzzles and reach new paths in previous areas.

The game's combat is like a cross of LoZ and GoW. Lock on to opponents and strafe around them to dodge and attack. Then juggle them in the air with spectacle combos and finish them off with gruesome quick time events.

Bosses are interesting and very from huge to "Wholly crap that is building on legs coming towards me."

The story and characters are interesting. The game ends by teasing a sequel, but still manages to bring closure.
on October 3, 2013
Darksiders is a fantastic view into the "apocalypse" as it has been predicted in human lore.

Players control War, the first horseman of the apocalypse that comes to earth. War and the other characters are well built in the game and embody what they are very well. War and his horse Ruin fight their way across a landscape that was previously Earth, but is thoroughly destroyed.

Gameplay is fun and makes the player feel powerful, while still remaining a challenge making the game engaging.

The comic-style of certain parts of the game are also extremely well done, and bring solid and consistent tone that is present throughout the whole game.
on April 5, 2012
After hearing several youtubers recommend this game, I was delighted when I found it on sale for five dollars on Amazon. I have played it for several hours now and here's my impression.

Gameplay:
I highly suggest using a gamepad for this as it is a port. The keyboard and mouse controls are mediocre but it was designed for the console, and so it is best played with a console controller. When I first started playing, I was worried because all I seemed to be able to do was mash the X button. Luckily, the game progresses and combos become available for you to buy. From what I've seen, I'm sure there are plenty of awesome combos as you progress further. The controls feel nice as well, although I do wish there was a sprint option.

Graphics:
This game isn't the best-looking, but its art style is fairly interesting. I was actually a bit impressed by what they accomplished on such an old engine. I didn't come across any fps lag or the like, everything was smooth as butter.

Steam:
Steam is required to play this game, and as I understand, some people are boycotting this game for that reason. Personally I'm not sure why nor do I really care.

Conclusion:
This game is definitely very fun so far, and I can't wait to play more. I gave it 4 stars only due to minor flaws but nothing else. Definitely a must-buy, especially when it's only 5 dollars right now.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 5, 2012
I really don't have a whole lot to say I am no major critic and I'm not the best writer. However I really enjoyed this game a lot. I didn't find very many glitches or problems and the controls were simple on PC with both the Xbox 360 controller or mouse and keyboard. It was a challenging game but not so hard that I would quit and not play for a long period of time afterwards. The story was interesting, the bosses were fun and the fighting was entertaining enough. I can't wait for the second game and I would recommend that people buy or at least rent the first one if they haven't already.
on February 20, 2013
If you have any interest in Zelda games or just want a really good action adventure game with a pretty awesome storyline and amazing voice acting then give this game a go. I finished it with about 12 hours give or take an hour or two but was really worth it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question